Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Calais Campbell wins Walter Payton “Man of the Year” award

(This post was last modified: 02-01-2020, 08:01 PM by Talented Kalamari.)

The Latest: Calais Campbell chosen NFL Man of the Year.

https://sports.yahoo.com/latest-stephon-...--nfl.html

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Sweet!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 02-01-2020, 08:04 PM by mal234.)

I'm glad to hear that. It's nice to see him being recognized for his charitable achievements. And at least the Jags got acknowledged for something at these awards.

That is really awesome! He is a true asset ti this team and community.

Good job!
[Image: giphy.gif]

(This post was last modified: 02-01-2020, 10:59 PM by mal234.)

That was very nice seeing Calais be honored as this year's recipient of this award and watching his acceptance speech. I thought that was a good speech he gave about helping other people and how people can work hard to achieve their dreams. His was the last award of the night for the show, and I thought that was a good way to end the show.

That is a HUGE honor.

(02-02-2020, 07:26 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: That is a HUGE honor for a man who everyone can look up to and respect. If the Jaguars cut Calais for cap room this will only confirm why this franchise has failed to reach any level of consistancy.  His play on the field is only eclisped by his value in the locker room and this community.  His presence in the locker room was one reason the players never gave up under swerling adversity. There is no player that can fill his shoes on the field and off the field to provide a stablizing force that demands the respect of all the players in the lockerroom.  This year a number fo veterans will be cut to make cap room replaced by rookies that need a verteran to teach them how to become a successful player thorough hard work, taking care of their bodies and setting an example for the community and the young fans that love the team. Cutting Calais will have have a fare more eaching affect on this team than just the difference between his play and a rookie. How many times have we heard the importance of veterans in the locker room. Pulling the plug on Calais means lights out for this team in the coming season. He is the face of this franchise and for good reason. 

(02-02-2020, 09:10 AM)dennisp3 Wrote:
(02-02-2020, 07:26 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: That is a HUGE honor for a man who everyone can look up to and respect. If the Jaguars cut Calais for cap room this will only confirm why this franchise has failed to reach any level of consistancy.  His play on the field is only eclisped by his value in the locker room and this community.  His presence in the locker room was one reason the players never gave up under swerling adversity. There is no player that can fill his shoes on the field and off the field to provide a stablizing force that demands the respect of all the players in the lockerroom.  This year a number fo veterans will be cut to make cap room replaced by rookies that need a verteran to teach them how to become a successful player thorough hard work, taking care of their bodies and setting an example for the community and the young fans that love the team. Cutting Calais will have have a fare more eaching affect on this team than just the difference between his play and a rookie. How many times have we heard the importance of veterans in the locker room. Pulling the plug on Calais means lights out for this team in the coming season. He is the face of this franchise and for good reason. 

I didn't write that.

thats great a jag got something in nfl honrs. its also well derserved.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

I was of the belief that he was becoming a cap casualty, don’t get me wrong, I still think he’s on the decline. But he’s a great guy to have in the building. Gonna be a tough decision.

(02-02-2020, 10:08 AM)MikePete54 Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ix5q6GD2S_U

Man, that is cool. For reals. 

He looks like his mother.

Congratulations Calais!
I do hope the current FO understands that even without this well deserved award ...just how important to
the Jaguars you are.
Looking forward to seeing you here in 2020!
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(This post was last modified: 02-02-2020, 03:33 PM by NCJag.)

Don’t Walter Payton MOY recipients get a patch on their uniforms?

Edit: they DO. Current winners get a patch on their jersey they can wear the rest of their careers. The only current ACTIVE players are Brees, Witten, Thomas Davis, and Larry Fitzgerald.

(02-02-2020, 03:32 PM)NCJag Wrote: Don’t Walter Payton MOY recipients get a patch on their uniforms?

Edit: they DO. Current winners get a patch on their jersey they can wear the rest of their careers. The only current ACTIVE players are Brees, Witten, Thomas Davis, JJ Watt and Larry Fitzgerald.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(02-02-2020, 12:08 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: Congratulations Calais!
I do hope the current FO understands that even without this well deserved award ...just how important to
the Jaguars you are.
Looking forward to seeing you here in 2020!

Calais did the Jaguars' organization proud by receiving this well-deserved award. He ranks at the very top of my list when it comes to favorite all-time Jaguars. He may have passed his peak, but can still contribute on the field for at least one more season. The Jags will save money by releasing Dareus, Lee, Swain, Ryan and possibly Bouye. Even if he doesn't re-negotiate, they need to keep him. If he somehow puts together a couple more solid seasons, it wouldn't shock me if this four-time pro-bowler eventually receives strong consideration to enter Canton.

(This post was last modified: 02-03-2020, 02:53 AM by KABD.)

(02-02-2020, 11:15 AM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: I was of the belief that he was becoming a cap casualty, don’t get me wrong, I still think he’s on the decline. But he’s a great guy to have in the building. Gonna be a tough decision.

I feel guilty, but would probably trade him for a late 2nd or early 3rd.  Nothing less than that.

He honestly seems like one of the most genuine good guys I've ever seen in the NFL.

Congrats to Calais Campbell on this well deserved honor! He's been a great/ impactful player on and off the field for a very long time!

I can’t think of a better person playing in the NFL today.

Every time I’ve heard him speak he is full of joy and kindness. It is almost jarring coming from a person his size.

Very happy he is on my team and in our community.

Great player but a classier person. As keep up the good work. Just hope he can start to win with the team again. As really need people like him.
Ready for April Showers, Easter, Spring Fever!