Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Coaching Staff Speculation/Suggestion (merged)

(01-01-2020, 02:21 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(01-01-2020, 01:49 PM)JackCity Wrote: Highly unlikely Marrone fires his handpicked Oline coach. Wash I can see, Flip too. Argument to be made he didn't actually get full say on either of those

He is not gonna fire Flip. Just because of Minshew. 

Flip started great then went to hell who knows why....

I think losing like 3 tight ends was the reason.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-01-2020, 03:10 PM)JaguarKick Wrote:
(01-01-2020, 02:21 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: He is not gonna fire Flip. Just because of Minshew. 

Flip started great then went to hell who knows why....

I think losing like 3 tight ends was the reason.
Nah he was pretty poor independent of a lack of TE. JOS is an okay TE2 , not someone who would tank an offense to that degree. His play calling was bad, his route patterns got very generic very quickly and they ran the ball way too much and way too inefficiently in the red zone.

Minshew will prob keep him his job

Todd Wash: I stay....? Heh. Heh-a-ha-ha-ha! Zone!

If the Cowboys release the entire staff I wouldn't mind having Rod Marinelli or even Kris Richard as the D Coordinator. I think they can get a lot more of out our guys than Wash.

(01-06-2020, 12:14 PM)JAllen#41 Wrote: If the Cowboys release the entire staff I wouldn't mind having Rod Marinelli or even Kris Richard as the D Coordinator.  I think they can get a lot more of out our guys than Wash.

Anyone should be able to get better results, but I doubt Marrone makes any changes

[Image: ENn4hKSXkAAuBIN?format=jpg&name=4096x4096]

My money is on Wash staying. If Wash leaves, my money would be on either Capers or Tim Walton moving to DC. They're going to have a really tough time attracting top talent with a head coach and a GM on a prove-it year (during which they will inevitably go 6-10 and be retained for 2021 anyway).

(01-01-2020, 11:23 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Was not Capers already a Consultant with poor results?

He's not on the sideline making playcalls or adjustments. He probably did a decent amount of film study and suggested things, but whether or not he was heeded is another issue entirely. Also yea Wash was terrible but we can't pretend that the worst LB corps in the league, failure to execute and being caught out of position can be pinned on a consultant yk?

Also Capers is more of a 3-4 guy especially in his more recent stops. I think if we make the call to transition to a 3-4 that he'd get the nod if they fire Wash. Or if he was one of Coughlins guys that he may just "retire"
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(01-06-2020, 12:14 PM)JAllen#41 Wrote: If the Cowboys release the entire staff I wouldn't mind having Rod Marinelli or even Kris Richard as the D Coordinator.  I think they can get a lot more of out our guys than Wash.

Mike Nolan was just hired to run the Cowboys' D (good call). Marinelli's debating finding a new team or retiring. I could see Richard ending up in Carolina, possibly New York. I think Cleveland's going to end up hiring an old fogey for the "experience/win now" card. If Richard doesn't end up with a head coaching job this year, suddenly he becomes very interesting in the sense that now we'd have our DC and a ready, in-house candidate to take over if Marrone meatheads it up out there again.

(01-06-2020, 04:05 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [Image: ENn4hKSXkAAuBIN?format=jpg&name=4096x4096]
Damn it Tony.  Plug your phone in!!!!

(01-06-2020, 07:03 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/Demetrius82/status/1214298358740930561?s=20

https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2020/1/6/2...r-position

I really want Phillips, but never underestimate the power of the Schwartz.

Realistically, they'll both be hired elsewhere while the Jags contemplate their navels before the meeting next Monday.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

I really hope Doug is making calls or someone is doing it for him. There is no excuse to not make the change with his direct line of communication he talked so much about.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Rod Marinelli would be a significant upgrade to Wash and probably more likely to come than Wade.

Although it's likely neither want to latch on to a lame duck HC

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2020, 10:39 PM by Upper.)

Disregard

(01-06-2020, 08:11 PM)JackCity Wrote: Rod Marinelli would be a significant upgrade to Wash and probably more likely to come than Wade.

Marinelli, Phillips, and Schwartz were all head coaches before and if hired as DC would be a natural pick if Marrone were to be fired in midseason. That's a reasonable opportunity right there. Plus, it looks good on one's resume to turn around a defense and this looks like an easy chance at that.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Khan you better be on that phone to Wade. Throw the money at him. Could you imagine Yan in that system?! He'll be Von Miller SB type numbers.

There is ZERO excuse for Wash to still be here in February.

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2020, 11:37 PM by JackCity.)

(01-06-2020, 11:12 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(01-06-2020, 08:11 PM)JackCity Wrote: Rod Marinelli would be a significant upgrade to Wash and probably more likely to come than Wade.

Marinelli, Phillips, and Schwartz were all head coaches before and if hired as DC would be a natural pick if Marrone were to be fired in midseason. That's a reasonable opportunity right there. Plus, it looks good on one's resume to turn around a defense and this looks like an easy chance at that.

Theres a whole crop of new hires this year who will need defensive coordinators and they are among the best.  

The chances of Wade and Marinelli ever getting another head coach job is slim to none, including here. 

They aren't gonna sign up for what could easily be a one year trip to Jacksonville until a new head coach comes in. If Schwartz leaves Philly maybe he wants to link up Doug again but thats really it.

Marinelli and Wade are in the their 7Os, they don't really need resume builders for anything too.

I'd love all of them but it's unlikely they would actually come here

There are no coaching changes need. Continuity is the key to build on the same winning formula that has worked so well since Khan bought the team.

At our current rate, we should have another shot at the playoffs in 2022. Just be patient.