Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
“Increasingly Likely” Jaguars Will Franchise DE Yannick Ngakoue

(02-26-2020, 12:15 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(02-26-2020, 11:24 AM)Kane Wrote: That poster is one of 2 people I've ever put on ignore.
I still get to laugh at his stupid takes when others quote him but don't feel the need to get dragged into a back and forth with one of the worst trolls this board has ever had.
And we've had some doosies.

I've never  put anyone on ignore, not even J-dub. Just the attention seeking on every Yannick thread has gotten reaaaaal old
JDub.... So hilarious.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

With all the bass ackwards deals this team has done they will have to bite the bullet on Yan's and pay him top dinero's. That is the cost of bad deals, you have to keep making them to make the previous ones look not so bad. This team is in a public relations nightmare and cannot afford to let a draft and developed force walk.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Was listening to the radio a short time ago and they were talking about the news that Yan is apparently looking for $22 mil a year, and for that kind of money (or less), you could probably land Chris Jones.
So they posed the question - would you rather have Chris Jones or Yan? I love Yan, but I would probably lean toward Jones if given the choice.

(02-26-2020, 02:52 PM)scottyg Wrote: Was listening to the radio a short time ago and they were talking about the news that Yan is apparently looking for $22 mil a year, and for that kind of money (or less), you could probably land Chris Jones.  
So they posed the question - would you rather have Chris Jones or Yan?   I love Yan, but I would probably lean toward Jones if given the choice.

It's not even close really, Jones is twice the player Yan is.

(02-26-2020, 02:59 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(02-26-2020, 02:52 PM)scottyg Wrote: Was listening to the radio a short time ago and they were talking about the news that Yan is apparently looking for $22 mil a year, and for that kind of money (or less), you could probably land Chris Jones.  
So they posed the question - would you rather have Chris Jones or Yan?   I love Yan, but I would probably lean toward Jones if given the choice.

Dude, did Yan steal your girl?  Like you use so much baseless hyperbole to hate on the guy.

Lol And why would Chris Jones choose Jacksonville?

(02-26-2020, 04:34 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
Lol And why would Chris Jones choose Jacksonville?

Money?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Isnt Jones a DT why are we comparing him to yan. So whats the top othet DE on the market going to demand. Would you rather have one of Judon, Clowney, Ogbah, Dupree, or gasp Fowler.

Is Yan better than all of them? Maybe and he is homegrown. Probably one of our few draft and develop success stories. Tough situation. I personalky am not a fan of these ludicrous contracts now and th3 stupid greed they seem to inspire.

These igiits in the end game wont know the diff between 15 mil and 20 mil a year. So dumb.

What really sucks when you think about it....

We were begging for a DE after Brackens retired. We went through guys like Reggie Hayward, Brent Hawkins, Brian Iwhu, Bobby McCray, Aaron Kaumpman, Jason Babin, Jason Gildon, etc. etc. Derrick Harvey, Quinten Groves, etc etc.

Then we draft Fowler to finally have hope and then we take a chance on a guy in the 3rd round out of Maryland.

He ends up being better than Fowler so they trade Fowler....He goes on to be 3rd all time in sacks in franchise history. He puts together a double digit sack year. Caused so many FF...and now they don’t wanna pay him. At least what he’s really worth.

It’s bad enough we lost Fowler and then Ramsey. Now it’s gonna be Ngakoue.

(This post was last modified: 02-27-2020, 07:58 AM by iHaunting Raven.)

(02-26-2020, 11:42 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: What really sucks when you think about it....

We were begging for a DE after Brackens retired. We went through guys like Reggie Hayward, Brent Hawkins, Brian Iwhu, Bobby McCray, Aaron Kaumpman, Jason Babin, Jason Gildon, etc. etc. Derrick Harvey, Quinten Groves, etc etc.

Then we draft Fowler to finally have hope and then we take a chance on a guy in the 3rd round out of Maryland.

He ends up being better than Fowler so they trade Fowler....He goes on to be 3rd all time in sacks in franchise history. He puts together a double digit sack year. Caused so many FF...and now they don’t wanna pay him. At least what he’s really worth.

Hayward was actually good but he got hurt.
Iwuh was a LB if I remember correctly
Hawkins was like a 5th rounder lol
McCray was ok in his time here, especially for a 7th round player

We should go after Jones or Fowler (unless he is as crazy as Yan and thinks he deserves anything above 18 million per year, but I doubt he wants to comeback though).

(02-26-2020, 11:42 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: What really sucks when you think about it....

Thank you!! I don't understand the thought process. Its like they like drafting high and picking players that might be good based on there college careers. Yan has proved his worth just pay him!! Work out the contract to where its more of a signing bonus and take a big hit for maybe 2 years at most. There is no negative of locking Yan down at 22 if he wants it. We would have him and Josh Allen and be set for 4 or 5 years, one less position we would have to worry about.

(02-26-2020, 04:44 PM)Rico Wrote:
(02-26-2020, 04:34 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Lol And why would Chris Jones choose Jacksonville?

Money?
So if Jones hits FA, he chooses Jacksonville? A team with an uncertain QB, minimal cap space and no real future at the moment. Oh and let's throw in the fact that he will be taxed twice playing in London, a lame duck HC and GM, and a bad stench around this team after Coughlin left.

Not happening.

(02-27-2020, 09:35 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-26-2020, 04:44 PM)Rico Wrote: Money?
So if Jones hits FA, he chooses Jacksonville? A team with an uncertain QB, minimal cap space and no real future at the moment. Oh and let's throw in the fact that he will be taxed twice playing in London, a lame duck HC and GM, and a bad stench around this team after Coughlin left.

Not happening.

I mean Calais Campbell joined for the money

Not happening.

Malik Jackson and Calais Campbell say 'hello.'
They followed the money straight to Duval County. 

Money talks and that UK tax argument is a non-starter. 
They pay zero state taxes on their other game checks and bonuses. That's still a leg up on most of the league tax-wise.

(02-27-2020, 09:38 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(02-27-2020, 09:35 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: So if Jones hits FA, he chooses Jacksonville? A team with an uncertain QB, minimal cap space and no real future at the moment. Oh and let's throw in the fact that he will be taxed twice playing in London, a lame duck HC and GM, and a bad stench around this team after Coughlin left.

Not happening.

I mean Calais Campbell joined for the money
Fair point.

Glad he did.

Not happening.

Hey, you asked why he would choose Jacksonville.  The answer is pretty simple.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(02-27-2020, 09:41 AM)Rico Wrote:
(02-27-2020, 09:35 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: So if Jones hits FA, he chooses Jacksonville? A team with an uncertain QB, minimal cap space and no real future at the moment. Oh and let's throw in the fact that he will be taxed twice playing in London, a lame duck HC and GM, and a bad stench around this team after Coughlin left.

Not happening.

Hey, you asked why he would choose Jacksonville.  The answer is pretty simple.
But the Jags (with minimal cap space) would have to outbid everyone for an all-pro DT in their prime.

(02-27-2020, 09:34 AM)D-Money Wrote:

Thank you!! I don't understand the thought process. Its like they like drafting high and picking players that might be good based on there college careers. Yan has proved his worth just pay him!! Work out the contract to where its more of a signing bonus and take a big hit for maybe 2 years at most. There is no negative of locking Yan down at 22 if he wants it. We would have him and Josh Allen and be set for 4 or 5 years, one less position we would have to worry about.

I think what's being lost here is that:

1. It's been strongly implied that the initial attempts to lock down Yannick were derailed by Coughlin. 
  2. Everything out of Caldwell's mouth says that locking him down is priority one. 
Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves here in assuming this thing is a certain failure. 
I'd still not be surprised at all if Yan signs a big contract w/ the Jags at some point in the next 9 days.

(02-27-2020, 09:44 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-27-2020, 09:41 AM)Rico Wrote: Hey, you asked why he would choose Jacksonville.  The answer is pretty simple.
But the Jags (with minimal cap space) would have to outbid everyone for an all-pro DT in their prime.

The cap is manageable enough to do it. 

I don't think they will  -- but they could put together a big offer if they felt they needed to do so. 
The draft has some great DTs as does the FA market and their priority has been clearly stated as locking down Yannick. 

I think the Jones debate is moot.

(This post was last modified: 02-27-2020, 09:54 AM by Mikey.)

(02-26-2020, 12:12 PM)JagJohn Wrote:
(02-26-2020, 11:24 AM)Kane Wrote: That poster is one of 2 people I've ever put on ignore.
I still get to laugh at his stupid takes when others quote him but don't feel the need to get dragged into a back and forth with one of the worst trolls this board has ever had.
And we've had some doosies.

But... he's not a troll. At least not by how I understand what a troll is. I have no doubt he believes what he's saying.

He's just wrong. Massively, hillariously, spectacularly wrong.

TMD 2.0

get a distinct taek, dig the heels firmly in the sand regarding your stance, and remind people all day every day of that stance.

(02-26-2020, 02:59 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:

@So Jones is worth 40M per season?@

(02-27-2020, 09:51 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(02-26-2020, 12:12 PM)JagJohn Wrote: But... he's not a troll. At least not by how I understand what a troll is. I have no doubt he believes what he's saying.

He's just wrong. Massively, hillariously, spectacularly wrong.

TMD 2.0

get a distinct taek, dig the heels firmly in the sand regarding your stance, and remind people all day every day of that stance.
Yeah, TMD clone, but with only about 5% as much intellect. At least that guy could have a halfway intelligent debate in support of his crap position. 
This clown is more on the Ralph Wiggum intellect spectrum. 
On topic:  I still think the Jags could land Yannick long term in the next 9 days with a proper contract.