Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(07-14-2020, 10:57 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-14-2020, 08:43 PM)lastonealive Wrote: So it's not that they are declaring negative tests to be positive, they just haven't been reporting negative tests?

Not really that big a deal apart from distorting testing rate and productivity percentage? The number of cases is unchanged.

This week's Alarmist Statisic is Positivity Rate. Florida is up from a consistent ~10% rate the last 3 months to 14 to 18% depending on the reporting source. Hence why we are reported to be a hotspot of the virus. Except that news report states that a significant number of false positives are intermingled and they arent reporting negative results which means what? That the Positivity Rate alarmism is so much fake news.

Yeah but there is no stat that would ever persuade you anyway, so i'm not sure why you bother following them. 

Trump and Pence alarmists for wearing masks? or did AOC and CNN make them?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Fake numbers out of Florida....wow...that's never happened before....

Florida is the new Wuhan.

(07-14-2020, 11:48 PM)lastonealive Wrote:
(07-14-2020, 10:57 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: This week's Alarmist Statisic is Positivity Rate. Florida is up from a consistent ~10% rate the last 3 months to 14 to 18% depending on the reporting source. Hence why we are reported to be a hotspot of the virus. Except that news report states that a significant number of false positives are intermingled and they arent reporting negative results which means what? That the Positivity Rate alarmism is so much fake news.

Yeah but there is no stat that would ever persuade you anyway, so i'm not sure why you bother following them. 

It's part of my job to follow them. It also seems it's my job to keep hitting you with facts for you to ignore. Trump wore a mask at Walter Reed as he should've and he gets criticized for doing so. Typical.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(07-14-2020, 09:25 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(07-14-2020, 09:22 PM)Sneakers Wrote: At this point, there isn't a single medical or government source I trust to provide factually accurate information, nor is there any news network I trust to report said information without political bias, or an attempt to distort or spin.

So where does that leave us? I was once asked how I got my information when posting something similar to you. Good old fashioned gut instincts and common sense are all we have to guide us in these crazy times.

Add the numbers reported by the Democrats to the numbers reported by the Republicans and divide by two?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(07-14-2020, 10:57 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-14-2020, 08:43 PM)lastonealive Wrote: So it's not that they are declaring negative tests to be positive, they just haven't been reporting negative tests?

Not really that big a deal apart from distorting testing rate and productivity percentage? The number of cases is unchanged.

This week's Alarmist Statisic is Positivity Rate. Florida is up from a consistent ~10% rate the last 3 months to 14 to 18% depending on the reporting source. Hence why we are reported to be a hotspot of the virus. Except that news report states that a significant number of false positives are intermingled and they arent reporting negative results which means what? That the Positivity Rate alarmism is so much fake news.

This is incorrect.

The numbers are readily available from the FL DOH. They do report negative tests. The positivity rate is accurate. 

Second page of this pdf spells it out and it's updated every day. 

http://ww11.doh.state.fl.us/comm/_partne...latest.pdf

The positivity rate in FL is alarming, it should be alarming, and it is absolutely not fake, nor is it "news." It's reality. 

Soon we won't get to see these alarming numbers anymore as Trump and various governors seek to hide them from the public so there is less backlash to school reopenings. 

If any politician of any persuasion is seeking to deny you access to vital information concerning public health and wellbeing then we all should be - wait for it  - alarmed.

Jacksonville chosen for free surge testing.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(07-15-2020, 10:37 AM)JackCity Wrote: https://twitter.com/nmeyersohn/status/12...59554?s=19

Is that to prevent the spread of coronavirus, or is it an attempt to make shopping there easier on the eyes?

(07-15-2020, 06:48 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-14-2020, 11:48 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Yeah but there is no stat that would ever persuade you anyway, so i'm not sure why you bother following them. 

It's part of my job to follow them. It also seems it's my job to keep hitting you with facts for you to ignore. Trump wore a mask at Walter Reed as he should've and he gets criticized for doing so. Typical.

He wasn't criticized for wearing a mask, he was criticized for not wearing one until that visit to Walter Reed, and only then because of optics. That may or may not be true, though I'm certain you'll take him at his word.

He doesn't require masks in the White House.
- Bob Marley

(07-15-2020, 01:07 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(07-15-2020, 10:37 AM)JackCity Wrote: https://twitter.com/nmeyersohn/status/12...59554?s=19

Is that to prevent the spread of coronavirus, or is it an attempt to make shopping there easier on the eyes?

I encourage anyone mocking the physical appearance of Walmart shoppers to post pictures of themselves.
- Bob Marley

(07-15-2020, 11:54 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(07-14-2020, 10:57 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: This week's Alarmist Statisic is Positivity Rate. Florida is up from a consistent ~10% rate the last 3 months to 14 to 18% depending on the reporting source. Hence why we are reported to be a hotspot of the virus. Except that news report states that a significant number of false positives are intermingled and they arent reporting negative results which means what? That the Positivity Rate alarmism is so much fake news.

This is incorrect.

The numbers are readily available from the FL DOH. They do report negative tests. The positivity rate is accurate. 

The positivity rate in FL is alarming, it should be alarming, and it is absolutely not fake, nor is it "news." It's reality. 

Soon we won't get to see these alarming numbers anymore as Trump and various governors seek to hide them from the public so there is less backlash to school reopenings. 

If any politician of any persuasion is seeking to deny you access to vital information concerning public health and wellbeing then we all should be - wait for it  - alarmed.

Front page: "Florida has single greatest increase in positivity rate so far!!!!!"

Page 12 a few days later: "DOH admits many labs aren't reporting negative cases, Orlando Health reported 98% positivity rate but internal documents show 9.4% positivity rate."

NYC:

[Image: giphy.gif]

No, it's just another attempt to inflame the passions of the people with fear. Nothing more. Soon you won't see these alarming numbers any more because Trump will have been re-elected and the news will move on to their next attempt to get rid of him. Until then though, we get to keep on enjoying fraudulent numbers reported as if they mean something when anyone with eyes can tell it's overstated.

Meanwhile, 500 people in the hospital in NE Florida today, 100 in ICU, 25 or so on vents. Average length of stay is down to 3 days from 8 two months ago. 90% of ER cases are sent home without admission. Every new case recorded drives down the CFR. Death rate continues to decline exactly according to Farr's Law. And people continue to wet themselves every time some new scare stat comes out.

(07-15-2020, 01:09 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(07-15-2020, 06:48 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: It's part of my job to follow them. It also seems it's my job to keep hitting you with facts for you to ignore. Trump wore a mask at Walter Reed as he should've and he gets criticized for doing so. Typical.

He wasn't criticized for wearing a mask, he was criticized for not wearing one until that visit to Walter Reed, and only then because of optics. That may or may not be true, though I'm certain you'll take him at his word.

He doesn't require masks in the White House.

Oh please, he's criticized for waking up in the morning. I wear a mask when on campus, it's policy. Trump did what he should've.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(07-15-2020, 01:12 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(07-15-2020, 01:07 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Is that to prevent the spread of coronavirus, or is it an attempt to make shopping there easier on the eyes?

I encourage anyone mocking the physical appearance of Walmart shoppers to post pictures of themselves.

Dang... did my joke hit to close to home or something?

(07-15-2020, 02:07 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-15-2020, 11:54 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: This is incorrect.

Front page: "Florida has single greatest increase in positivity rate so far!!!!!"

Page 12 a few days later: "DOH admits many labs aren't reporting negative cases, Orlando Health reported 98% positivity rate but internal documents show 9.4% positivity rate."

NYC:

No, it's just another attempt to inflame the passions of the people with fear. Nothing more. Soon you won't see these alarming numbers any more because Trump will have been re-elected and the news will move on to their next attempt to get rid of him. Until then though, we get to keep on enjoying fraudulent numbers reported as if they mean something when anyone with eyes can tell it's overstated.

Meanwhile, 500 people in the hospital in NE Florida today, 100 in ICU, 25 or so on vents. Average length of stay is down to 3 days from 8 two months ago. 90% of ER cases are sent home without admission. Every new case recorded drives down the CFR. Death rate continues to decline exactly according to Farr's Law. And people continue to wet themselves every time some new scare stat comes out.

Thought you were smarter. 

The 98% reference you're trying to extrapolate to "FLORIDA" was one batch of 504 tests from one lab in one county.
There were a total of 5 labs that produced oddly high positive percentages. 
There are over 900 labs in the state's report.  (I provided them in the pdf for you) 
Weird numbers in small batches from 5 labs doesn't skew the states number like you are attempting to claim. 

Do your damn homework. 

The numbers say what they say no matter how poorly you try to twist them.

Hey all. Still seeing the new high headlines for the US, hope your all doing ok.

After 3 months of saying they dont make a difference, we will be fined £100 for not wearing masks in public indoor areas...from the 24th July!

And restaurants, pubs, gyms and offices are exempt. So basically shops and the cinema.

And yes, its the biggest outrage ever for some.

(07-15-2020, 04:24 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(07-15-2020, 02:07 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Front page: "Florida has single greatest increase in positivity rate so far!!!!!"

NYC:

Thought you were smarter. 

The 98% reference you're trying to extrapolate to "FLORIDA" was one batch of 504 tests from one lab in one county.
There are over 900 labs in the state's report.  (I provided them in the pdf for you) 
Weird numbers in small batches from 5 labs doesn't skew the states number like you are attempting to claim. 

Do your damn homework. 

5 labs? I guess you didn't do your homework. Open the report up, go to the section that shows the lab reporting and see all the labs not reporting negative cases or only reporting a few. There are a lot more than 5.

(07-15-2020, 05:19 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(07-15-2020, 04:24 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Thought you were smarter. 

Do your damn homework. 

5 labs? I guess you didn't do your homework. Open the report up, go to the section that shows the lab reporting and see all the labs not reporting negative cases or only reporting a few. There are a lot more than 5.

Yawn. 

It was only five labs that had the false percentage of positives.  

Quote:In one example, a small batch of tests from a lab for Orlando Health tested 522 samples, according to a state report, and 512, or about 98%, were positive for the virus.
Dr. George Ralls of Orlando Health said the hospital system has found 5,206 positive tests of the 53,932 it administered throughout its hospitals, with an overall rate of 9.7%.
“There appears to be an error with Orlando Health’s number on that report,” said Alayna Curry, a spokeswoman for Orlando Health. “We’re looking into how this happened.”
The state report lists a dozen hospitals in Orlando Health’s system that have tested for the virus, with most coming from its own lab.
Ralls addressed the erroneous 98% positive figure in the state report during a meeting Tuesday of Orange County’s Economic Recovery Task Force.
Labs that appear affiliated with Orlando’s Veteran’s Affairs hospital also reported under three different names, rates of 31%, 46% and 76% on a combined 710 tests. Those percentages also appeared high, but a spokeswoman could not immediately provide clarification.
The largest lab companies don’t appear affected by the reporting discrepancy.
Quest Diagnostics in Tampa has reviewed 540,816 tests with 11% positive. Laboratory Corporation of America has processed 455,836 tests with 12% coming back positive and Bio Reference Laboratories has checked 360,286 tests with 13% positive. AdventHealth’s lab processed 103,000 tests with an 11% positivity rate.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/some-l...r-BB16Kc1I

Also - this whole thing has been addressed and corrected now. Current numbers are accurate.

What is the end game for these retail giants requiring facemasks all of a sudden? Nothing is going to stop the Farah, Morgan & Morgans of the world from wreaking class action lawsuit havoc against these stores. It's not like all of a sudden enforcing facemasks is going to help these stores.

(07-15-2020, 06:48 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-14-2020, 11:48 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Yeah but there is no stat that would ever persuade you anyway, so i'm not sure why you bother following them. 

I never see you offer any facts? You tend to approach things with feelings/faith that doing nothing is always the correct approach. You are of the same ilk to those who denied the smoking/cancer link.

(07-15-2020, 06:32 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(07-15-2020, 05:19 PM)p_rushing Wrote: 5 labs? I guess you didn't do your homework. Open the report up, go to the section that shows the lab reporting and see all the labs not reporting negative cases or only reporting a few. There are a lot more than 5.

Yawn. 

It was only five labs that had the false percentage of positives.  

Quote:In one example, a small batch of tests from a lab for Orlando Health tested 522 samples, according to a state report, and 512, or about 98%, were positive for the virus.
Dr. George Ralls of Orlando Health said the hospital system has found 5,206 positive tests of the 53,932 it administered throughout its hospitals, with an overall rate of 9.7%.
“There appears to be an error with Orlando Health’s number on that report,” said Alayna Curry, a spokeswoman for Orlando Health. “We’re looking into how this happened.”
The state report lists a dozen hospitals in Orlando Health’s system that have tested for the virus, with most coming from its own lab.
Ralls addressed the erroneous 98% positive figure in the state report during a meeting Tuesday of Orange County’s Economic Recovery Task Force.
Labs that appear affiliated with Orlando’s Veteran’s Affairs hospital also reported under three different names, rates of 31%, 46% and 76% on a combined 710 tests. Those percentages also appeared high, but a spokeswoman could not immediately provide clarification.
The largest lab companies don’t appear affected by the reporting discrepancy.
Quest Diagnostics in Tampa has reviewed 540,816 tests with 11% positive. Laboratory Corporation of America has processed 455,836 tests with 12% coming back positive and Bio Reference Laboratories has checked 360,286 tests with 13% positive. AdventHealth’s lab processed 103,000 tests with an 11% positivity rate.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/some-l...r-BB16Kc1I

Also - this whole thing has been addressed and corrected now. Current numbers are accurate.

Yawn. Its still 10%, not 18 or 20 as the news was blaring.

(07-15-2020, 08:01 PM)lastonealive Wrote:
(07-15-2020, 06:48 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: It's part of my job to follow them. It also seems it's my job to keep hitting you with facts for you to ignore. Trump wore a mask at Walter Reed as he should've and he gets criticized for doing so. Typical.

I never see you offer any facts? You tend to approach things with feelings/faith that doing nothing is always the correct approach. You are of the same ilk to those who denied the smoking/cancer link.

I've offered plenty of facts, you guys just can't hear them because of your cowardice and trust in the bull [BLEEP].

(07-14-2020, 02:55 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-14-2020, 01:49 PM)copycat Wrote: +1

And the media is going out of it’s way to make sure no one is informed.

In their defense, it's hard to report correct information when you aren't being given correct information to report. So much for our vaunted "experts."

Lol. The "experts" are to blame as well but the media flat out doesn't care.