Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Gardner wins Snickers "Hungriest Player of the Year Award"

It's not the most prestigious of the awards but at least he won something lol.

Snickers announced this today ahead of this upcoming Super Bowl. For his win, he was awarded the one of kind Snicker Chain that was passed to different players this year. The chain is worth $75,000. Gardner actually plans to donate the chain to the Movember charity. They will auction it off and use the money to help different issues that affect men.

That's nice that Gardner won and is doing something nice with this award. And who knows maybe this will lead to some sort of advertising opportunity for him with Snickers in the future. Especially if he grows and improves as a player in the league. They do have a new commercial airing, during the Super Bowl, maybe they will put Gardner in something in the future.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/jacksonvi...00909.html

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-28-2020, 08:00 PM)mal234 Wrote: It's not the most prestigious of the awards but at least he won something lol.

Snickers announced this today ahead of this upcoming Super Bowl. For his win, he was awarded the one of kind Snicker Chain that was passed to different players this year. The chain is worth $75,000. Gardner actually plans to donate the chain to the Movember charity. They will auction it off and use the money to help different issues that affect men.

That's nice that Gardner won and is doing something nice with this award. And who knows maybe this will lead to some sort of advertising opportunity for him with Snickers in the future. Especially if he grows and improves as a player in the league. They do have a new commercial airing, during the Super Bowl, maybe they will put Gardner in something in the future.

it is now.

I didn’t think he was going to win.. this is awesome! Don’t think I’d give away the chain though lol. Would be a cool house prop

The legend grows...

(This post was last modified: 01-28-2020, 08:19 PM by mal234.)

(01-28-2020, 08:05 PM)Jags Wrote:
(01-28-2020, 08:00 PM)mal234 Wrote: It's not the most prestigious of the awards but at least he won something lol.

it is now.

The Brand Director of Snickers spoke very well of Gardner. I could see some endorsements opportunities coming in the future. I could definitely see him in a Snicker's Commercial. It's nice he donated, the chain. He could have easily have kept that for himself, especially given it's worth a lot. And he's not making nowhere near as much money as other QB's are including most of the Rookies. He's already making a nice impact with his Philantrophy early, which is a good trait for a quarterback to have. A lot of the good ones get involved in this type of thing.

(01-28-2020, 08:05 PM)Jags Wrote:

it is now.
Hahaha EXACTLY

Good for him, love the cat
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

Can his contract be re-written, not for a higher salary, but for increased incentives? I think it would be a decent gesture on the Jag's part.

(01-28-2020, 08:13 PM)mal234 Wrote:
(01-28-2020, 08:05 PM)Jags Wrote: it is now.

The Brand Director of Snickers spoke very well of Gardner. I could see some endorsements opportunities coming in the future. I could definitely see him in a Snicker's Commercial. It's nice he donated, the chain. He could have easily have kept that for himself, especially given it's worth a lot. And he's not making nowhere near as much money as other QB's are including most of the Rookies. He's already making a nice impact with his Philantrophy early, which is a good trait for a quarterback to have. A lot of the good ones get involved in this type of thing.
I definitely see some endorsements in his future.  He’s got too much charisma and flair not to be selling stuff to us we don’t need. Here’s to hoping he gets a few endorsements.  The kid deserves it.

(01-28-2020, 08:37 PM)3/4 Back Wrote: Can his contract be re-written, not for a higher salary, but for increased incentives? I think it would be a decent gesture on the Jag's part.

Not til year 3, I believe.

Here's some interesting trivia- the family that owns Mars Candy (which includes Snickers) is the 3rd richest family in the United States. Jacqueline Mars and John Mars are worth about 24 billion dollars each, and other family members are also worth billions of dollars each.

In a couple of the interviews that Gardner has done this morning it's being mentioned that he is in Miami "with" Snickers. I wonder if they are sponsoring his trip to Miami, or helping him with that. It looks like he's promoting them to some degree while he's down there which I think is cool.

(01-29-2020, 09:26 AM)mal234 Wrote: In a couple of the interviews that Gardner has done this morning it's being mentioned that he is in Miami "with" Snickers. I wonder if they are sponsoring his trip to Miami, or helping him with that. It looks like he's promoting them to some degree while he's down there which I think is cool.

I thought he was driving an RV across the country.

(01-29-2020, 09:33 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(01-29-2020, 09:26 AM)mal234 Wrote: In a couple of the interviews that Gardner has done this morning it's being mentioned that he is in Miami "with" Snickers. I wonder if they are sponsoring his trip to Miami, or helping him with that. It looks like he's promoting them to some degree while he's down there which I think is cool.

He had returned the RV the other day before he came to Miami. I think that maybe Snickers might be sponsoring him or at least aiding him during this trip in Miami. Maybe he's one of their guests in Miami.

(This post was last modified: 01-29-2020, 09:59 AM by Mikey.)

(01-28-2020, 08:09 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: I didn’t think he was going to win.. this is awesome! Don’t think I’d give away the chain though lol. Would be a cool house prop

I need coffee. Read that as "horse prop" and I immediately envisioned GM showing up to training camp in his workout wardrobe on a Clydesdale with the Snickers Chain around its neck.

That would knock the socks off of any Brinks™ taxi service stunt.

(01-29-2020, 09:33 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

....last I checked Miami was part of the country Tongue

(01-29-2020, 09:57 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(01-28-2020, 08:09 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: I didn’t think he was going to win.. this is awesome! Don’t think I’d give away the chain though lol. Would be a cool house prop

I need coffee. Read that as "horse prop" and I immediately envisioned GM showing up to training camp in his workout wardrobe on a Clydesdale with the Snickers Chain around its neck.

That would knock the socks off of any Brinks™ taxi service stunt.

(01-29-2020, 09:33 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I thought he was driving an RV across the country.

....last I checked Miami was part of the country Tongue

But I thought he was going WEST, not SOUTH.

(01-29-2020, 09:40 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/JohnOehser/status/12...19648?s=20

There isn't a more Jacksonville QB in the NFL. It was like he was born to be our QB.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(01-29-2020, 12:28 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(01-29-2020, 09:40 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/JohnOehser/status/12...19648?s=20

There isn't a more Jacksonville QB in the NFL. It was like he was born to be our QB.

He was on with the guys from Profootballtalk, and he said he thinks the reason the fans in Jacksonville have taken to him so much is because he has "just the right amount of white trashiness" to him.  

Which is right on the money in my opinion.

(01-29-2020, 01:08 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(01-29-2020, 12:28 PM)Dimson Wrote: There isn't a more Jacksonville QB in the NFL. It was like he was born to be our QB.

He was on with the guys from Profootballtalk, and he said he thinks the reason the fans in Jacksonville have taken to him so much is because he has "just the right amount of white trashiness" to him.  

Pretty much embodies the spirit of the city.

(01-29-2020, 01:17 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(01-29-2020, 01:08 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: He was on with the guys from Profootballtalk, and he said he thinks the reason the fans in Jacksonville have taken to him so much is because he has "just the right amount of white trashiness" to him.  

Pretty much embodies the spirit of the city.

It's the source of our pride.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato