Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
RIP, Jags02

Sad 

It's with a heavy heart that I have to post this.  Fred Barnes was a major contributor to this board for several years.  He documented his fight with cancer here on the board with periodic updates.  Unfortunately, he finally could fight no more.  RIP, Jags02.  I'm glad you got to attend a home game before you became too ill to travel.  Rest in peace.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

One of our best, for sure, and one of the first posters I can recall that really got into how the cap affected the team almost 20 years ago. Rest in peace, '02.

Rest In Peace, Jags02, Mr. Fred Barnes.

Very sad to hear this.
I'm glad he's not suffering and I hate that we've lost another friend to cancer.
He'll be missed.

This news hits pretty hard. I knew he was working on a few things diet wise. I would check up on him here and there on FB. I dropped FB sometime last year. I regret it a bit now. Thoughts and prayers to his family. He'll be missed.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Wow. Prayers to his family.

RIP, '02. He and I used to have great back-and-forth on the Oehser reader mock drafts when those were around, and I always enjoyed getting his take there and on here.

Ugh, that sucks.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Fred was a good dude. Glad I got a chance to meet him during his visit last year. RIP Jags02, you will be missed!
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(01-28-2020, 09:12 AM)FBT Wrote: It's with a heavy heart that I have to post this.  Fred Barnes was a major contributor to this board for several years.  He documented his fight with cancer here on the board with periodic updates.  Unfortunately, he finally could fight no more.  RIP, Jags02.  I'm glad you got to attend a home game before you became too ill to travel.  Rest in peace.

I had no idea. Absolutely floored.

One of the most respectable posters around here. Very knowledgeable, informative, and passionate about the team. I know it's inevitable that one day I'll have a cap-related question in the future, and wonder why he's not dropping knowledge on our community, and then I'll get sad all over again.

I vote that we hereby retire the teal, boldface font from our posts. That was Jags02's, and we should let him have that honor in perpetuity.

And finally, screw cancer with a rusty buick. Sideways. 

Poop.

Sorry to hear it. He was a good contributor.

I am one of the few who had met Fred prior to his coming here recently. About 10-12 years ago, my friend andI took a vacation to the Pacific NW and flew into Portland. As luck (haha, "luck") would have it, there was a craft beer festival in the city with about 50 breweries represented.

I had contacted Fred through the board PM function and we agreed to meet up at the Festival. He was easy to spot at his height and weight plus we were likely the only two wearing Jaguars shirts that day in Oregon.

Well, you know the rest of the story. We drank too much and had a great time. We walked up the hill to the parking garage where he had left his car and we said our goodbyes. As an aside, I then went across the street to use the facilities in a hotel lobby and fell asleep on a couch. Security hastened my exit at some point.

Good guy.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Wow. I am floored right now. He will be greatly missed.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

WOW!  I knew that he had been battling cancer, but didn't know that he was in that bad of shape.  Cancer really sucks.

RIP

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I met Fred when we both posted on The Sporting News Jaguars message board. We became online friends, I would record Jaguars games and mail the VHS tapes to him. He was a big fan and a good man. He will be missed.

RIP Fred Barnes
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Just saw it on Facebook his wife gave the update this sucks. RIP Fred
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

RIP 02. 

So sad about this loss. 

[BLEEP] Cancer.

Thoughts and prayers for the family.

Oh No!

I'm stunned to see this. He was a great poster. RIP.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Man that hurts. Rest easy Jags02

Thoughts and prayers to his family and loved ones.

Rough start to 2020