Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Pre combine tier board

(This post was last modified: 02-19-2020, 04:41 PM by JackCity.)

Made up a tier board to try illustrate what I think of the depth of class this year. Only included players I feel I've watched enough of and feel should be taken in the first 4 rounds or so, more names will be added as the weeks go on, combine may also change some tiers but tier 1 should stay the same. 

Tier 1 - potential all pros 
Tier 2 - above average starters
Tier 3 - solid starters 

[Image: 6KRgvpx.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Nice initial list. Differences for me:

Kinlaw- Tier 1
Blacklock, Madubuike- Tier 2

Wills- Tier 1

Reager- Tier 2
Hamler- Tier 2

(02-19-2020, 05:44 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Nice initial list. Differences for me:

Kinlaw- Tier 1
Blacklock, Madubuike- Tier 2

Wills- Tier 1

Reager- Tier 2
Hamler- Tier 2
Huge Blacklock fan also so I don't hate that. Just think theres a tier difference between him and Kinlaw and another one between Kinlaw and Brown. 
Hamler I haven't watched enough of yet but not really a fan so far

Not a Patrick Queen fan huh?

(02-19-2020, 06:34 PM)JagJohn Wrote: Not a Patrick Queen fan huh?

No, he should be at most tier 3 once im finished his eval

Don't agree with Fulton being a potential all pro.

Guy gets torched far too often to be considered a top tier talent in CFB - the only thing making people perceive him as such is the hype.

(This post was last modified: 02-19-2020, 07:23 PM by JackCity.)

(02-19-2020, 06:47 PM)enigma Wrote: Don't agree with Fulton being a potential all pro.

Guy gets torched far too often to be considered a top tier talent in CFB - the only thing making people perceive him as such is the hype.

Outside of Clemson which games did you see him get torched in the last two years.

He's been a shutdown corner in SEC play two seasons in a row so it's not just "hype" for me

(This post was last modified: 02-19-2020, 09:20 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(02-19-2020, 07:22 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(02-19-2020, 06:47 PM)enigma Wrote: Don't agree with Fulton being a potential all pro.

Outside of Clemson which games did you see him get torched in the last two years.

He's been a shutdown corner in SEC play two seasons in a row so it's not just "hype" for me
The Florida game

Not a bad list but Kinlaw should be in tier 1 and Queen should be in tier 2 and Fulton tier 2 at best. The biggest changes I'd make

(02-19-2020, 09:19 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-19-2020, 07:22 PM)JackCity Wrote: Outside of Clemson which games did you see him get torched in the last two years.

The Florida game

Not a bad list but Kinlaw should be in tier 1 and Queen should be in tier 2 and Fulton tier 2 at best.  The biggest changes I'd make
Fair.

Yeah most folks I've shown the board agree with you on Kinlaw and Queen . I just won't be able to ever see queen like that with how little high level play there is to go off , happy to be wrong on that player. 

I've thought about making more tiers because guys like Okudah/Young are really in their own seperate tier to everyone + someone like Kinlaw is at the higher end of tier 2

Not saying you or people on this board but Tyler Biadasz has became one of the most underrated players in this draft imo. Some mocks I have seen have him going in the 3rd or 4th round. I honestly would be ok if we drafted him in the 2nd and moved Linder back to RG. Biadasz dominated at the college level and good size for a center.

(02-19-2020, 10:08 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Not saying you or people on this board but Tyler Biadasz has became one of the most underrated players in this draft imo.  Some mocks I have seen have him going in the 3rd or 4th round.  I honestly would be ok if we drafted him in the 2nd and moved Linder back to RG.  Biadasz dominated at the college level and good size for a center.

Still a top 50 pick imo. Easily iOL#1

(This post was last modified: 02-20-2020, 12:01 AM by Upper.)

I honestly haven't seen a draftnik say a single good thing about Biadasz so far.

This is Brugler's response to a comment about Biadasz being left off his top 10 IOL list:

Dane Brugler
@Carter Z. He graded out much lower (Early day 3). And the feedback I received from NFL teams is closer to my ranking than many in the media. Direct quote from a scout: "How is media still talking about the Wisconsin kid in the 2nd round?"

He played below average on the better competition he faced in 2019 (Both Ohio State tapes, Michigan, Michigan State)

(02-19-2020, 11:59 PM)Upper Wrote: I honestly haven't seen a draftnik say a single good thing about Biadasz so far.

This is Brugler's response to a comment about Biadasz being left off his top 10 IOL list:

Dane Brugler
@Carter Z. He graded out much lower (Early day 3). And the feedback I received from NFL teams is closer to my ranking than many in the media. Direct quote from a scout: "How is media still talking about the Wisconsin kid in the 2nd round?"

He played below average on the better competition he faced in 2019 (Both Ohio State tapes, Michigan, Michigan State)

Yeah the big draft people have been pretty definitive on that. 

Not expecting him to test well either but still rate everything else a ton

(02-19-2020, 07:22 PM)JackCity Wrote:

That NCG scared me, though. Was he playing safe to avoid injury ahead of the darft? I hadn't watched enough of him to form a definitive opinion, but it absolutely gave me pause.

Occasionally I'll see someone rank Cushenberry as IOL1, but it's almost always Ruiz now.

(02-19-2020, 11:59 PM)Upper Wrote: I honestly haven't seen a draftnik say a single good thing about Biadasz so far.

Dane Brugler

Who cares what they think, they are wrong a lot.  Sometimes I fell those guys piggy back off of each other when one has an opinion on a player.  I dont watch a a ton of Wis games but the ones a have seen the last couple years he looked pretty dominant.  He also won the award for the best center in college which is pretty good company.  What is your opinion of him?

The Biadasz situation reminds me of a Mike Brewster redux. The draftniks and the scouts kept telling everyone he wasn't that good but the media and fans kept screaming that he was dominant and won awards. Not saying he'll go undrafted like Brewster did, but day 3 sounds possible if not probable and the disconnect sounds pretty similar.

I have an 11 month old baby I did not and will not get to watch nearly as much of these players as I normally do, unfortunately. That means I'll be leaning on the guys I trust more than normal this year. None of them like Biadasz.

(This post was last modified: 02-20-2020, 12:13 PM by JackCity.)

Allowed 5 pressures all year and was great in the run game as per. Literally been one of the best interior players in the country for 3 seasons now.

I think he showed more flaws this year, had a handful of nasty plays where he was dominated with power which look ugly to scouts but the overall package is still there and unless he tanks the combine he'll remain my iOL #1 with how consistently strong his tape is.

I think PFF still have him top 40/50 on their board too

(02-20-2020, 10:22 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(02-19-2020, 07:22 PM)JackCity Wrote: Outside of Clemson which games did you see him get torched in the last two years.

That NCG scared me, though. Was he playing safe to avoid injury ahead of the darft? I hadn't watched enough of him to form a definitive opinion, but it absolutely gave me pause.

1 or 2 game samples vs consistently good performances in the rest do nothing for me. People just tend to overrate good and bad performances in the later stages of the seasons

(02-20-2020, 12:11 PM)JackCity Wrote: Allowed 5 pressures all year and was great in the run game as per. Literally been one of the best interior players in the country for 3 seasons now.

I think he showed more flaws this year, had a handful of nasty plays where he was dominated with power which look ugly to scouts but the overall package is still there and unless he tanks the combine he'll remain my iOL #1 with how consistently strong his tape is.

(02-20-2020, 10:22 AM)Mikey Wrote: That NCG scared me, though. Was he playing safe to avoid injury ahead of the darft? I hadn't watched enough of him to form a definitive opinion, but it absolutely gave me pause.

1 or 2 game samples vs consistently good performances in the rest do nothing for me. People just tend to overrate good and bad performances in the later stages of the seasons
Which games were the plays where he got dominated in?  Gonna go check them out

(This post was last modified: 02-20-2020, 12:47 PM by JackCity.)

(02-20-2020, 12:37 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-20-2020, 12:11 PM)JackCity Wrote: Allowed 5 pressures all year and was great in the run game as per. Literally been one of the best interior players in the country for 3 seasons now.

Which games were the plays where he got dominated in?  Gonna go check them out

Ohio State and Oregon had some bad losses on the inside