Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Coaching Staff Speculation/Suggestion (merged)

I have a feeling Dallas would love a reunion with Phillips, and Phillips will see how much freedom Capers got with McCarthy and be happy to return too.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-07-2020, 12:07 AM)Upper Wrote: I have a feeling Dallas would love a reunion with Phillips, and Phillips will see how much freedom Capers got with McCarthy and be happy to return too.

Mike Nolan is DC of Dallas now

Oh that just happened this afternoon...nevermind again...

Wash better not be here running our defense in ANY capacity next year.

I'm trying really hard not to throw up at the thought we could have had Bienemy and Wade next year.

This team...

Wash will probably get an extension, no way we can let that 2017 d mastermind go!

Wash is not getting fired. You guys need to get over that.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(01-07-2020, 11:51 AM)Dimson Wrote: Wash is not getting fired. You guys need to get over that.

I'm still crossing fingers and toes that Wash and Warhop are gone.  Not giving up hope yet.

I don't see how we can keep Wash and Warhop after this year. It's insane.

(01-07-2020, 11:58 AM)JaguarKick Wrote: I don't see how we can keep Wash and Warhop after this year.  It's insane.
At least Wash has some good games here and there.

Warhop is atrocious and never should have been hired in the first place.

My guess is that we'll be seeing an overhaul of the defensive staff. My guess is that when the coaching staff returns on 1/13, we'll start to hear about changes within a few days.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2020/1/6/2...r-position

At this moment I have just learned that Schwartz may be the next head coach of the Cleveland Browns..

That being said, If him or Wade Phillips is available, I think that they would both be tremendous hires, and substantial upgrades from Wash. Both of their contracts are up and neither candidate’s club has expressed a desire to retain them.

What do you guys think?

I would love to see capers stay and bring in Phillips as DC, might not happen in one season though, but I thin between the 2 we would see some pretty innovative stuff out of the 3-4 but With Marrone probably in a do or die year he might not want to change things that drastically.
[img]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/1a8a2498-9833-4b7d-8cc7-5e45aa36d9f6[/img][img=648x560]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/cfd7a344-8206-4fed-a4c4-6536e150b1a7[/img]

(01-08-2020, 01:32 AM)Adub28 Wrote: I would love to see capers stay and bring in Phillips as DC,  might not happen in one season though, but I thin between the 2 we would see some pretty innovative stuff out of the 3-4 but With Marrone probably in a do or die year he might not want to change things that drastically.

This is exactly why he needs to do something drastic for the defense.

(01-08-2020, 09:10 AM)JAllen#41 Wrote:
(01-08-2020, 01:32 AM)Adub28 Wrote: I would love to see capers stay and bring in Phillips as DC,  might not happen in one season though, but I thin between the 2 we would see some pretty innovative stuff out of the 3-4 but With Marrone probably in a do or die year he might not want to change things that drastically.

This is exactly why he needs to do something drastic for the defense.

Yeah. This ^ is my thought as well. 
In the same way that they made changes at QB and OC after the 2018 season - the 2019 season should spurn changes at Defensive Coordinator and Middle Linebacker.  (likely nose tackle too dependant on Dareus)

Head coaches do indeed make changes to staff when attempting to cling to their jobs. History shows precedent, and if Marrone wants to stick around, he'd be wise to make an effort to re-vamp this defense.

I worry that they're just gonna make all sorts of excuses for why the defense was so lousy this year....so Wash can keep his job. "Oh but Telvin left us hanging! Jalen wanted out! Dareus got hurt! My system is perfect when you have all-pro talent playing!"

Something does indeed need to radically change. Does Marrone have the guts to recognize this and do something about it, though? Who knows. I've already accepted next season will most likely be another five or six win season if they're lucky. The only hope I have is that Minshew comes out and improves in leaps and bounds and proves beyond all doubts that he's every bit as good as a future franchise QB for this team.

That is, if the current coaching staff doesn't run all of his chances for that into the ground next season...which is why the defense has to do its part, and that includes [BLEEP] Wash, unfortunately. I'm not getting my hopes up for him being demoted or fired.

I'm optimistically realistic. I don't see this team being an attractive destination for a big-name coordinator unless there's a wink-nudge in place with Caldwell that said DC will be running the show by the bye week. That means one of four things imo: Wash returns, Wash is fired and replaced by Capers, Wash is fired and replaced by Walton because Capers doesn't want the job, or Wash is fired and replaced by a college guy who won't come in wanting big changes to the position coaches. The optimistic part is that I could still see Wash being fired, and I'm hoping the team is actually doing a thorough review of their options instead of just giving Wash the same old, "Blah blah accountability, blah blah results," talk that he gets every year.

(01-08-2020, 10:24 AM)TJBender Wrote: I'm optimistically realistic. I don't see this team being an attractive destination for a big-name coordinator unless there's a wink-nudge in place with Caldwell that said DC will be running the show by the bye week. That means one of four things imo: Wash returns, Wash is fired and replaced by Capers, Wash is fired and replaced by Walton because Capers doesn't want the job, or Wash is fired and replaced by a college guy who won't come in wanting big changes to the position coaches. The optimistic part is that I could still see Wash being fired, and I'm hoping the team is actually doing a thorough review of their options instead of just giving Wash the same old, "Blah blah accountability, blah blah results," talk that he gets every year.

I'd imagine Rebrovich is promoted to DC from Dline coach in that scenario. He's Dougs boy since Syracuse.

waiting until the 13th Marrone is either really thinking about changes but missing out on potential new coaches....
or is keeping the previous clown show.
One other is he may fire a few and promote from within as a few have mentioned.
At any rate, my money is on few if any staff changes.
Which will be a bummer.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(01-08-2020, 10:31 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(01-08-2020, 10:24 AM)TJBender Wrote: I'm optimistically realistic. I don't see this team being an attractive destination for a big-name coordinator unless there's a wink-nudge in place with Caldwell that said DC will be running the show by the bye week. That means one of four things imo: Wash returns, Wash is fired and replaced by Capers, Wash is fired and replaced by Walton because Capers doesn't want the job, or Wash is fired and replaced by a college guy who won't come in wanting big changes to the position coaches. The optimistic part is that I could still see Wash being fired, and I'm hoping the team is actually doing a thorough review of their options instead of just giving Wash the same old, "Blah blah accountability, blah blah results," talk that he gets every year.

I'd imagine Rebrovich is promoted to DC from Dline coach in that scenario. He's Dougs boy since Syracuse.

Considering that the DL is the only solid unit on the entire defense, I just don't see them moving Rebrovich out of that role. Maybe they would consider something where he's DL/run coordinator and Walton or Capers add pass coordinator to their title, but taking Rebrovich off of the DL at this point just seems like a goofy desperation move. 

So, yeah, that's exactly what will happen.

I know it seems odd that I keep bringing up Walton, but the Rams' D was actually pretty good during his year running it. He was only fired because Jeff Fisher's bromantic partner Gregg Williams was finally available.