Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2020 WRs

(02-21-2020, 04:38 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-21-2020, 03:38 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Yea man. Richard Sherman is terrible. Did you see him get beat by Sammy Watkins in the SB?!

Comparing Fulton to Sherman now?  Wow, typical Cleatwood post.  But an older Sherman now going up against one of the faster WRs in the league in man, yep its gonna happen
Missing the point per usual. I'll go slower.

The point is that even the best corners get beat. Not a single corner is flawless. I watched Gilmore get beat BADLY by John Brown. So although you are going to find clips of Fulton getting beat, looking at his full body of work is a better way to evaluate him.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-21-2020, 03:00 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(02-21-2020, 02:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Lol, Fulton getting beat again.  It's becoming a common theme

Except the the vast majority of the time he didn't get beat, so it's less a theme and more just the nature of the position. 

That's why he'd had one of the lowest completion%s against for two seasons in the toughest conference

(02-21-2020, 01:55 PM)enigma Wrote: Being honest here, Ruggs is certainly growing on me more and more - and depending on where we go with #9 and who is available at #20, I'm opening up to the possibility of Ruggs at 20.

Shoot, if he's somehow there in the 2nd round, I'd pull the trigger and draft him.

Dont think I'd go as high as #20 but I'll listen for round 2. Won't be there however
If you consider getting beat the majority of the time when going up against a decent WR the nature of the position I guess.  He couldnt handle Ruggs, Jefferson, or Higgins.  I'm sure some of the better NFL WRs will look pretty good against him. You might like him but I wouldn't touch him in the first.

(This post was last modified: 02-21-2020, 06:08 PM by JackCity.)

(02-21-2020, 04:44 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-21-2020, 03:00 PM)JackCity Wrote: Except the the vast majority of the time he didn't get beat, so it's less a theme and more just the nature of the position. 

That's why he'd had one of the lowest completion%s against for two seasons in the toughest conference

Dont think I'd go as high as #20 but I'll listen for round 2. Won't be there however
If you consider getting beat the majority of the time when going up against a decent WR the nature of the position I guess.  He couldnt handle Ruggs, Jefferson, or Higgins.  I'm sure some of the better NFL WRs will look pretty good against him. You might like him but I wouldn't touch him in the first.

Funny you should mention that as I actually thought he had a super solid game vs Alabama bar the big play. He did well when matched up vs Jeudy  and was able to mirror effectively vs the best route runner in college football.

He's played great against Alabama the last two years, you know , the best group of WRs in the country

(02-21-2020, 04:44 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-21-2020, 03:00 PM)JackCity Wrote: Except the the vast majority of the time he didn't get beat, so it's less a theme and more just the nature of the position. 

Fulton last season: 

https://twitter.com/PFF_Aaron/status/115...93191?s=19

(02-21-2020, 06:14 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(02-21-2020, 04:44 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If you consider getting beat the majority of the time when going up against a decent WR the nature of the position I guess.  He couldnt handle Ruggs, Jefferson, or Higgins.  I'm sure some of the better NFL WRs will look pretty good against him. You might like him but I wouldn't touch him in the first.

Fulton last season: 

[BLEEP], Ruggs had more yards than that on the one play.  I know Jefferson had 1 TD on him at the very least.  That's just off the top of my head without going back to look.  Not even counting the way Higgins did him

(02-21-2020, 06:28 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-21-2020, 06:14 PM)JackCity Wrote: Fulton last season: 

[BLEEP], Ruggs had more yards than that on the one play.  I know Jefferson had 1 TD on him at the very least.  That's just off the top of my head without going back to look.  Not even counting the way Higgins did him

Thats 2018 man.

(This post was last modified: 02-21-2020, 06:42 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(02-21-2020, 06:34 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(02-21-2020, 06:28 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [BLEEP], Ruggs had more yards than that on the one play.  I know Jefferson had 1 TD on him at the very least.  That's just off the top of my head without going back to look.  Not even counting the way Higgins did him

Thats 2018 man.

You said last season.  Its not a good look if you have to pull stats from 2 years ago.  Reminds me of David Amerson

Thats fine if you like him that much. I just hope we pass in the first few rounds. If he is there in the 3rd I would take a look depending who else is available

(This post was last modified: 02-21-2020, 06:49 PM by JackCity.)

(02-21-2020, 06:40 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-21-2020, 06:34 PM)JackCity Wrote: Thats 2018 man.

You said last season.  Its not a good look if you have to pull stats from 2 years ago.  Reminds me of David Amerson

Thats fine if you like him that much.  I just hope we pass in the first few rounds.  If he is there in the 3rd I would take a look depending who else is available

Yeah last season. If I said this season it would mean the season we just had given a new one hasn't started yet. Just illustrating how it's not a consistent theme with him

In two years vs Alabama he gave up 3 catches for around 60 yards. So yeah he didn't play well vs Higgins or Van Jefferson, but was extremely consistent the rest of his career vs high level competition and that matters more to me than individual bad reps or handful of bad games

(This post was last modified: 02-21-2020, 07:00 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(02-21-2020, 06:48 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(02-21-2020, 06:40 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: You said last season.  Its not a good look if you have to pull stats from 2 years ago.  Reminds me of David Amerson

Thats fine if you like him that much.  I just hope we pass in the first few rounds.  If he is there in the 3rd I would take a look depending who else is available

Yeah last season. If I said this season it would mean the season we just had given a new one hasn't started yet.  Just illustrating how it's not a consistent theme with him

In two years vs Alabama he gave up 3 catches for around 60 yards. So yeah he didn't play well vs Higgins or Van Jefferson, but was extremely consistent the rest of his career vs high level competition and that matters more to me than individual bad reps or handful of bad games

Like you said, this season hasnt started yet.  Last season was the 2019 season. Yeah, I'm sure you watched every LSU game and watched him every snap. I've seen enough to know I dont want him in the first.

(02-21-2020, 06:58 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-21-2020, 06:48 PM)JackCity Wrote: Yeah last season. If I said this season it would mean the season we just had given a new one hasn't started yet.  Just illustrating how it's not a consistent theme with him

Like you said, this season hasnt started yet.  Last season was the 2019 season.  Yeah, I'm sure you watched every LSU game and watched him every snap.  I've seen enough to know I dont want him in the first.

It said the date on the tweet too. Summer of 2019 which would rule out it being this year. 

I've watched 9 games of Fulton between the last two seasons so feel pretty secure in my take too.

(02-21-2020, 07:06 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(02-21-2020, 06:58 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Like you said, this season hasnt started yet.  Last season was the 2019 season.  Yeah, I'm sure you watched every LSU game and watched him every snap.  I've seen enough to know I dont want him in the first.

It said the date on the tweet too. Summer of 2019 which would rule out it being this year. 

I've watched 9 games of Fulton between the last two seasons so feel pretty secure in my take too.
Damn you got a good memory.  I couldnt tell you the number of LSU games I've watched.  I'm sure you were keeping a track on Fulton though with you 9 games you watched

(02-21-2020, 07:26 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-21-2020, 07:06 PM)JackCity Wrote: It said the date on the tweet too. Summer of 2019 which would rule out it being this year. 

Damn you got a good memory.  I couldnt tell you the number of LSU games I've watched.  I'm sure you were keeping a track on Fulton though with you 9 games you watched

Not a matter of memory. I try to watch around 5 games for the guys I like in the first two rounds , then around 3 for the rest. 

So for example saw 9 games just focusing on Fulton, then rewatch to focus on Delpit/Queen/any other high level prospects + whatever I saw live so the bigger games like bama/Clemson would be seen multiple times

Depending on if we take OT at 9 I think the dream at 20 is Jones or Ruggs.

(02-21-2020, 09:52 PM)Upper Wrote: Depending on if we take OT at 9 I think the dream at 20 is Jones or Ruggs.

Brown at 9 and Jones at 20 would be very good.

I'm not huge on taking WR in the first. I think our guys will be OK but I also would not be mad at getting Ruggs there at 20. Seen DJack and Tyreek Hill comps on him. Chark and Ruggs with Westbrook and Conley as the 3 and 4 guys would be a very nice WR unit.
Ruggs can line up anywhere though and his speed ridiculous.

I think if the Jets let Robby Anderson go in FA, they'll be targeting Ruggs at 11 though. And even if they don't target him, there are a few teams before 20 that probably will snag him up.
He's likely the 3rd WR taken after Jeudy and Lamb.

Over on the NFL.com draft page, Lance Zierlein has Fulton as CB10 in this draft, which is kind of surprising.

To be fair, he has Okudah with a huge grade, Henderson with a very good grade, and then the next 10 or so CBs are all bunched very close together.

(02-26-2020, 03:27 PM)JagJohn Wrote: Over on the NFL.com draft page, Lance Zierlein has Fulton as CB10 in this draft, which is kind of surprising.

To be fair, he has Okudah with a huge grade, Henderson with a very good grade, and then the next 10 or so CBs are all bunched very close together.

Not sure I'd have him at 10 but it's not really a surprise.  Well, it might be to JackCity

(02-26-2020, 04:57 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-26-2020, 03:27 PM)JagJohn Wrote: Over on the NFL.com draft page, Lance Zierlein has Fulton as CB10 in this draft, which is kind of surprising.

Not sure I'd have him at 10 but it's not really a surprise.  Well, it might be to JackCity

Most big boards have him CB2 or CB3, so it is kind of a surprise.

(02-26-2020, 05:21 PM)JagJohn Wrote:
(02-26-2020, 04:57 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Not sure I'd have him at 10 but it's not really a surprise.  Well, it might be to JackCity

Most big boards have him CB2 or CB3, so it is kind of a surprise.

Where does Daniel Jeremiah have him ranked among corners?

(02-26-2020, 04:57 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

PFF: #2 
Crabbs: #2 
Marino: #2 
Solak: #2 
SI: #2 
CBS: #2 

So not just me who thinks he's #2. Zierlein/DJ are lower on him , but generally he's around a consensus top 3 guy.  

Hopefully he doesn't test horribly

(02-27-2020, 02:44 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(02-26-2020, 04:57 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Not sure I'd have him at 10 but it's not really a surprise.  Well, it might be to JackCity

PFF: #2 
Crabbs: #2 
Marino: #2 
Solak: #2 
SI: #2 
CBS: #2 

So not just me who thinks he's #2. Zierlein/DJ are lower on him , but generally he's around a consensus top 3 guy.  

Hopefully he doesn't test horribly

They have him there because that's where he was at the beginning of the season from his play of 2 years ago and they just never moved him.  If hes good enough it shouldn't really matter to much if he doesn't test that good.