Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
“Increasingly Likely” Jaguars Will Franchise DE Yannick Ngakoue

(02-19-2020, 09:51 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-19-2020, 09:29 AM)FBT Wrote: Agreed.  It seems like some reporter drew the short straw and landed a Jacksonville story, and rather than doing research, he just found an John O column from the website and repurposed it.

Yan had a chance to take $19m per and turned it down.  He and his agent have overvalued him, but there are teams out there flush with cap space that would be more than willing to meet his demands.  The team will get some value for him.  I don't think they'll get a 1st, but if some front office is silly enough to offer that up for him, they should take it and run.  Seems like a package deal with a 2 and possibly a 4 seems more likely.
He's 24. Plays a premium position. Hasn't hit his prime yet and you think they get a 2nd and 4th for him?

The worst case scenario here is starting to happen and yet you can't see the writing on the wall. The Jags finally hit on a pass rusher and now it's "well we will just trade him for a 2nd".... Then next season you will say "pass rusher is one of our top needs. Can't have just Allen."

The problem for the acquiring team is that they not only have to give up the draft pick, they also have to give him a big money contract.   So if they have to give up a first round pick in the deal, that's probably too expensive for the acquiring team.  

I want to keep the guy, because for one thing I'm tired of the rebuilding.  But I wouldn't be heart broken if they trade him for something like a 2nd and a 4th.

Messages In This Thread
RE: “Increasingly Likely” Jaguars Will Franchise DE Yannick Ngakoue - by The Real Marty - 02-20-2020, 07:47 AM