Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
DeFilippo/Jags Part Ways

(01-16-2020, 01:22 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(01-16-2020, 01:20 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: Oesher has said that it's simply a nice way of saying they fired him, not that it was mutual.  Apparently the feeling inside the building is he didn't get the job done.

Further proof that Khan may be too dumb

Just FIRE him.

And Wash still has a job, this is hilarious.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-16-2020, 07:54 PM by JagsorDie.)

(01-16-2020, 10:22 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(01-16-2020, 10:12 AM)Mikey Wrote: @Flippin' apologist.@

Am I doing this right?

How I am I an apologist. Just because I am not bashing thre Jags for not getting a guy who clearly chose thre better overall situation? Because no one on this board had any idea if the Jags were even considered. I prefer to form my opinions on facts and not on speculation.

No I was being a little pissy. That’s on me. But I have read more than once(to lazy to go find it) where you have come off as overly defensive of the owners moves, at least how I read. Maybe it was tony khan I don’t remember.

I get it, being mad doesn’t solve anything and it isn’t going to make him change how he is approaching things. 

All I’m saying is it’s getting really hard to defend some of the moves that are being made. I hope the majority of us are wrong and he is making the right ones.

I’ve been pissy lately cause it is a tough time to be a jag. With our season ending how it did, all the hype there was(at least among us fans) coming into the year. And to top it off the biggest [BLEEP] stain in our division is in the afccg.  Rough times.

Honestly, I don't like this situation of keeping Wash and like to see someone better take his place. The problem is... there currently isn't anyone better that would take a job that is possibly for only one year. Anyone with half a brain knows you don't fire someone without at least a list of reasonable replacements. Hell, the only reason DeFlipp was let go is likely due to the large amount of solid to very good candidates that can replace him.

(01-16-2020, 08:50 PM)jrvegeeta Wrote: Honestly, I don't like this situation of keeping Wash and like to see someone better take his place. The problem is... there currently isn't anyone better that would take a job that is possibly for only one year. Anyone with half a brain knows you don't fire someone without at least a list of reasonable replacements. Hell, the only reason DeFlipp was let go is likely due to the large amount of solid to very good candidates that can replace him.

At this point, I don't need a guarantee that someone else is better.  I just know that what we have doesn't meet the eye test.  Somebody different is preferable whether or not he's "better".
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(01-16-2020, 01:20 PM)JaguarKick Wrote:
(01-16-2020, 10:47 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: I can understand that but its moreso, i'm not truly sold on Garrett.  Reading post from, i forget his name, he seems to think Garrett can work well with Minshew so im open to hoping that could actually be true.  We'll see what route we take.

Its kind of funny tho.  Flip must've knew this ship was sinking fast if he left an OC job to be a QB coach.

Oesher has said that it's simply a nice way of saying they fired him, not that it was mutual.  Apparently the feeling inside the building is he didn't get the job done.

I just don't know how anyone could make that statement with a straight face why Wash is still in the building.

Someone needs to talk and get the inside info on why Wash is still there.

(01-17-2020, 02:46 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(01-16-2020, 01:20 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: Oesher has said that it's simply a nice way of saying they fired him, not that it was mutual.  Apparently the feeling inside the building is he didn't get the job done.

I just don't know how anyone could make that statement with a straight face why Wash is still in the building.

I think they look at the defensive numbers and are satisfied.  We aren't.  But I think Marrone and Caldwell are.

21st in scoring defense at almost 25 points per game.
25th in opponent yards per game at 375 yards per game.
16th in passing yards per game at 236 yards per game.
28th in rushing yards per game at 139 yards per game.

Apparently, they see that as good.  But even the passing yards per game is deceptive.  Because every time it counts, you know they're going to give up a crucial first down or explosive play.  Pathetic.
Fix the O-Line!

(01-17-2020, 07:19 AM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(01-17-2020, 02:46 AM)p_rushing Wrote: I just don't know how anyone could make that statement with a straight face why Wash is still in the building.

I think they look at the defensive numbers and are satisfied.  We aren't.  But I think Marrone and Caldwell are.

Apparently, they see that as good.  But even the passing yards per game is deceptive.  Because every time it counts, you know they're going to give up a crucial first down or explosive play.  Pathetic.

The Dareus injury, the offensive woes, and the Ramsey debacle are all their built in excuses I'm sure.
If Dareus doesn't get hurt, our run D isn't as bad.
If Ramsey doesn't go full diva the D is better on the whole.
If the offense could have been more consistent (and didn't have to rely on Foles and a 6th round rookie) our D would have been fresher later in games when they usually got whooped and gashed.

These are not MY excuses for the D. I wanted a clean house.
Just saying... they obviously felt that between Coughlin having his fingers in the pot too much and forcing some things, along with injuries, and the Ramsey drama this year was an outlier.
IIRC our D was still pretty good in 2018 and they probably think (hope) they can get back to at least that level with some additions and moves.

We should all be skeptical.

(01-17-2020, 01:18 PM)Kane Wrote:
(01-17-2020, 07:19 AM)I am Yoda Wrote: I think they look at the defensive numbers and are satisfied.  We aren't.  But I think Marrone and Caldwell are.

The Dareus injury, the offensive woes, and the Ramsey debacle are all their built in excuses I'm sure.
If Dareus doesn't get hurt, our run D isn't as bad.
If Ramsey doesn't go full diva the D is better on the whole.
If the offense could have been more consistent (and didn't have to rely on Foles and a 6th round rookie) our D would have been fresher later in games when they usually got whooped and gashed.

These are not MY excuses for the D. I wanted a clean house.
Just saying... they obviously felt that between Coughlin having his fingers in the pot too much and forcing some things, along with injuries, and the Ramsey drama this year was an outlier.
IIRC our D was still pretty good in 2018 and they probably think (hope) they can get back to at least that level with some additions and moves.

We should all be skeptical.

Not having Telvin was a big blow to the defense as well

(This post was last modified: 01-17-2020, 02:25 PM by Mikey.)

(01-16-2020, 10:22 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(01-16-2020, 10:12 AM)Mikey Wrote: @Flippin' apologist.@

Am I doing this right?

How I am I an apologist. Just because I am not bashing thre Jags for not getting a guy who clearly chose thre better overall situation? Because no one on this board had any idea if the Jags were even considered. I prefer to form my opinions on facts and not on speculation.

I just thought it was funny you got called that by someone. Just havin' some fun, friend.

Edit: see below, humility is really cool when we realize we are all in this together.

(This post was last modified: 01-17-2020, 02:24 PM by Mikey.)

(01-16-2020, 01:20 PM)JaguarKick Wrote:
(01-16-2020, 10:47 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: I can understand that but its moreso, i'm not truly sold on Garrett.  Reading post from, i forget his name, he seems to think Garrett can work well with Minshew so im open to hoping that could actually be true.  We'll see what route we take.

Its kind of funny tho.  Flip must've knew this ship was sinking fast if he left an OC job to be a QB coach.

Oesher has said that it's simply a nice way of saying they fired him, not that it was mutual.  Apparently the feeling inside the building is he didn't get the job done.

Back in the day, one company I worked for had a routine.

If anyone on the team wasn't performing well at their job, the Office Manager (boss's wife) would invite them to join her for lunch, her treat. During the lunch, the staffer was given the option to resign or be fired. Everyone she bought lunch for agreed it was in their best interests to resign. I don't think she ever had to fire anyone.

This also saves Dave and Doug some face, as "mutual agreement to part ways" looks a lot better than them throwing him under the bus as some scapegoat.

(01-16-2020, 07:50 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(01-16-2020, 10:22 AM)Dimson Wrote: How I am I an apologist. Just because I am not bashing thre Jags for not getting a guy who clearly chose thre better overall situation? Because no one on this board had any idea if the Jags were even considered. I prefer to form my opinions on facts and not on speculation.

No I was being a little pissy. That’s on me. But I have read more than once(to lazy to go find it) where you have come off as overly defensive of the owners moves, at least how I read. Maybe it was tony khan I don’t remember.

I get it, being mad doesn’t solve anything and it isn’t going to make him change how he is approaching things. 

All I’m saying is it’s getting really hard to defend some of the moves that are being made. I hope the majority of us are wrong and he is making the right ones.

I’ve been pissy lately cause it is a tough time to be a jag. With our season ending how it did, all the hype there was(at least among us fans) coming into the year. And to top it off the biggest [BLEEP] stain in our division is in the afccg.  Rough times.

+1 for owning it. I share in those frustrations, fellow jaguar. I too try to hope that we're in good hands, but hope seems to be a four-letter word these days.

(01-17-2020, 07:19 AM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(01-17-2020, 02:46 AM)p_rushing Wrote: I just don't know how anyone could make that statement with a straight face why Wash is still in the building.

In no way am I advocating keeping Wash regardless of numbers, but I really get irked when we get a few stats that support a point, and nothing else.

What were the stats like for the offense? Where did we stand on 3-and-outs? How lopsided was our TOP against the D? Where did we stand in overall sacks? How did those stats look before and after Dareus got hurt? (Seems our run D faltered badly at that point in the season).  Did our defense fare better when playing with a lead? Stats like that help paint a more thorough picture of whether or not we're as bad as those 4 figures appear.

Personally I have no idea what argument they are using to justify him sticking around, or if that argument even holds water. I've been banging the drum to have him sent packing for a while. I expect to see similar rankings this time next year if they refuse to change.

(01-17-2020, 02:35 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(01-17-2020, 07:19 AM)I am Yoda Wrote: I think they look at the defensive numbers and are satisfied.  We aren't.  But I think Marrone and Caldwell are.

In no way am I advocating keeping Wash regardless of numbers, but I really get irked when we get a few stats that support a point, and nothing else.

What were the stats like for the offense? Where did we stand on 3-and-outs? How lopsided was our TOP against the D? Where did we stand in overall sacks? How did those stats look before and after Dareus got hurt? (Seems our run D faltered badly at that point in the season).  Did our defense fare better when playing with a lead? Stats like that help paint a more thorough picture of whether or not we're as bad as those 4 figures appear.

Personally I have no idea what argument they are using to justify him sticking around, or if that argument even holds water. I've been banging the drum to have him sent packing for a while. I expect to see similar rankings this time next year if they refuse to change.

Not to be snarky.  But if you want more stats, mine the internet for them.  These are the stats available to me on free sites.  I don't have access to advanced stats because I'm not going to pay $39.99/mo. for them!  :-)

Even if I did, it wouldn't change the facts.  We see them in the defensive rankings and we saw them with our eyes.  Of course the run D was worse after Dareus went down.  But it wasn't great before.  AND if one guy missing can turn your defense into the marshmallow brigade, that's vital information, too.  Was the pass defense worse after Ramsey left?  Not really.  He wound up being the 36th ranked CB this year.  Peters, who the Rams traded away, was the 4th best.  We have a weak LB corps.  It was weak when Telvin was here last year.  He couldn't tackle for squat.  Coaching is the main problem.  You could deploy these same players in a defense coached by Mike Vrabel, or Bill Bellichik, or Mike Zimmer and they'd jump into a top half of the league ranking.

I don't think you disagree with me about the coaching.  I'm just emphasizing that the stats are in no way deceiving nor are they inadequate to the point.
Fix the O-Line!