Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Democratic Iowa Caucus

Brought to you by the same people who want to run your healthcare!!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

From the impeachment mess to this primary mess.  The only clear winner is President Trump.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 02-04-2020, 11:13 AM by Jagwired.)

Somebody notify damage control central. Pronto.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Democrat turnout was very low while Republican turnout was high.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

OMG --- I watched it unfold on MSNBC last night. So, we essentially have a bunch of old people congregate in gymnasiums and was 4 hours getting headcounts of people supporting each candidate by sitting in sections of the stands. The headcount is done by hand and written on tablet paper. If a certain candidate doesn't get 15% of the vote, his supporters then migrate to their 2nd choice, and the count is done all over again. Only old or unemployed people have time to sit in a gym for 4 hours to get his single vote counted.

[BLEEP] !!! Are we still back in the 1800s ? Someone please notify Iowa we have this thing called software that can actually tally up votes.

(02-04-2020, 11:24 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: OMG --- I watched it unfold on MSNBC last night.  So, we essentially have a bunch of old people congregate in gymnasiums and was 4 hours getting headcounts of people supporting each candidate by sitting in sections of the stands.  The headcount is done by hand and written on tablet paper.  If a certain candidate doesn't get 15% of the vote, his supporters then migrate to their 2nd choice, and the count is done all over again.  Only old or unemployed people have time to sit in a gym for 4 hours to get his single vote counted.

[BLEEP] !!!   Are we still back in the 1800s ?  Someone please notify Iowa we have this thing called software that can actually tally up votes.

It blows my mind that Australia, New Zealand, and Ireland voters have been marking their first, second, and third favorite candidate on paper ballots for decades, and we still have people spend a school night shouting across the gym at the high school just so maybe they can register their second choice.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

From what I read it was definitely a cluster of the highest order. Instead of having all this fancy crap they need to simplify the process. They're making it way too complicated.

I think everything worked as it was designed and they couldn't let the cat out of the bag that Bernie's momentum will carry him all the way to the primary. The DNC is in some deep deep doo-doo right now. Hillary is getting those ankles warmed up for re-entry.

(02-04-2020, 11:52 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I think everything worked as it was designed and they couldn't let the cat out of the bag that Bernie's momentum will carry him all the way to the primary. The DNC is in some deep deep doo-doo right now. Hillary is getting those ankles warmed up for re-entry.

"And we take you now live to Des Moines where the IDP is preparing to announce, after minor technical difficulties the last 4 days, Joe Biden as the winner of the Hawkeye Caucai."
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Firm That Built Iowa Caucus App Is Full of Former Clinton Campaign Staffers

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkou...E1ZBBl6D-4
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

You have to appreciate the irony of the party telling people they should "learn to code" blaming the issues on a coding issue.

You just can't make this stuff up.

Apparently the rules weren't esoteric enough, so they changed them again. The Precinct Captains were given a 2-hour training session explaining the new rules and none of them understood it. So the people telling voters how it works did not themselves know how it works. How can voting be so complicated it can't be learned or explained in 2 hours? This was by design. They aren't even trying to hide it anymore. Got poll results we don't like? We won't release them. Iowa caucus not going our way? Just blow it up. Bloomberg only has one donor? Change the debate rules. Gotta rig a brokered convention because Hillary doesn't want to campaign.

(This post was last modified: 02-04-2020, 01:43 PM by pirkster.)

https://twitter.com/davidaxelrod/status/...8977326081

You really can't make this stuff up...

https://twitter.com/MichaelCoudrey/statu...1107211264
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

This is just Hillary undermining confidence in our elections so she can claim Trump rigged it when she loses again.

I think John Oliver called this a bit ago...
I'll play you in ping pong. 

Finding a winner among Democrat primary candidates is like trying to find a tootsie roll in a septic tank
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

It's the Russians!
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(02-04-2020, 11:19 AM)jagibelieve Wrote: Democrat turnout was very low while Republican turnout was high.

Looking like a bigger rout than 2016 on the horizon.  And the complicit media doing the same false reporting/misleading to their base they did last time - getting them excited for a race they're going to lose again.  Irony is they used the same playbook in their shampeachment coverage, which will also fail.  Their audience is being used, hoping that even in failure it will energize the programmed.  However, in reality indications are it's backfiring, and working in Trump's benefit.

At some point, level headed folks on the left are going to be tired of being lied to by the very ones they love and trust - as long as they're willing to accept that truth.  So far, they've been compliant, complicit, and unwilling to accept the betrayal they've been dealt.

I can't find the direct quote, but someone said the problem with the con, is that you can never give up the secret (or stop doing it.)  That fits so well here.

Their behavior so far proves who the election meddlers truly are (which echoes last year's democrat primary shenanigans as well.)

https://twitter.com/RealSaavedra/status/...5791894528
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Trump winning is good for the media. They know it and will secretly pretend they hate him, but deep down, news rooms are pulling for a Trump victory this year.

Not to mention the drama of the GOP primary in 2024 if Don Jr. decides to throw his hat in the ring against Ted Cruz and Lindsay Graham.

Turns out the DNC suggested the Iowa Democrats should use the app. Also turns out the app was built by Hillary people. Small world.
Were they so incompetent that they built and controlled the means to count and report the votes, but fumbled the chance to paint the tape any way they wished?
-- OR? --
The media is already piling on by saying Iowa should never be allowed to go first again. Maybe this was the whole plan?
I'm sure all the woke Dem candidates really hate spending months pandering to fat white Midwesterners and their disgusting carnival food.
They probably have a legitimate gripe; Iowa tanked most of the POC candidates. I'm including Beto in there since Uncle Joe said Beto was Hispanic.
New Hampshire is also 90% white. It's gotta be a nightmare for the wokesters.
I'm sure the DNC has an answer for New Hampshire also since it's a Bernie stronghold.