Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Former Jag Donovin Darius Hospitalized

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Damn, what a crazy day.

How the heck did he ingest them after being arrested?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Man that sucks I remember reading Darius had struggled earlier in his life and then turned it around and started doing some kind of motivational speaking, hopefully he can pull himself back up always gave me the impression he was a genuinely good guy.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(01-26-2020, 10:10 PM)Dimson Wrote: How the heck did he ingest them after being arrested?

That's my question. Unless they didn't cuff him and he had pills in his pocket which doesn't add up because you're cuffed and frisked when being arrested.

I think they mean he was hospitalized after he was arrested, and the pills were taken before then.

Hope he is ok

I always liked D.D... hopefully he can pull out the wagon and this will be a wake up call.

What is his financial situation though, because this does scream of desperation.. I do remember the local events (bowling event iirc) he held that y'all used to talk about.. I'm rooting for him. Substance abuse is a [BLEEP].

New info:

Darius was involved in a crash near Kernan Blvd. Sunday morning.
Officers noticed he was disoriented and inquired. He admitted to having taken several pills which turned out to be a sedative/antidepressant.
He was not drunk or taking narcotics, but he admitted to having suicidal thoughts and taking too much of his prescribed medication.

I hope he's getting the help he needs.
By all accounts he's been a very upstanding dude in the Jax community and I've heard nothing but good things about him from friends that know him personally.

My thoughts are with him.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(This post was last modified: 01-27-2020, 02:49 PM by americus 2.0.)

(01-27-2020, 01:05 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: New info:

Officers noticed he was disoriented and inquired. He admitted to having taken several pills which turned out to be a sedative/antidepressant.
He was not drunk or taking narcotics, but he admitted to having suicidal thoughts and taking too much of his prescribed medication.

By all accounts he's been a very upstanding dude in the Jax community and I've heard nothing but good things about him from friends that know him personally.

That makes more sense. I wish people weren't so quick to tweet stuff without having solid information. And sometimes stuff can't be told in 140 characters.

As someone who was in that mindset over a decade ago now, I know the feeling and I hope he can get help.

He was DUI for the prescription drugs, not drunk driving. The charges will probably be dropped since it's a medical/mental condition issue. This is a case where the guy needs help, not punishment.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Darius has always been one of the good guys.  He was one of the few players who actually interacted with the fans on the old message board, and actually hosted an event for the board at a local bowling alley several years ago.  He has been involved on the different Jaguars fan related Facebook groups, and posts periodic videos offering motivational talks.  For him to get to this point is definitely concerning.  Hopefully, this serves as a wakeup call for him, and he gets the help needed to get his life back on track.  I also hope that this is not a situation that will grow progressively worse, caused by years of football and repeated injuries to the brain.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(01-28-2020, 09:24 AM)FBT Wrote:

Darius has always been one of the good guys.  He was one of the few players who actually interacted with the fans on the old message board, and actually hosted an event for the board at a local bowling alley several years ago.  He has been involved on the different Jaguars fan related Facebook groups, and posts periodic videos offering motivational talks.  For him to get to this point is definitely concerning.  Hopefully, this serves as a wakeup call for him, and he gets the help needed to get his life back on track.  I also hope that this is not a situation that will grow progressively worse, caused by years of football and repeated injuries to the brain.

I remember that bowling game. Good dude. DoubleD will always be one of my favorite Jags.

(01-27-2020, 03:09 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: He was DUI for the prescription drugs, not drunk driving. The charges will probably be dropped since it's a medical/mental condition issue. This is a case where the guy needs help, not punishment.

Yeah, the initial report from DiRocco didn't have much in the way of details, so the assumption was that Darius was drunk, and took the pills afterward.  While the reality isn't much better, and it's uncharacteristic of the guy most fans recognized, at least they got the story right finally.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Thanks for the update. I really hope he finds help and happiness to get through this.

Hopefully our well wishes find their way to him.