Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Police warn of 'highly addictive substance': Girl Scout cookies

Police warn of 'highly addictive substance': Girl Scout cookies

RAVENNA, Ohio —

An Ohio police department is warning residents about an incoming wave of a highly addictive substance: Girl Scout cookies.

https://www.wgal.com/article/police-warn...s/30583772
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I can eat a whole box of the Samoas in a day. And I don't like sweets too much but those things are like crack.

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2020, 07:12 PM by Jags.)

(01-20-2020, 10:29 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I can eat a whole box of the Samoas in a day. And I don't like sweets too much but those things are like crack.

Are those the peanut butter ones?  Whichever ones they are, I can eat a box or two. They’ve gotta be laced.  I too am not a sweets person.

(01-22-2020, 06:40 PM)Jags Wrote:
(01-20-2020, 10:29 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I can eat a whole box of the Samoas in a day. And I don't like sweets too much but those things are like crack.

Are those the peanut butter ones?  Whichever ones they are, I can eat a box or two. They’ve gotta be laced.  I too am not a sweets person.

No they are the coconut ones. Freaking delicious!

(01-22-2020, 07:46 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(01-22-2020, 06:40 PM)Jags Wrote: Are those the peanut butter ones?  Whichever ones they are, I can eat a box or two. They’ve gotta be laced.  I too am not a sweets person.

No they are the coconut ones. Freaking delicious!

What’s the peanut butter ones called?  I need to know so when they come knocking on my door asking for “tree fiddy”.

(01-22-2020, 07:48 PM)Jags Wrote:
(01-22-2020, 07:46 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: No they are the coconut ones. Freaking delicious!

What’s the peanut butter ones called?  I need to know so when they come knocking on my door asking for “tree fiddy”.

Just ask for the peanut butter ones. They don't go by their original names anymore. I don't remember what the deal was.

(This post was last modified: 01-24-2020, 12:22 PM by TJBender.)

(01-22-2020, 07:48 PM)Jags Wrote:
(01-22-2020, 07:46 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: No they are the coconut ones. Freaking delicious!

Tagalongs. Also, make sure that anyone asking you for money is actually a Girl Scout. The Loch Ness Monster Welfare Fund has been known to impersonate. If the Girl Scout at your door is fifty feet tall and a Loch Ness Monster, politely refuse and call police immediately.

(01-22-2020, 07:53 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(01-22-2020, 07:48 PM)Jags Wrote: What’s the peanut butter ones called?  I need to know so when they come knocking on my door asking for “tree fiddy”.

Just ask for the peanut butter ones. They don't go by their original names anymore. I don't remember what the deal was.

Didn't it have something to do with different bakeries producing the same cookies and getting pissy over names?

Bruce Willis once bought about $60K worth of Girl Scout cookies from his daughter and sent them to us on deployment. It was several pallets full. The supply folks just started tossing them over their shoulders to the quickly growing crowd of squids. The Samoas and Tagalongs became valuable bartering goods.

(01-24-2020, 12:19 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(01-22-2020, 07:48 PM)Jags Wrote: What’s the peanut butter ones called?  I need to know so when they come knocking on my door asking for “tree fiddy”.

Tagalongs. Also, make sure that anyone asking you for money is actually a Girl Scout. The Loch Ness Monster Welfare Fund has been known to impersonate. If the Girl Scout at your door is fifty feet tall and a Loch Ness Monster, politely refuse and call police immediately.

(01-22-2020, 07:53 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Just ask for the peanut butter ones. They don't go by their original names anymore. I don't remember what the deal was.

Didn't it have something to do with different bakeries producing the same cookies and getting pissy over names?

Lucky the loch ness monster only asks for about three fiddy.

(01-24-2020, 01:18 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(01-24-2020, 12:19 PM)TJBender Wrote: Tagalongs. Also, make sure that anyone asking you for money is actually a Girl Scout. The Loch Ness Monster Welfare Fund has been known to impersonate. If the Girl Scout at your door is fifty feet tall and a Loch Ness Monster, politely refuse and call police immediately.

Lucky the loch ness monster only asks for about three fiddy.

I gave him a dollar.

(01-24-2020, 01:48 PM)Jags Wrote:
(01-24-2020, 01:18 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Lucky the loch ness monster only asks for about three fiddy.

I gave him a dollar.

Well no wonder he keeps coming back!

(01-24-2020, 01:53 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(01-24-2020, 01:48 PM)Jags Wrote: I gave him a dollar.

Well no wonder he keeps coming back!

You beat me to it. +3.50

(01-24-2020, 12:19 PM)TJBender Wrote:

(01-22-2020, 07:53 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Just ask for the peanut butter ones. They don't go by their original names anymore. I don't remember what the deal was.

I believe you are right about the bakeries.

(01-24-2020, 02:56 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(01-24-2020, 01:53 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Well no wonder he keeps coming back!

You beat me to it. +3.50

TrivialPursuit is the Loch Ness monster?  He just took you for tree fiddy!

(01-24-2020, 05:38 PM)Jags Wrote:
(01-24-2020, 02:56 PM)TJBender Wrote: You beat me to it. +3.50

TrivialPursuit is the Loch Ness monster?  He just took you for tree fiddy!

You’re the moron that gave him a dollar.

(01-24-2020, 09:24 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(01-24-2020, 05:38 PM)Jags Wrote: TrivialPursuit is the Loch Ness monster?  He just took you for tree fiddy!

You’re the moron that gave him a dollar.

I thought he’d go away if I gave him a dollar.

Well, it was about that time I noticed this Girl Scout was about 8 stories tall and a crustacean from the Paleozoic era.

FYI, the Girl Scouts no longer asking tree fiddy. The Loch Ness monster came to my door the other day. They now want 4.00. It left with 12.00 of my money.

(01-24-2020, 01:05 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Bruce Willis once bought about $60K worth of Girl Scout cookies from his daughter and sent them to us on deployment. It was several pallets full. The supply folks just started tossing them over their shoulders to the quickly growing crowd of squids. The Samoas and Tagalongs became valuable bartering goods.

That’s pretty damn awesome.  If I was worth over 150 mil I’d probably do that too.  But I can only afford to buy myself some at this stage of my life.

I finally caved yesterday and got two boxes of the caramel delights, AKA, Samoas. I have exercised great restraint and have not had any yet. They'll be desert for tonight.

I handed the lady $8 and thanked her for supporting my habit. Her kid was like- what? Lol

(This post was last modified: 02-02-2020, 07:36 PM by Talented Kalamari.)

Girl Scout cookies are and always have been legit. Tagalongs and thin mints ftw