Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(This post was last modified: 07-16-2020, 07:38 AM by The Real Marty.)

Guys, if the media is wrong, and it's all alarmism, and we're actually doing very very well in controlling this virus, and the positives are all the result of increased testing, because we have the greatest testing in the world, how come the European Union has put a travel ban on us?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-16-2020, 07:38 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Guys, if the media is wrong, and it's all alarmism, and we're actually doing very very well in controlling this virus, and the positives are all the result of increased testing, because we have the greatest testing in the world, how come the European Union has put a travel ban on us?

If wearing a mask is so important, how come my government, state, or city hasn't mailed 4 masks for my family funded of course by my tax dollar?

(07-16-2020, 08:14 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(07-16-2020, 07:38 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Guys, if the media is wrong, and it's all alarmism, and we're actually doing very very well in controlling this virus, and the positives are all the result of increased testing, because we have the greatest testing in the world, how come the European Union has put a travel ban on us?

If wearing a mask is so important, how come my government, state, or city hasn't mailed 4 masks for my family funded of course by my tax dollar?

So, it turns out that if you, as a voter, only ever demand lower and lower taxes, your local government will tend to lack the funds to hire competent people and get supplies quickly.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(07-16-2020, 08:14 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:

Probably because you don't need for the government to send you one.  Unless you are mentally handicapped, it's very easy to make your own, or just go to the store and buy a box of them.

(07-16-2020, 09:24 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(07-16-2020, 08:14 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: If wearing a mask is so important, how come my government, state, or city hasn't mailed 4 masks for my family funded of course by my tax dollar?

Probably because you don't need for the government to send you one.  Unless you are mentally handicapped, it's very easy to make your own, or just go to the store and buy a box of them.

So, just so I am clear. Assuming I am not physically or mentally handicap

1. Make myself a mask out of cloth which has proven to be pretty ineffective
2. Put on said homemade mask
3. Go to store
4. Purchase masks that are slightly less ineffective than homemade cloth mask.

Will do.

(07-16-2020, 09:30 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(07-16-2020, 09:24 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Probably because you don't need for the government to send you one.  Unless you are mentally handicapped, it's very easy to make your own, or just go to the store and buy a box of them.

3. Go to store

Will do.

I don't understand what is so hard about this.

Cuz they’re racist and xenophobic?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(07-16-2020, 12:23 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:

Ninja

We have a winner...

(07-16-2020, 12:23 PM)ZBchbunnie4 Wrote:

No

You're basing your argument on European Courage?

(07-16-2020, 09:13 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(07-16-2020, 08:14 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: If wearing a mask is so important, how come my government, state, or city hasn't mailed 4 masks for my family funded of course by my tax dollar?

So, it turns out that if you, as a voter, only ever demand lower and lower taxes, your local government will tend to lack the funds to hire competent people and get supplies quickly.

You're argument would be sound if it weren't for the fact that our government spent 4.45 Trillion dollars last year and sucks at pretty much everything they are supposed to do. But you know that already, you just love throwing good money after bad.

Atta girl!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

*snicker*

#becausetrump

(07-16-2020, 02:18 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(07-16-2020, 12:23 PM)ZBchbunnie4 Wrote: Cuz they’re racist and xenophobic?

No

Let her have this one. 
It's not the average Americans' job to understand the visa policies of other countries.

(07-16-2020, 07:01 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(07-16-2020, 02:18 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: No

Let her have this one. 
It's not the average Americans' job to understand the visa policies of other countries.

Whooshed again!
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Man, Europe is racist? [BLEEP] me. I apologize for having Europeian Descendants. I apologize for...

Wait, no I don’t. Carry on. I didn’t do [BLEEP].

Those terrible Europeans.

Have they not seen the league table? USA best in the world at covid!

(This post was last modified: 07-17-2020, 06:35 AM by captivating.)

(07-16-2020, 09:30 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(07-16-2020, 09:24 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Probably because you don't need for the government to send you one.  Unless you are mentally handicapped, it's very easy to make your own, or just go to the store and buy a box of them.

3. Go to store

Will do.

There is a fifth option.  Go buy an N95 mask, wear it and stop being a bellend.

(07-17-2020, 06:31 AM)captivating Wrote:
(07-16-2020, 09:30 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: So, just so I am clear. Assuming I am not physically or mentally handicap

3. Go to store

Will do.

There is a fifth option.  Go buy an N95 mask, wear it and stop being a bellend.

N95s must be fit tested for them to protect the wearer, you don't just pick one up of the shelf and put it on. They also do not filter the exhale, they are only designed to filter inhales so they don't protect other people from the wearer. In short, they aren't useful because they aren't being used correctly and they can actually make the situation worse because the give a false sense of security. They also turn otherwise normal people into condescending self righteous douchenozzles.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato