Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Alternate Universes

Alternate universe 1:
In January 2004, President Bush was questioned about the Iraq war dragging on.  He said, "This was out strategy all along. If the war is still going on in November, the people won't want to change Presidents.  Reelecting me is in the national interest, so I'm not going to end the war anytime soon."

Alternate Universe 2:
In January 2012, it was revealed that the IRS sent intimidating letters to conservative PACs, but not to liberal ones.  When asked to respond, Obama said, "we are all going to be better off if I get reelected. I'm directing the IRS to do everything they can to make that happen."
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Alternate Universe 3: Mikesez takes his meds consistently.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-30-2020, 02:45 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Alternate Universe 3: Mikesez takes his meds consistently.

There's reality.

Then there's Mikesez' world.

Don't be Mikesez.

Live in reality.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(01-30-2020, 02:23 PM)mikesez Wrote: Alternate universe 1:
In January 2004, President Bush was questioned about the Iraq war dragging on.  He said, "This was out strategy all along. If the war is still going on in November, the people won't want to change Presidents.  Reelecting me is in the national interest, so I'm not going to end the war anytime soon."

Alternate Universe 2:
In January 2012, it was revealed that the IRS sent intimidating letters to conservative PACs, but not to liberal ones.  When asked to respond, Obama said, "we are all going to be better off if I get reelected. I'm directing the IRS to do everything they can to make that happen."

Bless your heart.

Lol

(This post was last modified: 01-30-2020, 04:50 PM by mikesez.)

Actual universe: Trump risks Russia taking over more of Ukraine in order to plant a negative story about Joe Biden in the press. His staff believe they are breaking the law in the process. When asked about it, Trump lawyer says, "Like all politicians, Mr. Trump believes it's in our public interest to re-elect him. He can't be impeached if he thought he was helping his election chances."

Other than dates and names, how is this actual universe different from either alternate Universe?

(This post was last modified: 01-30-2020, 04:54 PM by Byron LeftTown.)

Change the thread to "Mike's Shower Thoughts"

Confused..................... Laughing
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

WOW.

Our resident liberal is "going off the deep end".

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(01-30-2020, 05:10 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: WOW.

Are you saying what Biden did is bad?
What if he had chosen to run for president in 2016?
What if, right after he did this, he told everyone that he only did it so that he could win his next election?
Then it wouldn't be bad, right? All forgiven?

(01-30-2020, 04:49 PM)mikesez Wrote: Actual universe: Trump risks Russia taking over more of Ukraine in order to plant a negative story about Joe Biden in the press.  His staff believe they are breaking the law in the process. When asked about it, Trump lawyer says, "Like all politicians, Mr. Trump believes it's in our public interest to re-elect him.  He can't be impeached if he thought he was helping his election chances."

Other than dates and names, how is this actual universe different from either alternate Universe?

You're a liar bruh.  Youre not just wrong, your not misunderstood.  Your not pearl clutching asking in good faith.  You're a shameless liar wasting everyone's time with your TDS delusions.

There’s more comedy over here than in the sideline forum.

(This post was last modified: 01-30-2020, 06:15 PM by mikesez.)

(01-30-2020, 06:04 PM)jj82284 Wrote:
(01-30-2020, 04:49 PM)mikesez Wrote: Actual universe: Trump risks Russia taking over more of Ukraine in order to plant a negative story about Joe Biden in the press.  His staff believe they are breaking the law in the process. When asked about it, Trump lawyer says, "Like all politicians, Mr. Trump believes it's in our public interest to re-elect him.  He can't be impeached if he thought he was helping his election chances."

You're a liar bruh.  Youre not just wrong, your not misunderstood.  Your not pearl clutching asking in good faith.  You're a shameless liar wasting everyone's time with your TDS delusions.

If I'm lying, so is ABC News, and Politico, and a lot of other websites.
I'm not offering original journalism. 
Is Ukraine currently in a shooting war with Russia? Are there Russian troops currently on Ukrainian soil, entrenching themselves and fighting? Are you arguing that the current line between Ukrainian troops and Russian troops cannot be moved or stabilized by American money? If our money has no effect on the frontlines,  why are we even giving it in the first place?

(01-30-2020, 06:13 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-30-2020, 06:04 PM)jj82284 Wrote: You're a liar bruh.  Youre not just wrong, your not misunderstood.  Your not pearl clutching asking in good faith.  You're a shameless liar wasting everyone's time with your TDS delusions.

I'm not offering original journalism. 
Is Ukraine currently in a shooting war with Russia? Are there Russian troops currently on Ukrainian soil, entrenching themselves and fighting? Are you arguing that the current line between Ukrainian troops and Russian troops cannot be moved or stabilized by American money? If our money has no effect on the frontlines,  why are we even giving it in the first place?

So the former president makes a pact with ukraine, "disarm and well defend u."  Russia takes Crimea.  We send MREs and blankets.  

Trump takes office we authorize aid javelline missels and every witness testified our policies have strengthened strategic deturance and your going to sit there with a straight face and run this alternative universe crap about a 6 week pause that never affected readiness on the ground?  Like I said you (and your fake news pals) are LIARS.  it's not just getting something wrong, it's purposely misrepresenting the facts to fit your own narrative.  

It's sad really.

(01-30-2020, 05:34 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-30-2020, 05:10 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: WOW.

Are you saying what Biden did is bad?
What if, right after he did this, he told everyone that he only did it so that he could win his next election?

As far as your first question, well yes.  That is in fact a quid-pro-quo or as the democrats originally put it, "bribery".  What President Trump said in the phone call is not near to what this was.

If he chose to run in the 2016 election he wouldn't have had a chance.  The DNC establishment already had Hillary as the chosen one.

The fact of the matter is, he didn't do this to win an election, he did it for money.

Face it, the member of your party did worse than what President Trump did on a PHONE CALL called out by a WHISTLE BLOWER even after the transcripts were released.  This impeachment has nothing to do with the phone call and everything to do with your party losing the last election.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I see nothing has changed on this side of them forum. Lol

My only gripe is that the thread should be called “alternate timelines”.

But carry on.

(01-30-2020, 06:13 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-30-2020, 06:04 PM)jj82284 Wrote: You're a liar bruh.  Youre not just wrong, your not misunderstood.  Your not pearl clutching asking in good faith.  You're a shameless liar wasting everyone's time with your TDS delusions.

Yes.

What's your point?

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(01-30-2020, 09:45 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(01-30-2020, 06:13 PM)mikesez Wrote: If I'm lying, so is ABC News, and Politico, and a lot of other websites.

Yes.

What's your point?

These are not my delusions, then.  The websites I read are the ones with the delusions.  Or maybe they're mostly right, and instead it's the people that you and JJ outsource your thinking to that are the deluded ones.  What are you guys doing? Listening to talk radio? Watching 24 hour news channels?

(01-30-2020, 07:37 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(01-30-2020, 05:34 PM)mikesez Wrote: Are you saying what Biden did is bad?

As far as your first question, well yes.  That is in fact a quid-pro-quo or as the democrats originally put it, "bribery".  What President Trump said in the phone call is not near to what this was.

If he chose to run in the 2016 election he wouldn't have had a chance.  The DNC establishment already had Hillary as the chosen one.

The fact of the matter is, he didn't do this to win an election, he did it for money.

Face it, the member of your party did worse than what President Trump did on a PHONE CALL called out by a WHISTLE BLOWER even after the transcripts were released.  This impeachment has nothing to do with the phone call and everything to do with your party losing the last election.

Amen

(01-30-2020, 09:48 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-30-2020, 09:45 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: Yes.

What's your point?

These are not my delusions, then.  The websites I read are the ones with the delusions.  Or maybe they're mostly right, and instead it's the people that you and JJ outsource your thinking to that are the deluded ones.  What are you guys doing? Listening to talk radio? Watching 24 hour news channels?

Reading the actual transcript of the phone call, and not imagining it says things other than what it says.

But if you are basing your beliefs on the lies ABC News and Politico are spouting, then that explains a lot.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"