Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Why does Todd Wash still have a job?

It looks like they are just saying we did not have the talent to compete and thats the reason for the defensive failures but then that points the finger at Caldwell.  I saw a defense that was ill prepared most weeks.  The league has mostly gotten away from his seattle based scheme because it takes elite talent at core spots to play it properly.  Wash is a Gus Bradley student.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I think he has dirt on Khan or something

(01-19-2020, 02:55 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: It looks like they are just saying we did not have the talent to compete and thats the reason for the defensive failures but then that points the finger at Caldwell.  I saw a defense that was ill prepared most weeks.  The league has mostly gotten away from his seattle based scheme because it takes elite talent at core spots to play it properly.  Wash is a Gus Bradley student.

Wash has a job because he's got some good statistics on his side from years past and Marrone is apparently not convinced that he is more of a problem than a jettisoned #1 CB and 2019 injuries at LB & DT.

I don't agree with the move to retain Wash, but it looks like they will. 
We can only hope that Marrone demands some adjustments to Wash's scheme and we acquire upgrades at nose tackle, ILB, CB, and FS.

Naked pictures of Tony Khan is the only explanation.

"Hey Shad, don't forget about these pics I got from last year's Christmas Party on Kismet. I didn't know an old guy like you could bend that way! And where did you get all those midgets from anyway?"
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

So if you already know we had many injuries on the Defense why would firing your defensive coordinator make sense? Typical fans who think firing everyone is the answer.

(This post was last modified: 01-19-2020, 08:14 PM by MoJagFan.)

(01-19-2020, 08:00 PM)DuvalJag Wrote: So if you already know we had many injuries on the Defense why would firing your defensive coordinator make sense? Typical fans who think firing everyone is the answer.

Because they are chasing and justifying 1 year of success as proof positive they are close. This team is defensively a good pass rush and that is it. The scheme is blah, the talent is blah and the coach makes bad game plans. But hey 2017 you know.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(01-19-2020, 08:00 PM)DuvalJag Wrote: So if you already know we had many injuries on the Defense why would firing your defensive coordinator make sense? Typical fans who think firing everyone is the answer.

Did you even watch out defense play? Injuries was a far less serious problem than Wash's ill conceived playbook.

(01-19-2020, 05:03 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: "Hey Shad, don't forget about these pics I got from last year's Christmas Party on Kismet. I didn't know an old guy like you could bend that way! And where did you get all those midgets from anyway?"

[Image: hfouL.gif]

Because everyone else has enough sense not to take the job.

Wash appears to be this year's Blake Bortles.

(01-19-2020, 10:17 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Wash appears to be this year's Blake Bortles.

You have a crush on him?

Thew best part about this thread is you could change the name of the DC to Saleh. And I am sure this same thread was on the 9ers fan boards last year. Now look at them, lol.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Its mind boggling. He is the reason why we did not make it to the Super Bowl and he has not shown that he can make any type of changes or adjustment if someone has a plan that works against his scheme. It is crazy and they don't speak on and just let the [BLEEP] happen and give no type of explanation.

Khan has been [BLEEP] up man overall

(01-19-2020, 10:44 PM)Dimson Wrote: Thew best part about this thread is you could change the name of the DC to Saleh. And I am sure this same thread was on the 9ers fan boards last year. Now look at them, lol.

Sure, same thing lol

Wash is terrible, I dont know why we kept ANY remnants of the Bradley era around, but keeping Wash is inexcusable. Teams know how to attack us. Same thing every week, no adjustments, barely blitzes, runs the same zone AND worst of all we have Ngakoue and Allen and he cant keep them on the field at the same time? Once Wash is gone he will be lucky to get a D2 gig
JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS
FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES 
ATLANTS BRAVES 

Wash would just tell everyone here that they don't know anything about football.

None of us have ever played the game, or studied tape, or understand the fundamentals of the sport when it comes to assignments and missed gaps....

(This post was last modified: 01-20-2020, 11:01 AM by I am Yoda.)

(01-19-2020, 10:44 PM)Dimson Wrote: Thew best part about this thread is you could change the name of the DC to Saleh. And I am sure this same thread was on the 9ers fan boards last year. Now look at them, lol.

That is a ridiculous hot take.

[Image: giphy.gif]

(01-20-2020, 10:00 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Wash would just tell everyone here that they don't know anything about football.

None of us have ever played the game, or studied tape, or understand the fundamentals of the sport when it comes to assignments and missed gaps....

And he would still stink at his job...
Fix the O-Line!

(01-20-2020, 08:22 AM)FsuClark08 Wrote: Wash is terrible,  I dont know why we kept ANY remnants of the Bradley era around, but keeping Wash is inexcusable. Teams know how to attack us. Same thing every week, no adjustments, barely blitzes, runs the same zone AND worst of all we have Ngakoue and Allen and he cant keep them on the field at the same time? Once Wash is gone he will be lucky to get a D2 gig

Fundamentally, I don't disagree. Though not everything here is accurate. 

Wash, to his credit, did blitz more in 2019. He went from a 19% blitz rate in 2018 to a 28% rate in 2019. That 28% is better than 17 other teams and more than double the rate of Bradley's defense in LA.  (speaking of Bradley remnants, I think we all wish we'd have kept Robert Saleh around, no?) 

I've also seen Wash make some good adjustments at times to shore up a problem.  There were even a few games this year that his defense had a much better second half than the first. 
Unfortunately, this doesn't happen often enough and we've seen him have little to no answers or adjustment for things like crossing routes vs zone, changing coverages  to  end TE vs LB mismatches, and constant misfits from his linebackers. The players' lack of preparedness to fix or defend this stuff and Wash's inability to counter in-game at times is indicting. 

I don't like his zone scheme or how (when) he employs it , and teams absolutely know how to attack the scheme.

Lastly, he did actually have Ngakoue and Allen rushing together on third down a fair amount this season if you watched closely for it and it stands to reason that we'll see that more and more. 

Wash is a very good D-Line coach and will likely find an NFL job doing that VERY easily when he is finally done here.