Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tom Brady may test free agency

This should be fun.  I just hope he dont go to the Colts

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-19-2020, 12:37 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: This should be fun.  I just hope he dont go to the Colts

Why, once he is out of the Patriots system he will either be an average or below average QB.

The report is from Jason LaCanfora. Who we know is often full of it.
(same guy that said Coughlin was going to take over as HC in Jax last offseason)

The quote is that "a source" told JLC that it would only be "human nature" for Brady to want to see what else is out there.
Hardly a solid bet he's going to seriously shop around.

https://nfltraderumors.co/tom-brady-plan...ee-agency/

(01-19-2020, 12:39 PM)jagman Wrote:
(01-19-2020, 12:37 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: This should be fun.  I just hope he dont go to the Colts

Why, once he is out of the Patriots system he will either be an average or below average QB.

No

Hope he signs with the Jaguars.

I think it's the other way around... I think Tom Brady made that dynasty not belichick not the coaching staff... Without Brady they have no dynasty.... I also think McDaniels is overrated...Brady just changes the offensive play at the line regardless of what McDaniels calls anyways....and then Go back and look at belichick win loss record without Tom Brady.... That guy didn't start winning long term until Brady started playing.... Then again who knows their are a bunch of cheaters... And without cheating they may not have won anything....

He'll sign with the titans.

Did anyone actually watch the man play this year?

He didn't look very good and it was clear by game 8 he was a different player.

So you think another year will have done his body... better?

(01-20-2020, 10:46 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Did anyone actually watch the man play this year?

He didn't look very good and it was clear by game 8 he was a different player.

So you think another year will have done his body... better?

This is my thought as well.

I think he can still be very productive with better weapons and an OC he can collaborate with easily. 
But the decline in accuracy has certainly begun  - and he's not going to be the Brady-of-old we've grown accustomed to seeing for so long. 

I also don't think this rumor from JFC is credible.

(01-19-2020, 07:36 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(01-19-2020, 12:39 PM)jagman Wrote: Why, once he is out of the Patriots system he will either be an average or below average QB.

I think it's the other way around... I think Tom Brady made that dynasty not belichick not the coaching staff... Without Brady they have no dynasty.... I also think McDaniels is overrated...Brady just changes the offensive play at the line regardless of what McDaniels calls anyways....and then Go back and look at belichick win loss record without Tom Brady.... That guy didn't start winning long term until Brady started playing.... Then again who knows their are a bunch of cheaters... And without cheating they may not have won anything....

When they didn't have Brady they went 10-6 with Matt Cassel.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-20-2020, 12:16 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-19-2020, 07:36 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: I think it's the other way around... I think Tom Brady made that dynasty not belichick not the coaching staff... Without Brady they have no dynasty.... I also think McDaniels is overrated...Brady just changes the offensive play at the line regardless of what McDaniels calls anyways....and then Go back and look at belichick win loss record without Tom Brady.... That guy didn't start winning long term until Brady started playing.... Then again who knows their are a bunch of cheaters... And without cheating they may not have won anything....

Brady also developed into the dominant QB we've all known.
Those first 2-3 seasons were just aiight. They won a lot because of those really good Belichik defenses too. (and cheating)

(01-20-2020, 12:16 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-19-2020, 07:36 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: I think it's the other way around... I think Tom Brady made that dynasty not belichick not the coaching staff... Without Brady they have no dynasty.... I also think McDaniels is overrated...Brady just changes the offensive play at the line regardless of what McDaniels calls anyways....and then Go back and look at belichick win loss record without Tom Brady.... That guy didn't start winning long term until Brady started playing.... Then again who knows their are a bunch of cheaters... And without cheating they may not have won anything....

We went 10-6 with Bortles.  Does that make Marrone a great coach?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(01-20-2020, 02:21 PM)Rico Wrote:
(01-20-2020, 12:16 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: When they didn't have Brady they went 10-6 with Matt Cassel.

We went 10-6 with Bortles.  Does that make Marrone a great coach?

Some would say yes

We went 10-6 because of Ramsey having a Pro Bowl year, Bouye having a better season statistically than Ramsey. Campbell has 14.5 sacks, Yannick over 10 sacks, and Fowler 8 sacks. Fournette over 1,000 yards, Lambo kicking game winners, Telvin Smith as the captain of the defense, Gipson.

Definitely not because of Bortles or Marrone.

He's already hitting average to below average in that current system.  He's a product of it and can't even have consistent success anymore.  He's done and no flags or scandals can help him anymore.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(01-21-2020, 04:27 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: We went 10-6 because of Ramsey having a Pro Bowl year, Bouye having a better season statistically than Ramsey. Campbell has 14.5 sacks, Yannick over 10 sacks, and Fowler 8 sacks. Fournette over 1,000 yards, Lambo kicking game winners, Telvin Smith as the captain of the defense, Gipson.

So it was Todd Wash then...
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-23-2020, 03:46 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-21-2020, 04:27 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: We went 10-6 because of Ramsey having a Pro Bowl year, Bouye having a better season statistically than Ramsey. Campbell has 14.5 sacks, Yannick over 10 sacks, and Fowler 8 sacks. Fournette over 1,000 yards, Lambo kicking game winners, Telvin Smith as the captain of the defense, Gipson.

So it was Todd Wash then...

[Image: giphy.gif]

you clever bastard

(This post was last modified: 02-02-2020, 02:04 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Raiders want Brady

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2861...free-agent

Looks like it is the Chief's conference if they can manage it. They have the new IT young guy at QB. It comes down to how much they can maintain being at the top.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

What a narcissist. A SB commercial? Really?