Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tom Brady may test free agency

ESPN's Adam Schefter confirms free agent Tom Brady is expected to sign with the Buccaneers.
"There's no signing date or announcement officially set up, but Brady is expected to be a Buccaneer," Schefter reported. NFL Network's Ian Rapoport piggybacked with a report that Brady is expected to fetch "roughly" $30 million per season. It's possible there is a mystery team or two, but with the Patriots out of the running and Brady believed to have ruled out the Chargers, the Bucs are the only game in town for the NFL icon. It should become official some time within the next 24 hours, and likely as early as Tuesday evening.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Wow. It will be quite weird seeing him in a Bucs uniform

(03-17-2020, 06:53 PM)High Octane Wrote: ESPN's Adam Schefter confirms free agent Tom Brady is expected to sign with the Buccaneers.
"There's no signing date or announcement officially set up, but Brady is expected to be a Buccaneer," Schefter reported. NFL Network's Ian Rapoport piggybacked with a report that Brady is expected to fetch "roughly" $30 million per season. It's possible there is a mystery team or two, but with the Patriots out of the running and Brady believed to have ruled out the Chargers, the Bucs are the only game in town for the NFL icon. It should become official some time within the next 24 hours, and likely as early as Tuesday evening.

Yep, that offense is going to be ridiculous. I’d be hard pressed not to go to at least 1 bucs game with Brady at the helm. That defense has improved as well, Tampa should be a serious contender with Brady vs mr eat a w.

This could turn out like Manning in his first year in Denver. Just slinging it all over the place.

Another snowbird flocking down to our beloved FL.

Tampa gonna win the SB this year. The SB is played in Tampa also

(03-17-2020, 07:37 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Tampa gonna win the SB this year.  The SB is played in Tampa also
The NFC is loaded. SF NO Minny GB Arizona (much improved) Dallas LA.... not saying they can’t but crowing them in March seems excessive.

So who the Pats getting?

(03-17-2020, 09:22 PM)Haterade Wrote: So who the Pats getting?

Foles

I wonder how long Belichick sticks around. If they can get a halfway decent QB to fill Brady's shoes, Belichick can produce some good seasons. But unless they get stupid lucky again with another QB, I think their playoff runs are over. IMHO, I see him throwing in the towel, at least as coach, within two years. I'm sure Kraft would love to keep him around as GM.

(03-17-2020, 11:11 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I wonder how long Belichick sticks around. If they can get a halfway decent QB to fill Brady's shoes, Belichick can produce some good seasons. But unless they get stupid lucky again with another QB, I think their playoff runs are over. IMHO, I see him throwing in the towel, at least as coach, within two years. I'm sure Kraft would love to keep him around as GM.

Lol, you are kidding right? He had a 11-5 season with freaking Matt Cassel. If he gets a decent QB he will still be in the playoffs every year.

(03-18-2020, 02:26 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(03-17-2020, 11:11 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I wonder how long Belichick sticks around. If they can get a halfway decent QB to fill Brady's shoes, Belichick can produce some good seasons. But unless they get stupid lucky again with another QB, I think their playoff runs are over. IMHO, I see him throwing in the towel, at least as coach, within two years. I'm sure Kraft would love to keep him around as GM.

Lol, you are kidding right? He had a 11-5 season with freaking Matt Cassel. If he gets a decent QB he will still be in the playoffs every year.

That was in a weak sister AFC East.  Bills are good now and Miami is coming.
[Image: giphy.gif]

I'm curious...If 'Belichick went 11-5' with Cassel at QB, who went 11-5 when Cassel was QB with the Cheifs?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(03-18-2020, 06:45 AM)Rico Wrote: I'm curious...If 'Belichick went 11-5' with Cassel at QB, who went 11-5 when Cassel was QB with the Cheifs?

Hank Stram?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 03-18-2020, 07:44 AM by RicoTx.)

(03-18-2020, 07:29 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(03-18-2020, 06:45 AM)Rico Wrote: I'm curious...If 'Belichick went 11-5' with Cassel at QB, who went 11-5 when Cassel was QB with the Cheifs?

Hank Stram?

It just cracks me up that Belichick is a great coach because he went 11-5 with Cassel at quarterback as the reasoning.  They won 4 out of their last five against a VERY weak schedule.  They get blown out at home by the Steelers.  Then beat the 4-12 Seahawks, the 5-11 Raiders, the  9-7 Cardinals, and the 7-9 Bills to MISS the playoffs.  Conversely, Cassel goes 10-5 as starter with the Chiefs and actually MAKES the playoffs.  But somehow the 11-5 season where NE MISSED the playoffs, Belichick was 'the reason' they won with Cassel.

Seems a tad contradictory, no?

(03-18-2020, 07:44 AM)Rico Wrote:
(03-18-2020, 07:29 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Hank Stram?

It just cracks me up that Belichick is a great coach because he went 11-5 with Cassel at quarterback as the reasoning.  They won 4 out of their last five against a VERY weak schedule.  They get blown out at home by the Steelers.  Then beat the 4-12 Seahawks, the 5-11 Raiders, the  9-7 Cardinals, and the 7-9 Bills to MISS the playoffs.  Conversely, Cassel goes 10-5 as starter with the Chiefs and actually MAKES the playoffs.  But somehow the 11-5 season where NE MISSED the playoffs, Belichick was 'the reason' they won with Cassel.

Does any of that even matter though? Hes still the greatest coach in NFL history and a top 3 coach in sports history.

(03-18-2020, 07:51 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(03-18-2020, 07:44 AM)Rico Wrote: It just cracks me up that Belichick is a great coach because he went 11-5 with Cassel at quarterback as the reasoning.  They won 4 out of their last five against a VERY weak schedule.  They get blown out at home by the Steelers.  Then beat the 4-12 Seahawks, the 5-11 Raiders, the  9-7 Cardinals, and the 7-9 Bills to MISS the playoffs.  Conversely, Cassel goes 10-5 as starter with the Chiefs and actually MAKES the playoffs.  But somehow the 11-5 season where NE MISSED the playoffs, Belichick was 'the reason' they won with Cassel.

Does any of that even matter though? Hes still the greatest coach in NFL history and a top 3 coach in sports history.

If you say so.

(03-18-2020, 07:51 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(03-18-2020, 07:44 AM)Rico Wrote: It just cracks me up that Belichick is a great coach because he went 11-5 with Cassel at quarterback as the reasoning.  They won 4 out of their last five against a VERY weak schedule.  They get blown out at home by the Steelers.  Then beat the 4-12 Seahawks, the 5-11 Raiders, the  9-7 Cardinals, and the 7-9 Bills to MISS the playoffs.  Conversely, Cassel goes 10-5 as starter with the Chiefs and actually MAKES the playoffs.  But somehow the 11-5 season where NE MISSED the playoffs, Belichick was 'the reason' they won with Cassel.

As the video recorder starts blinking, opposing headsets malfunctioning and the football is fizzing.

Ninja

Former Jag Will Blackmon is the king of the NFL gif tweet:

https://twitter.com/WillBlackmon/status/...41729?s=20

[Image: 3t2zwx.jpg]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato