Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
“Increasingly Likely” Jaguars Will Franchise DE Yannick Ngakoue

(This post was last modified: 02-27-2020, 10:37 AM by RicoTx.)

(02-27-2020, 09:44 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-27-2020, 09:41 AM)Rico Wrote: Hey, you asked why he would choose Jacksonville.  The answer is pretty simple.
But the Jags (with minimal cap space) would have to outbid everyone for an all-pro DT in their prime.

And?  I just gave you a reason.  THE reason.  You asked for a reason.  You didn't ask about any of the underlying [BLEEP] that would have to happen.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-27-2020, 09:51 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(02-26-2020, 12:12 PM)JagJohn Wrote: But... he's not a troll. At least not by how I understand what a troll is. I have no doubt he believes what he's saying.

He's just wrong. Massively, hillariously, spectacularly wrong.

TMD 2.0

get a distinct taek, dig the heels firmly in the sand regarding your stance, and remind people all day every day of that stand

Memories of junglecat and AJ McCarron.

This from an article by a Seattle journalist. Looking at replacements for Clowney.

One of the things that jumps out from that table almost instantly is that only nine players over the past 38 seasons have had six or more sacks in their age 21 season, and Ngakoue is one of those. His production for his age is extremely impressive. Since sacks became an official stat in 1982, only 17 players have recorded 30 or more sacks before turning 25, and Ngakoue is not just one of them, he’s in the top ten

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2020/2/26/211...ney-fowler

Just imagine if Yan was elite.....

(This post was last modified: 02-27-2020, 02:29 PM by scottyg.)

(02-27-2020, 09:44 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-27-2020, 09:41 AM)Rico Wrote: Hey, you asked why he would choose Jacksonville.  The answer is pretty simple.
But the Jags (with minimal cap space) would have to outbid everyone for an all-pro DT in their prime.

You think Jones is going to cost anyone $22mil a year or more?  Looks like it's a moot point anyway...  PFT is reporting that the Chiefs are going to use the franchise tag on Jones.

(02-27-2020, 10:01 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(02-27-2020, 09:51 AM)Mikey Wrote: TMD 2.0

get a distinct taek, dig the heels firmly in the sand regarding your stance, and remind people all day every day of that stance.
Yeah, TMD clone, but with only about 5% as much intellect. At least that guy could have a halfway intelligent debate in support of his crap position. 
This clown is more on the Ralph Wiggum intellect spectrum. 
On topic:  I still think the Jags could land Yannick long term in the next 9 days with a proper contract.

I laughed.

[Image: VbzgaOs.gif]

I hope they work out a deal but, I agree, his posturing on Twitter is getting rather old.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(02-27-2020, 10:01 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(02-27-2020, 09:51 AM)Mikey Wrote: TMD 2.0

get a distinct taek, dig the heels firmly in the sand regarding your stance, and remind people all day every day of that stance.
Yeah, TMD clone, but with only about 5% as much intellect. At least that guy could have a halfway intelligent debate in support of his crap position. 
On topic:  I still think the Jags could land Yannick long term in the next 9 days with a proper contract.

"You choo choo choose me?"

lulz

(02-27-2020, 01:54 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: This from an article by a Seattle journalist. Looking at replacements for Clowney.

One of the things that jumps out from that table almost instantly is that only nine players over the past 38 seasons have had six or more sacks in their age 21 season, and Ngakoue is one of those. His production for his age is extremely impressive. Since sacks became an official stat in 1982, only 17 players have recorded 30 or more sacks before turning 25, and Ngakoue is not just one of them, he’s in the top ten

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2020/2/26/211...ney-fowler

Just imagine if Yan was elite.....

@Maybe Seattle poaches from a rival and gets a more elite (but older) player@

(02-27-2020, 02:46 PM)Kane Wrote:
(02-27-2020, 10:01 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Yeah, TMD clone, but with only about 5% as much intellect. At least that guy could have a halfway intelligent debate in support of his crap position. 

"You choo choo choose me?"

lulz

"me fail english? That's unpossible!"

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(This post was last modified: 02-28-2020, 02:17 PM by Jagwired.)

With this tweet it is clear that Yan should fully understand the business of applying the tag to him in the absence of him agreeing to a reasonable for both sides, realistic deal.

https://twitter.com/YannickNgakoue/statu...1180108800
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Clown Show said big announcement Monday.

Let's try to move the discussion a bit.
I want to keep him and everything but let's say we offer him a highest paid DE deal but he just doesn't want to play here anymore and knows he'll get the same money from some other team. So he doesn't sign the tag, doesn't sign the contract and just wants to be traded.(not saying that's what he'll do, but let's say this is what happens)

What compensation do you realistically think we can get? Frank Clark compensation?
And which teams do you potentially see interested in trading for him considering they'll have to invest the draft pick(s) plus giving him a huge contract?

(02-29-2020, 07:13 AM)irontrooper83 Wrote: Let's try to move the discussion a bit.
I want to keep him and everything but let's say we offer him a highest paid DE deal but he just doesn't want to play here anymore and knows he'll get the same money from some other team. So he doesn't sign the tag, doesn't sign the contract and just wants to be traded.(not saying that's what he'll do, but let's say this is what happens)

What compensation do you realistically think we can get? Frank Clark compensation?
And which teams do you potentially see interested in trading for him considering they'll have to invest the draft pick(s) plus giving him a huge contract?

Haha no.

Probably a 2nd and a 4th.

(02-29-2020, 07:13 AM)irontrooper83 Wrote: Let's try to move the discussion a bit.

Giants might give up their 2nd which is dang near a 1st. 36th overall

It will be dang near impossible getting any big name free agent to come here. With 2 games in London, the "no state tax" sales pitch is quickly dwindling.

For a team that will need to lend HEAVILY on good drafting and player development, we couldn't have anything worse than the 2 men currently responsible for it.

Shad Khan is literally destroying this franchise.

Smh. I really don't understand how we let all of our potential all pro Jags, that we drafted go on to better team. Ramsey, A.Rob and now Yan but yet sign a mediocre Myles Jack. What is the point, I really feel like Shad is doing it on purpose. It was never our coaches that made us good, it was the players and now we pretty much have 2 players left from one of our best seasons in franchise history in less than 3 years.

You can't even buy a Jersey as fan because the good player might be gone within the next year.

(02-29-2020, 11:27 AM)D-Money Wrote: Smh. I really don't understand how we let all of our potential  all pro Jags, that we drafted go on to better team. Ramsey, A.Rob and now Yan but yet sign a mediocre Myles Jack. What is the point, I really feel like Shad is doing it on purpose. It was never our coaches that made us good, it was the players and now we pretty much have 2 players left from one of our best seasons in franchise history in less than 3 years.

You can't even buy a Jersey as fan because the good player might be gone within the next year.

Ramsey diva'd his way out and we got a haul back in exchange. ARob got a fair offer for a guy coming off an ACL and he went elsewhere (he had nothing to do with 2017 btw). Yan, by all accounts, got a good offer last year but Coughlin rubbed him the wrong way. It's yet to be decided what happens there. The Jack deal was fine, he just isn't a MLB and shouldn't be used as one.

Players from the 2017 team we lost who've done well since:

Ummmm
Uhhhhhh
Hmmmm

Do you care to add to this list?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-29-2020, 11:27 AM)D-Money Wrote: Smh. I really don't understand how we let all of our potential  all pro Jags, that we drafted go on to better team. Ramsey, A.Rob and now Yan but yet sign a mediocre Myles Jack. What is the point, I really feel like Shad is doing it on purpose. It was never our coaches that made us good, it was the players and now we pretty much have 2 players left from one of our best seasons in franchise history in less than 3 years.

Don't forget the Bortles Extension...I't so hard fanning for this team.

He did get a bear tattoo this week so there's that.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(This post was last modified: 02-29-2020, 03:18 PM by D-Money.)

(02-29-2020, 01:22 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

Ramsey diva'd his way out and we got a haul back in exchange. ARob got a fair offer for a guy coming off an ACL and he went elsewhere (he had nothing to do with 2017 btw). Yan, by all accounts, got a good offer last year but Coughlin rubbed him the wrong way. It's yet to be decided what happens there. The Jack deal was fine, he just isn't a MLB and shouldn't be used as one.

Ummmm
Uhhhhhh
Hmmmm

I'm trying to figure out if you guys pay attention to the point being made or you just respond back to just to argue.

We have sucked for a long time. We have picked in the in top 10 for many seasons. We have traded up, traded back, picked qbs, DEs, Offensive lineman ...every different position for years and majority of those players were good in college, supposed to be good NFL players but something didn't work out, rather they become busts, drug addicts, retired early or just didn't work out.
It don't matter what draft picks we got for Ramsey there is no guarantee they will match his production on the field. Same thing with what might happen with Yan.

We have a very successful year in about in 10 years, we were are one half away from making it to the super bowl, where had pretty much had the game won and end up losing. Why would you not bring back the team to make it happen again with the same players? if not that, at least lock up the young players who are producing at a pro bowl level. Make sure you do what you have to make it happen.
Ramsey and Yan could have been locked up to a long term deal but it didn't happen. They make it seem like its easy to replace these types of players. Outside of Jones-Drew, Ramsey was like the only player in the 2000s that I've people with his jersey who weren't fans of the Jags.
I don't know how long you have been a fan but I'm tired of having losing seasons, i figured the front office would as well but the owner nor the coaches have cared anything about the Jags before they got here so they don't care as much as the loyal fan base.

And i'm not talking about what the players have done after they left here. (Even though A Rob is still good and no matter how ya'll hate on Ramsey with analytics or whatever pointless stats yall use, Ramsey will be a pro bowler for a lot of years to come, same with Yan) I could care less about that.
I am talking about what they were doing here as a unit. They were winning!! They gave us hope and it allowed us to be competitive, a feeling of possibly winning the super bowl which is the ultimate goal for fans and players. Not let good players go and get good draft picks in return so we can have discussions about draft prospects. 

A lot of guys act like you don't understand what errors were made by the front office, and what is the process of happening again with Yan. Yall would rather blame the player instead of looking at the patterns.

Ummmm
Uhhhhhh
Hmmmm

That must mean 2016 players drafted by Caldwell on that list.

Ummmm
Uhhhhhh
Hmmmm

"Yan, by all accounts got a good offer last year" 

If by all accounts you mean people who don't understand how contracts work then sure