Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Quietest 1,000 yard season ever

I have been critical about Chark by saying he’s not a true WR1, but he did his thing in 2019. He also did it with a rookie QB, and a hurt Nick Foles. 

WR is still a need, but with another threat on the other side Chark could carve out a solid career. 

There’s only been 5 players in Franchise history to have 1,000+yards receiving

- Jimmy Smith
-Kennan McCardell 
-Allen Robinson
-Allen Hurns
-DJ Chark 

That’s a pretty good group of WRs. Can’t wait to see what Gruden does with Chark.

On a side note, I’m also excited to see what Gruden does with Oliver in the red zone.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-25-2020, 09:38 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I have been critical about Chark by saying he’s not a true WR1, but he did his thing in 2019. He also did it with a rookie QB, and a hurt Nick Foles. 

WR is still a need, but with another threat on the other side Chark could carve out a solid career. 

There’s only been 5 players in Franchise history to have 1,000+yards receiving

- Jimmy Smith
-Kennan McCardell 
-Allen Robinson
-Allen Hurns
-DJ Chark 

That’s a pretty good group of WRs. Can’t wait to see what Gruden does with Chark.

On a side note, I’m also excited to see what Gruden does with Oliver in the red zone.

I mean, if you're sharing space with Thunder and Lightning you aren't a scrub.

Still can’t believe the number of chuckleheads that wrote this kid off

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2020, 12:40 AM by Talented Kalamari.)

I definitely was not a fan of his in 2018.. just goes to show what some 2nd year development and experience in the league can do for you.. he made a fool out of me.

Also it helps to be 6’4 or however tall he is with insane jumping ability

He’s also a burner. He can take the top off. He’s gonna be a problem for defenses in his 3rd season.

Its quiet because so many people are busy chewing their healthy portion of crow.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-26-2020, 12:40 AM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: I definitely was not a fan of his in 2018.. just goes to show what some 2nd year development and experience in the league can do for you.. he made a fool out of me.

Also it helps to be 6’4 or however tall he is with insane jumping ability

Rookies in the NFL are rarely going to be amazing. It usually takes a couple of years before their true potential is seen.

(01-25-2020, 11:49 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Still can’t believe the number of chuckleheads that wrote this kid off

I saw a few chuckleheads do it during this current season.
"we need a true #1" I heard multiple times...

[Image: giphy.gif]

(01-27-2020, 01:25 PM)Kane Wrote:
(01-25-2020, 11:49 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Still can’t believe the number of chuckleheads that wrote this kid off

I saw a few chuckleheads do it during this current season.
"we need a true #1" I heard multiple times...

[Image: giphy.gif]

I think Chark can/will be our #1.

What we really need is a #2 compliment to Chark. The thunder to Chark’s lightning. Someone a bit more consistent than Conley was.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

I have to be honest, I’ve been one of those guys that said he’s not a true WR1.

With a Full offseason for Minshew and with the new offense with Gruden,,,, Chark is poised for a monster year.

I cant believe we've only had 5 players hit 1,000 yards in a season. I know WR hasnt been a strength of ours since Jimmy and Keenan left but QBs have to throw to someone. And 1,000 yards is averaging only 60 a game which shouldnt be overly difficult. Would have thought by sheer accident someone like a Cecil or Reggie or Ernest or Mike Sims or Mike Thomas would have snuck in a 1,000 yard season somewhere along the way. Although maybe Allen Hurns is that guy who snuck in 1,000.

(01-29-2020, 08:58 AM)rfc17 Wrote: I cant believe we've only had 5 players hit 1,000 yards in a season.  I know WR hasnt been a strength of ours since Jimmy and Keenan left but QBs have to throw to someone.  And 1,000 yards is averaging only 60 a game which shouldnt be overly difficult.  Would have thought by sheer accident someone like a Cecil or Reggie or Ernest or Mike Sims or Mike Thomas would have snuck in a 1,000 yard season somewhere along the way.  Although maybe Allen Hurns is that guy who  snuck in 1,000.

For basically forever we've been a run-first team with 'fair-to-middling' at QB. no surprises that we have so few in the 1K club.

I think it’s more of average QBs that we’ve had. Minshew is our first real QB since Brunell. Bottles did have that one good season where we were down 50 by halftime and he had 500 yards by the end of the game.

Chark and Fournette both had seasons to talk about, but things tend to be quiet when you're not winning in Jacksonville.

Minshew may have been ignored completely if it weren't for his story and personality. Look at what happened to him in rookie awards finals (and Allen.)

Not to jinx it, but we haven't had luck with our WRs staying healthy. Hoping this is just the beginning of a long, healthy run for Chark.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(This post was last modified: 01-30-2020, 06:54 PM by Caldrac.)

Interested to see how he'll follow up in 2020 now in Gruden's scheme. Pretty deep WR class too. Wouldn't bother me if they took a WR in RD1 on opening night to compliment him. At any rate. They could potentially find another Chark like receiver on day two and three of the draft.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 01-31-2020, 03:43 AM by JagFanatic24.)

(01-30-2020, 06:54 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Interested to see how he'll follow up in 2020 now in Gruden's scheme. Pretty deep WR class too. Wouldn't bother me if they took a WR in RD1 on opening night to compliment him. At any rate. They could potentially find another Chark like receiver on day two and three of the draft.

I really wanted DK Metcalf last year but I’m glad we got Allen. And I agree I hope they go get somebody to compliment him.

What do you guys think about Westbrook and his future? His best season came in 2018 with 717 yards. In 2019 he had 660 yards and his rookie season he had below 400 yards.

Quietest? he went to the pro bowl! which he didn't even deserve if we are being honest. He didn't play that well the last few games.

He has the potential but needs to improve a bit and be consistent.

(01-31-2020, 08:27 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Quietest? he went to the pro bowl! which he didn't even deserve if we are being honest. He didn't play that well the last few games.

He was hurt the last three games.  There was even talk of putting him on IR.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(01-31-2020, 08:58 AM)Rico Wrote:
(01-31-2020, 08:27 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Quietest? he went to the pro bowl! which he didn't even deserve if we are being honest. He didn't play that well the last few games.

He was hurt the last three games.  There was even talk of putting him on IR.

So surprising to get more classic Raven takes....

Glad I got them blocked but can still see their awful opinions when others quote them  Laughing

(01-31-2020, 10:31 AM)Kane Wrote:
(01-31-2020, 08:58 AM)Rico Wrote: He was hurt the last three games.  There was even talk of putting him on IR.

So surprising to get more classic Raven takes....

Glad I got them blocked but can still see their awful opinions when others quote them  Laughing

Imagine being so weak you have to block someone in a message board lol.