Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Herbert

In the highly unlikely scenario that the draft’s second best QB falls to #9, should the Jags draft him?
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-30-2020, 07:36 AM)YTheDogCatcher Wrote: In the highly unlikely scenario that the draft’s second best QB falls to #9, should the Jags draft him?
No...but if he does fall there, they should entertain trade offers from teams wanting to move up.

(01-30-2020, 08:24 AM)PS9 Wrote:
(01-30-2020, 07:36 AM)YTheDogCatcher Wrote: In the highly unlikely scenario that the draft’s second best QB falls to #9, should the Jags draft him?
No...but if he does fall there, they should entertain trade offers from teams wanting to move up.

This

Herbert is the second best QB?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I dont think he falls past the Chargers, and if he does i definitely dont think he makes it past the Panthers

(01-30-2020, 07:36 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: In the highly unlikely scenario that the draft’s second best QB falls to #9, should the Jags draft him?

He's not better than Tua

(01-30-2020, 09:42 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(01-30-2020, 07:36 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: In the highly unlikely scenario that the draft’s second best QB falls to #9, should the Jags draft him?

He's not better than Tua

True, but that doesn't mean he's not second best.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-30-2020, 10:44 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-30-2020, 09:42 AM)JackCity Wrote: He's not better than Tua

It does considering Burrow is QB1

I don't think Marrone and Caldwell can take that risk given that they are on a short leash.  I do like his athleticism and arm and think he's the perfect style of guy that could mesh well with the personnel this team has.  It's not a great pass blocking OL, but he has athleticism to mitigate those weaknesses.  But alas I don't see the Jags taking him.

Why waste a pick on a QB when we have a QB that's better than Herbert? Sheesh.

I don’t think there’s any chance they pick him. Caldwell and Marrone simply aren’t in long-term planning mode at the moment.

They have to win this season to keep their jobs and neither will want to take a chance on another rookie QB.

I was high on Herbert prior to this season. No more.

I wouldn't take any QB with our 9, unless it's using it to move up for Burrow (which isn't happening.)

Otherwise, we've got too much to fix to go after any QB less than Burrow with the first pick.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(01-30-2020, 10:44 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-30-2020, 09:42 AM)JackCity Wrote: He's not better than Tua

Tua will not be Tua very long in the NFL. He’s already coming apart and may not be able to play the first year.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

I also think Herbert is the second best QB in this draft. If he were there at 9 and I was making the pick I would take him. I love what Minshew did last year and I am hoping he continues to develop, but at the same time history shows that theres a bigger chance that he was a flash in the pan rather than our franchise QB. Keep drafting one until you hit big.

(01-31-2020, 08:50 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: I also think Herbert is the second best QB in this draft. If he were there at 9 and I was making the pick I would take him. I love what Minshew did last year and I am hoping he continues to develop, but at the same time history shows that theres a bigger chance that he was a flash in the pan rather than our franchise QB. Keep drafting one until you hit big.

So how do you know if you 'hit it big' if you just keep drafting QBs rather than giving one time to develop?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(01-31-2020, 09:00 AM)Rico Wrote:
(01-31-2020, 08:50 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: I also think Herbert is the second best QB in this draft. If he were there at 9 and I was making the pick I would take him. I love what Minshew did last year and I am hoping he continues to develop, but at the same time history shows that theres a bigger chance that he was a flash in the pan rather than our franchise QB. Keep drafting one until you hit big.

So how do you know if you 'hit it big' if you just keep drafting QBs rather than giving one time to develop?

[Image: giphy.gif]

(01-30-2020, 02:09 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(01-30-2020, 10:44 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: True, but that doesn't mean he's not second best.

It does considering Burrow is QB1

Burrow is a one year wonder. He's not the next great NFL QB.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-31-2020, 09:17 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-30-2020, 02:09 PM)JackCity Wrote: It does considering Burrow is QB1

Burrow is a one year wonder. He's not the next great NFL QB.

That's what I've been saying, and I'll say it again because everyone wants to hear it; Burrow was a good college QB on a very good college team. I see him struggling with NFL game speed. Especially in Cincinnati. I hope he proves me wrong, but I just don't see it.

It's a good strategy to regularly draft QBs - that's how we got Minshew.

But unless there's someone exceptional, maybe wait until the later rounds?

And I'm not sure Herbert is exceptional.

(01-31-2020, 09:28 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-31-2020, 09:17 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Burrow is a one year wonder. He's not the next great NFL QB.

That's what I've been saying, and I'll say it again because everyone wants to hear it; Burrow was a good college QB on a very good college team. I see him struggling with NFL game speed. Especially in Cincinnati. I hope he proves me wrong, but I just don't see it.
Be Careful!

Some of these Burrow truthers will be out to get you!