Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Debate 9/26/16 - Trump vs Clinton

talk about the debate here

i think i will watch first 20-30 minutes and turn it off cause the questions are never satisfying for me.  it's scripted to follow a particular dialogue that never digs deep into topics.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Was waiting on Amelia to make it official.

I'm tuning in to see if Hillary makes it through.

I'll wait for the morning after recap of false statements which the usual suspects will make excuses for. Trump is going to lie significantly more than Hillary. Believe me.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Trump supporters will claim a win no matter what happens.

Remember when Romney beat over Obama.

Quote:Trump supporters will claim a win no matter what happens.

And Clinton supporters won't?
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Battleground states are close. The debate tonight is going to be uge.

Quote:Was waiting on Amelia to make it official.

I'm tuning in to see if Hillary makes it through.
I may mute Hillary. I do want to hear how Trump handles the debate. Also looking for more "short circuits" from Hillary. Maybe a handler jump in a time or two.

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2016, 05:10 PM by Kotite.)

Bloomberg is supposedly doing a real time fact check. Of course, Trump apologists won't recognize any fact which gets challenged by that site. Who needs facts when you have a guy who can say anything with conviction even if it's wrong or a lie. It's amazing to me Obama was criticized in his primary debate for being condescending when he said Hillary was likeable enough and Trump can say or do whatever he wants outside of talking about or whipping out his mini me and it will be lapped up with glee. He can say literally anything and his supporters will want do cartwheels.

Only I can defeat ISIS.. but I'm too afraid to show you my tax returns.

Eh... I'll probably wait until tomorrow and catch it on youtube.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I'll skip this one. I've already got an acute case of food poisoning, no need to compound the diarrhea.

Quote:I'll wait for the morning after recap of false statements which the usual suspects will make excuses for. Trump is going to lie significantly more than Hillary. Believe me.

Fruit punch or grape?

Quote:Trump supporters will claim a win no matter what happens.

In the first debate romney was unanimously considered the winner.  Very few people dispute that.  In all his wisdom he decided that was enough to win the presidency so he decided to take the next two debates off and let candy Crowley hand the debate to Barrack Obama.  That doesn't change the fact that he clearly won the first debate.  

Quote:In the first debate romney was unanimously considered the winner. Very few people dispute that. In all his wisdom he decided that was enough to win the presidency so he decided to take the next two debates off and let candy Crowley hand the debate to Barrack Obama. That doesn't change the fact that he clearly won the first debate.

In fairness to Mitt. He prepped for 4 weeks for that first debate. He built a mock podium and stage and he even went to Colorado early to get acclimated to the altitude. He was so sharp in the first debate because he spent weeks mocking it out. I think he didn't have time to be as prepared for the other 2.
“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

Quote:talk about the debate here

i think i will watch first 20-30 minutes and turn it off cause the questions are never satisfying for me.  it's scripted to follow a particular dialogue that never digs deep into topics.

I only wish it was in a true debate format and dealt with specifics, rather than the generic campaign rhetoric we've already heard so many times before.

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

I'm sure the trumpets will consider whoever is the rudest to be the winner..

Quote:In the first debate romney was unanimously considered the winner. Very few people dispute that. In all his wisdom he decided that was enough to win the presidency so he decided to take the next two debates off and let candy Crowley hand the debate to Barrack Obama. That doesn't change the fact that he clearly won the first debate.

Winning the debate does not mean winning the election.

That is all.

Quote:Winning the debate does not mean winning the election.

That is all.

The outcome of this debate is huge. Polling in battleground states is almost at a dead heat. The Clinton camp is very nervous about this one, even building replicas of the debate stage to prep Hillary for an unknown Donald Trump. I'm sure that Mark Cuban death stare will make DJT wilt though.

I was going to start an ***official*** debate thread after figuring out what time it is on, who the moderator is, etc.

Is CBS, ABC, or NBC the best? Does it make a difference? I don't get news channels.

Good ol Mitt, remember him coming to London and criticising their Olympic preparation. Got humiliated by the London Mayor and then the games went on to be considered probably the best ever by most.