Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What would you say to STH package that included London seats?

Okay, so the first time we lost a home game to London, IIRC season tickets stayed at the same (?) price, basically keeping the cost constant, but lowering the contents received from the package. This was at a time that our tickets were at or near the bottom of the league as far as cost per game, something that we all knew was not going to continue, especially with a new owner and a 9-figure investment waiting to return profit.

The selling point of losing the game was that the prices inflated more to the norm of what should be expected for games, and fans, while not happy, did not show up to the stadium with torches and pitchforks.

Years later, here we are, still struggling to sell the stadium full, and another home game is lost to London. Ticket pricing is reduced for season tickets, based on the reduction again to the home schedule. Fans seem a lot angrier now, and some go so far as to say the end of the franchise is near.

All that said to pose this hypothetical:  If your season ticket package was more expensive, but included comparably-located seats (transferrable, so they could be brokered on an official site like stubhub or stubbehubbe, if that is the British equivalent) to the two London games, how would you perceive that package?

You would still have to pay up for travel and accomodations overseas, but if you wished, you would be able to still see 10 games in person, or you could put your seats into a possibly saturated market (realistically, how many people can travel overseas for 7-10 days?) for resale and recoup some of the season ticket expense.

Would you prefer this model to the 6+1 pricing that was proposed yesterday?
Would it change your current mindset as to whether or not you plan to buy or renew next season?
If it was offered as a premium STH package alongside the everyday 6+1 package, would you choose one over the other?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-05-2020, 04:34 PM)Mikey Wrote: Okay, so the first time we lost a home game to London, IIRC season tickets stayed at the same (?) price, basically keeping the cost constant, but lowering the contents received from the package. This was at a time that our tickets were at or near the bottom of the league as far as cost per game, something that we all knew was not going to continue, especially with a new owner and a 9-figure investment waiting to return profit.

The selling point of losing the game was that the prices inflated more to the norm of what should be expected for games, and fans, while not happy, did not show up to the stadium with torches and pitchforks.

Years later, here we are, still struggling to sell the stadium full, and another home game is lost to London. Ticket pricing is reduced for season tickets, based on the reduction again to the home schedule. Fans seem a lot angrier now, and some go so far as to say the end of the franchise is near.

All that said to pose this hypothetical:  If your season ticket package was more expensive, but included comparably-located seats (transferrable, so they could be brokered on an official site like stubhub or stubbehubbe, if that is the British equivalent) to the two London games, how would you perceive that package?

You would still have to pay up for travel and accomodations overseas, but if you wished, you would be able to still see 10 games in person, or you could put your seats into a possibly saturated market (realistically, how many people can travel overseas for 7-10 days?) for resale and recoup some of the season ticket expense.

Would you prefer this model to the 6+1 pricing that was proposed yesterday?
Would it change your current mindset as to whether or not you plan to buy or renew next season?
If it was offered as a premium STH package alongside the everyday 6+1 package, would you choose one over the other?

You only paid for the games they played in Jacksonville.

LOL.  You talk about keeping ticket prices reasonable and then suggest that people could go to the London games if they wanted.  Really?  How is that remotely reasonable?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

If you are that passionate about following the Jaguars, there are more economic ways to do it than count on them selling you an "all-in" package, which you would get hosed on anyway. There are so many other cool things to see in the UK besides Jaguar football. Scotland is freaking amazing.

Are you suggesting that they sell tickets for the London games as part of an 8-game package, with the idea that fans then resell the London tickets to make some money?

(02-05-2020, 06:00 PM)Andy G Wrote: Are you suggesting that they sell tickets for the London games as part of an 8-game package, with the idea that fans then resell the London tickets to make some money?

That’s the only way I see it possible.  I mean, they are “home” games.  Why wouldn’t it be included??? Sure very few would go, but they’d have the option to sell and offset their ST cost for the year.  [BLEEP], if they included them, I may be a buyer for 4 tickets.

Our Season Ticket perks include 1st dibs (pre-sale) to the London games with a 4 ticket maximum purchase. The $$ I made on the Jags-Eagles London game (after the Jags made the playoffs and the Eagles won the SB) was the most I've ever made on the resale of tix in my lifetime. Using the Stubhub UK website was a bit tricky but it worked out great in the long run. London is like a NYC market where the supply & demand are opposite of what we experience here in Jacksonville.

I would say **** ******. If you’re going over there, spend lots of time in the Scottish highlands. Lots of time. If you’re looking to get away from it all in the most amazing place on earth, there can be only one. Take the money you’d otherwise give to khan to help him justify the move and spend it on a week surrounded by green grass, ancient castles and the best alcohol you will ever drink. Ever. Period.

(This post was last modified: 02-05-2020, 08:23 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(02-05-2020, 08:11 PM)TJBender Wrote: I would say **** ******. If you’re going over there, spend lots of time in the Scottish highlands. Lots of time. If you’re looking to get away from it all in the most amazing place on earth, there can be only one. Take the money you’d otherwise give to khan to help him justify the move and spend it on a week surrounded by green grass, ancient castles and the best alcohol you will ever drink. Ever. Period.

I'd have to agree with your statement.  If I were to fly across the Atlantic (which I just did), I'd look to experience the true culture of the Country (or of the UK) than planning my trip around hanging out with NFL fans in a city that is a hybrid of nationalities.

(02-05-2020, 08:23 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(02-05-2020, 08:11 PM)TJBender Wrote: I would say **** ******. If you’re going over there, spend lots of time in the Scottish highlands. Lots of time. If you’re looking to get away from it all in the most amazing place on earth, there can be only one. Take the money you’d otherwise give to khan to help him justify the move and spend it on a week surrounded by green grass, ancient castles and the best alcohol you will ever drink. Ever. Period.

I'd have to agree with your statement.  If I were to fly across the Atlantic (which I just did), I'd look to experience the true culture of the Country (or of the UK) than planning my trip around hanging out with NFL fans in a city that is a hybrid of nationalities.

Yeah, London is a nice place and great to visit if you intend to make it part of a tour of the UK. If all you want to do is see a football game, go to a Jaguars game in Jacksonville (or on the road if you don’t want to support Khan)

(This post was last modified: 02-06-2020, 12:39 AM by Jaguarmeister.)

I bought London tickets the past 2 years specifically to sell. Made a killing on the Eagles game coming off of their super bowl win and our 2017 season with high expectations for us in 2018.

I took a bath on the game last year and ended up selling at a loss. It turns out, the Brits don’t much care for mediocre football either. An all in package would be a horrendous idea if sold as a way for season ticket holders to make some money. Only makes sense if you’re actually gonna go to the games in London. I won’t be buying London tickets this year. Might do it in a similar scenario to the 2018 game, but that’s probably not happening again any time soon.

(02-06-2020, 12:26 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: I bought London tickets the past 2 years specifically to sell.  Made a killing on the Eagles game coming off of their super bowl win and our 2017 season with high expectations for us in 2018.

I took a bath on the game last year and ended up selling at a loss.  It turns out, the Brits don’t much care for mediocre football either.  An all in package would be a horrendous idea if sold as a way for season ticket holders to make some money.  Only makes sense if you’re actually gonna go to the games in London.  I won’t be buying London tickets this year.  Might do it in a similar scenario to the 2018 game, but that’s probably not happening again any time soon.

I read somewhere that there has never been an NFL game in London in which both teams had winning records entering the game.  That certainly doesn't help re-selling tickets in terms of getting a high Return on Investment.

As a UK fan who's had to buy Jaguars tickets from re-sellers at inflated prices (because the Wembley games sell out pretty quick!) I'd be very happy if fans were forced to re-sell their tickets at the price they bought them for.

But I realise that's unrealistic.

(02-06-2020, 12:26 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: I bought London tickets the past 2 years specifically to sell.  Made a killing on the Eagles game coming off of their super bowl win and our 2017 season with high expectations for us in 2018.

I took a bath on the game last year and ended up selling at a loss.  It turns out, the Brits don’t much care for mediocre football either.  An all in package would be a horrendous idea if sold as a way for season ticket holders to make some money.  Only makes sense if you’re actually gonna go to the games in London.  I won’t be buying London tickets this year.  Might do it in a similar scenario to the 2018 game, but that’s probably not happening again any time soon.

Yep, I bought the same Jags vs Eagles tix for ~ $70/each and sold them for $500/each.   I think the big time demand stemmed from Eagles fans traveling out to London after their big SB Victory.

I didn't pull the trigger last year as the prices on stubhub UK were pretty low when I was going to purchase the tix during pre-sale.  Gotta love how there's always tix on stubhub even before they are listed on pre-sale.

2018 was a banner year in the Jags resale market.  2019 sucked.

(02-06-2020, 01:21 PM)Andy G Wrote: As a UK fan who's had to buy Jaguars tickets from re-sellers at inflated prices (because the Wembley games sell out pretty quick!) I'd be very happy if fans were forced to re-sell their tickets at the price they bought them for.

You likely had opportunity to buy at less than face value last year.  It’s a two way street.

(This post was last modified: 02-06-2020, 05:09 PM by JagsorDie.)

It is ridiculous when you consider the price for travel and stay while over there. London is one of the most expensive places to stay. You are probably looking at 1300 in plane tickets and 300 a night in hotel. If you wanted to stay for a week and see both games you would be talking 5-6 grand for you and one other to make the trip. And that’s before the game tickets or eating out.

So yes... **** ******... when I make my trips across the pond, it is not to see the jags play.

(This post was last modified: 02-06-2020, 06:09 PM by Andy G.)

(02-06-2020, 05:00 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(02-06-2020, 01:21 PM)Andy G Wrote: As a UK fan who's had to buy Jaguars tickets from re-sellers at inflated prices (because the Wembley games sell out pretty quick!) I'd be very happy if fans were forced to re-sell their tickets at the price they bought them for.

You likely had opportunity to buy at less than face value last year.  It’s a two way street.

Yeah, but you’re not talking massive saving and at the other end of the scale people are asking stupid money for tickets.  Not really a two way street. Or at least not a very balanced one.

The problem is, it allows touts, who have no intention of going to the game, the chance to buy up tickets purely to make money of fans who genuinely want to go to the games and support their team. That can’t be right, can it?

Or maybe it’s all just business (like the NFL itself) and we shouldn’t complain.

I wouldn't attend a game in London. I might have in previous years, but right now, buying tickets in London would feel like I'm supporting the move to London.

(02-06-2020, 05:37 PM)Andy G Wrote:
(02-06-2020, 05:00 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: You likely had opportunity to buy at less than face value last year.  It’s a two way street.

Yeah, but you’re not talking massive saving and at the other end of the scale people are asking stupid money for tickets.  Not really a two way street. Or at least not a very balanced one.

The problem is, it allows touts, who have no intention of going to the game, the chance to buy up tickets purely to make money of fans who genuinely want to go to the games and support their team.  That can’t be right, can it?

Or maybe it’s all just business (like the NFL itself) and we shouldn’t complain.

You don't have to like it or celebrate it, but the alternative you touched on has much more far reaching negative implications than jacked up prices and I'll leave it at that as I don't want to delve into the political which is where this is probably heading.