Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ben McAdoo interviews for OC job

(01-17-2020, 04:42 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(01-17-2020, 02:03 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: Yeah.  I'm kind of hoping for Caldwell.  Built-in next HC.  Plus QBs are his thing.

I don't get the fascination with Caldwell from this angle. He wasn't exactly successful as a head coach, and the QB he worked such wonders on was Peyton freaking Manning in his prime...

He was Flaccos QB coach during the SB year and did good work with Stafford too.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The Bad from Baldy https://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/12/nfl-gia...geno-smith

The Good Inside the Film Room https://www.giants.com/video/inside-the-...e-16701128

Hopefully they don't pull the trigger too fast here. I'd like to see who else they have in mind.

(This post was last modified: 01-17-2020, 06:00 PM by Mowerguy.)

(01-17-2020, 05:48 PM)JAllen#41 Wrote: Hopefully they don't pull the trigger too fast here. I'd like to see who else they have in mind.

I hope they do see what else is out there.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Hopefully we are waiting on Lafleur

I think it is a little under whelming. I think this is mostly that partly because I was really high on Brady. I mean, he is a good OC, but i don't think can entertain the idea of an air raid or even just a heavy pass offense with this O line.. i feel like if we did, we would turn into a check down down offense with 50 passes a game..

(01-18-2020, 01:17 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: I think it is a little under whelming. I think this is mostly that partly because I was really high on Brady. I mean, he is a good OC, but i don't think can entertain the idea of an air raid or even just a heavy pass offense with this O line.. i feel like if we did, we would turn into a check down down offense with 50 passes a game..

I'd like to see it go to a more West Coast base like Shanahan, Gruden, and others.  I'm not sure what we have now.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

He will become OC, and then get promoted to HC next season. #becausejaguars

(01-18-2020, 01:17 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: I think it is a little under whelming. I think this is mostly that partly because I was really high on Brady. I mean, he is a good OC, but i don't think can entertain the idea of an air raid or even just a heavy pass offense with this O line.. i feel like if we did, we would turn into a check down down offense with 50 passes a game..

Neither Brady nor McAdoo are air raid guys

(01-17-2020, 05:32 PM)JAllen#41 Wrote: The Bad from Baldy https://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/12/nfl-gia...geno-smith

The Good Inside the Film Room  https://www.giants.com/video/inside-the-...e-16701128

Eww... this does give me second thoughts. When I think McAdoo, get the ball out quick, protect your QB comes to mind. But that's just West Coast stuff that many coordinators bring to the table. Gruden seems more imaginative. I'd love him here. He was against playing Haskins because he wanted to actually win games this past season. Can't fault him for that.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt