Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Gardner is going to be on FS1's First Things First Next Week

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2020, 10:07 AM by mal234.)

Gardner is going to be on FS1's First Things next week during Super Bowl Miami Week. I just saw that come across the screen when I glanced at the show this morning. I wonder if he will end up appearing on other shows. I think he might be. A lot of time when people appear on one show like that they will appear on others. Maybe he might be on a show like Undisputed as well.

That's something we can be on the lookout for. Some of these appearances will air when a lot of us are at work, but maybe they will end up on youtube later on. It will be nice watching him giving interviews and getting some positive press for himself and the Jags.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I think Minshew could help Jacksonville a lot. Indy was a small market team before Manning/Luck. If Minshew keeps growing and playing well, Jacksonville may get into the national conversation even more.

I like Minshews personality just as much as I like his play so far. He's GREAT for a small market team.

He's intriguing and people love the guy. Many of my buddies that are nfl fans have told me how lucky we are to have this guy as QB.

He's the Florida Man quarterback for the Florida Man market.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Gardner will be on tomorrow's show. I just saw that information scroll across the screen on today's show. I look forward seeing him on there tomorrow.

(This post was last modified: 01-29-2020, 08:59 AM by mal234.)

I saw Gardner on FIrst Things First this morning. I recorded it on my phone and am trying to upload his segment to youtube. But I think that the uploading will take a long time. Hopefully, I can it get up there some time today. Though, I don't know if that will be before I go to work this morning. Or maybe someone else like their the FTF channel will upload it. Either way I will try and post a link when it's been uploaded.

His segment was a little over 11 minutes long and I thought he came across as charming. Jenna seemed to really like him, lol. Some highlights from his segment were he said that Brandon Linder was kind of "mean" to him at first. He basically said that Brandon wanted him to have his stuff together and speak clearly in the huddle when he was talking. I do remember another teammate of Gardner's saying they were telling him to speak up at first when he first got into the huddle.

He said he had a rule on the RV trip with his buddies that whoever used the bathroom first had to clean it and empty it out. He said they never used the bathroom on the RV and ended up showing in Planet Fitnesses, throughout the trip, lol. And he joked about selling his first mustache from when he was at ECU. He also said that he plans to starting working out in Naples on Monday and that he will be working out there, for 2 1/2 months. He's said he will be busting his behind.

He also ended up saying he regretted saying he was better than the other Rookie QB's. He said he should have been more humbled and that his ego got a bit in the way there. Former Eric Mangini seemed to like that he said that and said he believed that type of attitude would serve Gardner well in the long run. Gardner said that he wants to be the best QB he can be for Jacksonville.

I just watched the segment on youtube, thought he came across really well. He has a very likeable personality, I really hope he's given the proper chance to be the starter during offseason

(01-29-2020, 11:01 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AORmnoLd4K4

I'm glad somebody got the video up. Mine is taking forever to upload, lol.

I really REALLY hope it works out with him.

(01-29-2020, 11:14 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: I really REALLY hope it works out with him.

He IS literally the embodiment of everything that you would envision a Jacksonville QB to be. Hopefully he puts it all together on the field because if he does, we will finally have a true FRANCHISE QB.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Now we have to grow full on beards...damn!

Another one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxal7CDYk7Q
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Minshew is so awesome. Loved the interviews.

This dude is funny as all get out.
So into this guy as our guy.

I'm buying back into the mania.

Another one. Love this guy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FF9JrYTAk0
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(01-29-2020, 05:02 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: Another one. Love this guy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FF9JrYTAk0

Thanks for posting some of these other interviews of him. I am glad he's making the media rounds in Miami and is enjoying himself. I hope he has fun during this Super Bowl Weekend before he gets back to the grind on Monday in Naples.

Heard he’s gonna be in Naples for the next 2 months. Live a little north of there. Would be awesome if he had any meet and greets sometime.

(This post was last modified: 01-30-2020, 04:47 PM by mal234.)

Here is a short clip of Gardner from a Zoo today. Someone on Twitter said he was out there with a film crew. He was interacting with an alligator to try and predict who will win the Super Bowl. The alligator had to choose between two pieces of meat that Gardner threw, one representing the 49ers, one piece representing the Chiefs.

https://twitter.com/YahooSports/status/1...7279154176

(01-30-2020, 04:46 PM)mal234 Wrote: Here is a short clip of Gardner from a Zoo today. Someone on Twitter said he was out there with a film crew. He was interacting with an alligator to try and predict who will win the Super Bowl. The alligator had to choose between two pieces of meat that Gardner threw, one representing the 49ers, one piece representing the Chiefs.  

https://twitter.com/YahooSports/status/1...7279154176

After that, Bortles actually came into the feeding area to serve the gators some ducks.