Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Conspiracy Theory Time

I debated on posting this or not. I have read the 12 or so pages of the main thread on this topic. Most of the thoughts shared there I agree with. However, I want to suspend Occam’s razor here and discuss the move of the two homes games to London from a different perspective. 

So there is a growing sentiment, conspiracy theory, call it what you want, that the fix is often in on small market teams. In particular the Jaguars. The argument is easy to see as we rack up the most penalties in the league, have poor calls that affect our ability to win. You all know what I am referring to. Then you have our players that easily get passed up for HOF or rookie of the year awards. It’s easy to see through the years their is a huge negative bias against anything Jaguars. 

We have probably the smallest tv coverage when you check the weekly tv coverage maps. Our fan base is small compared to other well established teams that are also considered small market teams. We don’t have the fan base of say the Steelers or Packers.... 

So here’s my what if, what if Kahn knows the fix is in. He said, winning is our number one goal right now and it’s dumbfounding how that is a priority moving two home games...what if it is? What if continuing to spread our fan base to London gives us that reach the Steelers or Packers have to finally start getting the recognition we deserve? It seems our ability to expand our fan base state side is limited. 

I feel like if anyone was to know the fix is in, it would be an owner privileged to the closed door meetings. Maybe Kahn sees this as our only way of getting the sway we need to start being allowed to win in the NFL. Could be coincidence, but I find it odd that Kahn keeps references our priority to win while also announcing the move. On the surface it seems completely contradictory.  

* I do not fully believe in the conspiracy of the NFL fixes games, but through the years evidence does seem to lean that way for me.*

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Word vomit

The problem with conspiracy theories is that you have to believe a whole bunch of people can keep a bombshell of a secret, and that is very very very unlikely.

Sometimes a greedy owner is just a greedy owner.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(02-06-2020, 12:27 AM)Corriewf Wrote: I debated on posting this or not. I have read the 12 or so pages of the main thread on this topic. Most of the thoughts shared there I agree with. However, I want to suspend Occam’s razor here and discuss the move of the two homes games to London from a different perspective. 

So there is a growing sentiment, conspiracy theory, call it what you want, that the fix is often in on small market teams. In particular the Jaguars. The argument is easy to see as we rack up the most penalties in the league, have poor calls that affect our ability to win. You all know what I am referring to. Then you have our players that easily get passed up for HOF or rookie of the year awards. It’s easy to see through the years their is a huge negative bias against anything Jaguars. 

We have probably the smallest tv coverage when you check the weekly tv coverage maps. Our fan base is small compared to other well established teams that are also considered small market teams. We don’t have the fan base of say the Steelers or Packers.... 

So here’s my what if, what if Kahn knows the fix is in. He said, winning is our number one goal right now and it’s dumbfounding how that is a priority moving two home games...what if it is? What if continuing to spread our fan base to London gives us that reach the Steelers or Packers have to finally start getting the recognition we deserve? It seems our ability to expand our fan base state side is limited. 

I feel like if anyone was to know the fix is in, it would be an owner privileged to the closed door meetings. Maybe Kahn sees this as our only way of getting the sway we need to start being allowed to win in the NFL. Could be coincidence, but I find it odd that Kahn keeps references our priority to win while also announcing the move. On the surface it seems completely contradictory.  

* I do not fully believe in the conspiracy of the NFL fixes games, but through the years evidence does seem to lean that way for me.*

Stop acting like the league is against the poor lil Jaguars. If people don't talk about us it is because this team is hot garbage. 

Remember 2017? did we not reach the SB because of the refs? no, it was because Marrone went conservative. Everyone was talking about this team that year.
Every team gets bad calls all the time it's not just the Jags.
We have the most penalties because this team is poorly coached and have no discipline, and because some of the players suck. We don't win many games for the same reasons.
Our players get passed up for the HOF? LOL. A dude that played 6 seasons and a WR and RB that are lacking on TD stats

(02-06-2020, 12:27 AM)Corriewf Wrote: So here’s my what if, what if Kahn knows the fix is in. He said, winning is our number one goal right now and it’s dumbfounding how that is a priority moving two home games...what if it is? What if continuing to spread our fan base to London gives us that reach the Steelers or Packers have to finally start getting the recognition we deserve? It seems our ability to expand our fan base state side is limited. 

The Jaguars can keep a secret and, if what Curtis says is true, have been doing so for years. The league office, on the other hand, is leakier than a bucket that's been sitting off of Lem Turner long enough for someone to find it.

(02-06-2020, 08:23 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Remember 2017? did we not reach the SB because of the refs? no, it was because Marrone went conservative. Everyone was talking about this team that year.
Every team gets bad calls all the time it's not just the Jags.
We have the most penalties because this team is poorly coached and have no discipline, and because some of the players suck. We don't win many games for the same reasons.
Our players get passed up for the HOF? LOL. A dude that played 6 seasons and a WR and RB that are lacking on TD stats

There was the whole Myles Jack call, though. I agree, we lost because Marrone clenched his family jewels and decided to sit back and hope the game won itself, but that Jack call doesn't happen if it's the Patriots who recover a fumble.

(02-06-2020, 06:43 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: The problem with conspiracy theories is that you have to believe a whole bunch of people can keep a bombshell of a secret, and that is very very very unlikely.

So personally I don’t completely believe the fix is in, BUT it’s not like they are hiding their bias either. The bad calls are not exactly a secret. 

For example: https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2019/6/26/...ampionship

They can hide it in plain site and chalk it up to a mistake. From a financial standpoint the Jaguars offer the smallest amount of fan base to tune in. The Super Bowl is the NFLs big season ending money grab. 

I just find it funny that Kahn says we must win now right after stating the move. Almost in a way that suggest we have to move our games to win.

(02-06-2020, 06:59 AM)hb1148 Wrote: Sometimes a greedy owner is just a greedy owner.

And sometimes a Khan is a con.

There’s been reports of moving since before Khans time here. If it happens it happens. I don’t want them to move. But, I’d still be a fan if 2 games went away. If the trend continues, I’ll still be a fan until they are no longer affiliated with Jacksonville. After that, good riddance. It is what it is.

I get zero “imminent move” vibes from this development.

I simply get “money grab” vibes.

I think Khan is sincere about the potential for developing the riverfront near the stadium into something special. But I think he knows it’s going to be a long process, and his desire for profit won’t wait.

(02-06-2020, 08:53 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I get zero “imminent move” vibes from this development.

I simply get “money grab” vibes.

I think Khan is sincere about the potential for developing the riverfront near the stadium into something special. But I think he knows it’s going to be a long process, and his desire for profit won’t wait.

Me too, but the mixed signals and timing kind of stinks. As Lamping (I think) mentioned before, using more of Khan's money to improve the stadium and lot J means less they have to rely on the city, which we all know is miserly and dysfunctional. The money is in London and he's willing to poach a couple of games to raise additional funds for that cause. That's my take on it, at least.

I think Khan could have been an icon here in Jax if he would have just stuck with it and focused 100% on developing a winning product.

But he got a little impatient, and even though he gave it a chance the first couple of years, he realized the winning thing takes way too long to keep him engaged the way he wanted

Just from my observation, his personality is just that he wants to constantly keep things going and moving, it’s how he made tons of money, but he looks like a total n00b owner and he’s going in all sorts of directions to keep himself interested cus the team sux, but unfortunately that business approach doesn’t necessarily apply when it comes to trying to build a winning football team.

I’m with the poster above , I’ll enjoy them while the Jags are still here. If they pack up and leave 5 years from now, then bye Felicia. Life goes on, been a crappy ride these last few years but there were some fun moments at least

The simplest answer is cash grab and it’s probably the right one. Though financially it’s not THAT much of a draw.

But sometimes I like to entertain a little bit of crazy. That little bit of crazy is telling me there is something more to the coincidence of connecting the need to win and moving these two home games. Also the timing is right after Kahn returns from the super bowl.

I think it’s quite possible Kahn thinks we can’t win until our market share (fan base) increases. You can’t do that in such a small market as Jacksonville, especially losing. So quick fix, make the Jags a quasi London team.

It’s hard to be a fan and not see we are the black sheep of the NFL.

First off Professional Football is entertainment. It is not a sport. It is only a sport when the dramatic music is playing and people are at the field. The fix has always been in and it will continue to be. Odd things do happen occasionally but over a 16 game season the owners get what they want. These 32 guys will never discuss this, take a look at who they are. Yea like they are gonna spoil the party. When I was young my grandmother watched professional wrestling and everyone swore it was real.....we now know it isn't. This is the same deal, Normally they can get what they want decreetly, but if not little difference. Two years ago they wanted the #1 and #2 TV markets in the super bowl. (sorry Saints)
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(02-11-2020, 08:45 PM)Jag149 Wrote: First off Professional Football is entertainment. It is not a sport. It is only a sport when the dramatic music is playing and people are at the field. The fix has always been in and it will continue to be. Odd things do happen occasionally but over a 16 game season the owners get what they want. These 32 guys will never discuss this, take a look at who they are. Yea like they are gonna spoil the party. When I was young my grandmother watched professional wrestling and everyone swore it was real.....we now know it isn't.  This is the same deal,  Normally they can get what they want decreetly, but if not little difference. Two years ago they wanted the #1 and #2 TV markets in the super bowl. (sorry Saints)

Because Super Bowl viewership so largely depends on the size of the individual participating teams' TV market?

(This post was last modified: 02-12-2020, 09:46 AM by Corriewf.)

(02-12-2020, 05:53 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(02-11-2020, 08:45 PM)Jag149 Wrote: First off Professional Football is entertainment. It is not a sport. It is only a sport when the dramatic music is playing and people are at the field. The fix has always been in and it will continue to be. Odd things do happen occasionally but over a 16 game season the owners get what they want. These 32 guys will never discuss this, take a look at who they are. Yea like they are gonna spoil the party. When I was young my grandmother watched professional wrestling and everyone swore it was real.....we now know it isn't.  This is the same deal,  Normally they can get what they want decreetly, but if not little difference. Two years ago they wanted the #1 and #2 TV markets in the super bowl. (sorry Saints)

Because Super Bowl viewership so largely depends on the size of the individual participating teams' TV market?

Absolutely it does. 

https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/super-b...c-fox-abc/

Additionally all the retail merch sales after the game depends on individual team market shares. How many Mahomes jerseys were sold after this recent Super Bowl? You don’t think they are tracking that? 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2228...amatically

Now ask yourself why Murray was picked over Minshew for ROTY. Fan base size + hype = merch sales. Smaller fan base - less merch....less viewers. 

I’m not saying the NFL is fixing games but the motive is there!

So, Kansas City is a big market, so they get calls their way.

Sorry, had to put that one out there. Granted, I'm probably the least likely poster to buy in on conspiracy theories, but this one doesn't really do it for me.

Also, we DID lose that game in Foxboro pretty much fair and square.

(02-12-2020, 11:57 AM)anonymous2112 Wrote: Also, we DID lose that game in Foxboro pretty much fair and square.

[Image: smiling-ref.jpg]
Fair and square?

#MylesJackWasntDown

(This post was last modified: 02-12-2020, 12:22 PM by Jaguarmeister.)

(02-06-2020, 06:43 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: The problem with conspiracy theories is that you have to believe a whole bunch of people can keep a bombshell of a secret, and that is very very very unlikely.

Ding ding ding ding ding.  

I think it’s far more likely (though far from certain) that Khan may have foreknowledge of the players union being agreeable to a 17 or 18 game regular season and that we wind up essentially getting that home game back this year or next.

(02-12-2020, 11:57 AM)anonymous2112 Wrote: So, Kansas City is a big market, so they get calls their way.

Sorry, had to put that one out there. Granted, I'm probably the least likely poster to buy in on conspiracy theories, but this one doesn't really do it for me.

Also, we DID lose that game in Foxboro pretty much fair and square.

Well at least i have a better understanding of why the NFL could care less what the refs do with fan comments like these.  Fair and square is a blatant slap in the face.  Just forget the rules of football and do whatever you want.  Now as far as KC being a big market, ill shed a little light since you apparently are in the dark.  Andy Reid, Pat mahomes, Travis Kelce, Chris Jones.  I mean, They have the best or 2nd best TE in the league, the young and top 3 best QB in the league at his age, one of the winningest coaches in the sport and you post your thoughts in debate fashion.  SMH.  Pay attention or leave the class.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.