Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Hayden Hurst?

Nice article in today's Times-Union about Hayden Hurst and his previous struggles with anxiety and depression. The guy deserves a lot of credit for how far he has come. Reportedly, the Jaguars were strongly considering taking him in the draft 2 years ago, however he was selected by the Ravens making him unavailable. Mark Andrews is clearly the Ravens' number 1 tight end and they are very deep at this position. Given his local ties and the Jaguars' desperate need to find a more reliable tight end, how much would it take to pull off such a trade? I'd be willing to offer the Ravens our 3rd round pick in the 2020 draft. Since it's a pretty high pick, the Ravens might go for it. The draft class at this position is extremely weak and I doubt the Jags would be willing or able to meet the price tag that Hooper or Henry will expect. This make Hurst a good alternative. He may not ever be the same caliber as guys like Goedert, Andrews or Hooper, but would likely be an upgrade from what they currently have. Would you consider making this offer to the Ravens?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I wouldn’t mind it, but I don’t think we need to give up a third for him. He only has two years and a fifth year option. Minshew really thrived when O’Shaughnessy was in the line-up, and Hurst is quiet a bit better than he was.

Not a 3rd since we're picking high in each round.

Speaking of Depression and Anxiety, he'd be a good fit here though because this team is quite depressing.

He hasn't developed as expected, and he's going to be 27 entering his third year, so not the usual amount of time for a reclamation project. I could see sending over a late round pick for him, but nothing higher than the fifth round IMO. He's their third-string tight end.

(01-13-2020, 04:39 PM)TJBender Wrote: He hasn't developed as expected, and he's going to be 27 entering his third year, so not the usual amount of time for a reclamation project. I could see sending over a late round pick for him, but nothing higher than the fifth round IMO. He's their third-string tight end.

This. I wouldn't give up that much for him.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Hurst is not that guy. I actually like our rookie if they would call some dang plays for him. The kid has all the tools.

(01-14-2020, 07:48 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Hurst is not that guy. I actually like our rookie if they would call some dang plays for him. The kid has all the tools.

How in the world do we know this?

At least Hurst is on the field.

It's a NO for me as well. I agree that we already have acapable TE(s) in place. If we did need an TE, select him within the 2020 NFL draft.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

I don't think the Ravens are selling anyways. Roman loves TE's and I don't see them letting one walk without having another to take his spot.

(01-14-2020, 10:46 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(01-14-2020, 07:48 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Hurst is not that guy. I actually like our rookie if they would call some dang plays for him. The kid has all the tools.

How in the world do we know this?

He was a top TE in the nation in college. And he has good size and decent speed. Most of all, the kid catches the football natural.

I think he can be a red zone threat next season. It goes back to the OC last year. He just didn’t get any looks.

(01-15-2020, 11:53 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(01-14-2020, 10:46 AM)Mikey Wrote: How in the world do we know this?

He was a top TE in the nation in college. And he has good size and decent speed. Most of all, the kid catches the football natural.

I think he can be a red zone threat next season. It goes back to the OC last year. He just didn’t get any looks.

I don't think we know what he can produce.

He was injured at the start of his first season and Mark Andrews leapt ahead of him. And while he's fit now, he's not getting the same number of targets.

And while his production for the number of targets he gets isn't bad, is that because he plays for a team which favours TEs?