Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
handshake 525 error

cant access forum through safari.  getting a 525 error code "handshake error"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Working on it.  The same is happening to me using Chrome.  Firefox works fine.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(01-12-2020, 08:13 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Working on it.  The same is happening to me using Chrome.  Firefox works fine.

Thank you!  You and the rest of the team are the best! I can only access the site on my desktop (Mac) with chrome.   but not chrome on ipad or iphone.   ill leave the computer stuff to you guys that know waaaaay more.   Everything ive searched was showing its on on the websites end, but i wasnt sure if it was on mine or not.   Thanks again!!!

if it helps, i tried Firefox and Chrome on my phone and still get the error.
Chrome on desktop still works for me.

I only get it if I'm going to duvalpride.com, the sub forums seem to work fine.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-13-2020, 01:41 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I only get it if I'm going to duvalpride.com, the sub forums seem to work fine.

Just tried doing that and it worked on my phone.

(01-13-2020, 01:47 PM)Jags Wrote:
(01-13-2020, 01:41 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I only get it if I'm going to duvalpride.com, the sub forums seem to work fine.

Just tried doing that and it worked on my phone.

I also deleted my normal bookmark and resaved it. Seems to be working fine now.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-13-2020, 02:14 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-13-2020, 01:47 PM)Jags Wrote: Just tried doing that and it worked on my phone.

I also deleted my normal bookmark and resaved it. Seems to be working fine now.

Just did the same.  Thanks.

Even though I saved a sub forums bookmark, I’ve noticed it’s been fixed. Thank!

This gives me a pretty good clue as far as what to look for.  Trying to get a hold of Superuser... he has ALL of the power here.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Seems like most have figured out how to get back into the site. But, since I don’t really understand the technical stuff, what caused us all to have this issue? One minute life is good, the next not. What happened in between?

Firefox and Edge give me the error, I'm using IE 11 to access the site
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

(01-15-2020, 08:59 PM)Jags Wrote: Seems like most have figured out how to get back into the site.  But, since I don’t really understand the technical stuff, what caused us all to have this issue?   One minute life is good, the next not.  What happened in between?

It's a configuration error on the server.  I can't permanently fix it until Superuser returns.

I thought the site was dead... I only just got back on today by connecting to a sub-forum. It's still happening when attempting to go straight to duvalpride.com.

(01-23-2020, 01:50 AM)scottyg Wrote: I thought the site was dead...  I only just got back on today by connecting to a sub-forum.  It's still happening when attempting to go straight to duvalpride.com.

Add “www.” Before you type duvalpride.com

It’ll work.

Every so often my post gets duplicated between hitting the Post Reply and when it displays. Is this a side effect of these problems we've been having?

(01-31-2020, 09:30 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Every so often my post gets duplicated between hitting the Post Reply and when it displays. Is this a side effect of these problems we've been having?

User error.   Laughing
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(01-31-2020, 11:10 AM)Rico Wrote:
(01-31-2020, 09:30 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Every so often my post gets duplicated between hitting the Post Reply and when it displays. Is this a side effect of these problems we've been having?

User error.   Laughing

Maybe, but unlikely... Sleepy

(01-31-2020, 11:27 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-31-2020, 11:10 AM)Rico Wrote: User error.   Laughing

Maybe, but unlikely... Sleepy

I'll give you many company's standard help desk reply:

Did you try rebooting?   Smile
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(01-31-2020, 02:26 PM)Rico Wrote:
(01-31-2020, 11:27 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Maybe, but unlikely... Sleepy

I'll give you many company's standard help desk reply:

Did you try rebooting?   Smile

People still use desktops for this forum?