Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
RIP, Jags02

RIP 02  Sad

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Damn RIP Jags02. Another board mainstay gone Sad

Hate to hear this, he was one of my favorite. RIP

(01-28-2020, 09:12 AM)FBT Wrote: It's with a heavy heart that I have to post this.  Fred Barnes was a major contributor to this board for several years.  He documented his fight with cancer here on the board with periodic updates.  Unfortunately, he finally could fight no more.  RIP, Jags02.  I'm glad you got to attend a home game before you became too ill to travel.  Rest in peace.

Wow, I did not expect this. Thoughts and prayers for his family. Life goes to fast.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

RIP '02.

Had no idea he was ill. Man this sucks.

RIP Jags02

(01-28-2020, 03:26 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: WOW!  I knew that he had been battling cancer, but didn't know that he was in that bad of shape.  Cancer really sucks.

RIP

Apparently he really declined quickly.  Cancer does suck.  My father-in-law died of the same type of cancer back in 1997.  Not a pretty way to go, but Fred definitely fought to the end.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

RIP.. Will definitely be missed

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

I’m glad he was able to see his beloved jags play when he did!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

I'll just throw this out there: remembering how into mock drafts he was and knowing how much he meant to this forum, is there a way to maybe memorialize him in the College forum somehow?

(01-29-2020, 03:42 PM)TJBender Wrote: I'll just throw this out there: remembering how into mock drafts he was and knowing how much he meant to this forum, is there a way to maybe memorialize him in the College forum somehow?

I'd like to see that happen myself..

Jags02 College Forum or something... or Fred's College Corner.

Very sad news.

Jags02 was a tremendous contributor to the Jaguars Message Board even before I became a member in early 2003. His passion for the Jacksonville Jaguars and knowledge about the team was immense. He was a pleasure to communicate with here. He will be greatly missed. My thoughts and prayers are with the family of Jags02.

Ugh, awful. I had no idea he was ill.

RIp, 02

Sad news indeed. A most respected poster and great fan of the team. My condolences to his family and friends.

RIP Fred (Jags02) Barnes

Cancer Sucks!
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(01-29-2020, 03:42 PM)TJBender Wrote: I'll just throw this out there: remembering how into mock drafts he was and knowing how much he meant to this forum, is there a way to maybe memorialize him in the College forum somehow?

All Cap-related questions should be posted to the Jags02 Cap Corner

outside of Vic, he was the first one around here to really dig deep and clearly explain cap implications, and it's what I'll always remember him for.

So sorry to hear. Rest in Peace.

I had no idea, but then I've been mostly retired for the last two years. Several years ago I knew he had switched jobs, but didn't know he was battling cancer.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

I met Fred last October when he cane back from his trip to Jacksonville. It almost looked like it wouldn't happen but I'm glad I put in the effort. By that time he was already in stage 4 so he didn't have much time left though he seemed optimistic despite this. He will be missed.

Godspeed, Fred.

I never meet jags02,but i talke to him a lot on here,and on a facebok page of mine.   I hope he rest in peace,its sad to lose a friend from the board here. at least he isn't suffering anymore now.  still sad,and he will be missed.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(This post was last modified: 02-01-2020, 10:51 AM by NH3.)

Honestly, I'm behind the eight ball on knowing Jags02 other that knowing him on our message board BUT, theres one thing that keeps resonating in my head. We the posters have somewhat become family. Since I've been posting on our board there's been a few to leave us behind. Even w/o knowing them personally, I've felt the grief of their departure. I Truly Do. All of our times will eventually come and I pray that I touch some of you like some has touched me.

RIH Jags02. Your posts Will Be Truly Missed.

NH3...
"AZANE"

someone menttionted he did get to go to a jags game last season. does anyone know if jags won that game?

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them.