Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(07-17-2020, 09:31 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-17-2020, 06:31 AM)captivating Wrote: There is a fifth option.  Go buy an N95 mask, wear it and stop being a bellend.

N95s must be fit tested for them to protect the wearer, you don't just pick one up of the shelf and put it on. They also do not filter the exhale, they are only designed to filter inhales so they don't protect other people from the wearer. In short, they aren't useful because they aren't being used correctly and they can actually make the situation worse because the give a false sense of security. They also turn otherwise normal people into condescending self righteous douchenozzles.

Why is this so hard for some people?  People all over the world manage to wear a mask, and in a lot of those countries, the virus is under control.  

Ironically, by not wearing a mask, and thus not allowing the country to get the virus under control, the Trump supporters who refuse to wear masks are making sure Trump loses the election.  I guess they're just not very smart.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-17-2020, 06:31 AM)captivating Wrote: There is a fifth option.  Go buy an N95 mask, wear it and stop being a bellend.

N95s must be fit tested for them to protect the wearer, you don't just pick one up of the shelf and put it on. They also do not filter the exhale, they are only designed to filter inhales so they don't protect other people from the wearer. In short, they aren't useful because they aren't being used correctly and they can actually make the situation worse because the give a false sense of security. They also turn otherwise normal people into condescending self righteous douchenozzles.

Quoted for truth.

(This post was last modified: 07-17-2020, 02:32 PM by The Real Marty.)

This guy bragged about not wearing a mask, and now he is dead of Covid-19.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nati...457283002/

Rose’s death gained notoriety on social media after expressing that he was “not buying a (expletive) mask” less than three months before his death.

“I’ve made it this far by not buying into that damn hype,” he said in a post published April 28.

(07-17-2020, 02:31 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: This guy bragged about not wearing a mask, and now he is dead of Covid-19.

Rose’s death gained notoriety on social media after expressing that he was “not buying a (expletive) mask” less than three months before his death.

“I’ve made it this far by not buying into that damn hype,” he said in a post published April 28.

I mean, it's unfortunate for that guy, but who is to say he wouldn't have died from COVID-19 had he worn a mask?

I'm sure there are instances where someone choked to death on a Big Mac, but they aren't going to stop selling Big Mac's.

(07-17-2020, 02:47 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(07-17-2020, 02:31 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: This guy bragged about not wearing a mask, and now he is dead of Covid-19.

I mean, it's unfortunate for that guy, but who is to say he wouldn't have died from COVID-19 had he worn a mask?

I'm sure there are instances where someone choked to death on a Big Mac, but they aren't going to stop selling Big Mac's.

It's weird, I thought the story was that we are wearing masks as source control to protect other people from us? I guess the story changed again.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 07-17-2020, 03:41 PM by The Real Marty.)

(07-17-2020, 03:21 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-17-2020, 02:47 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I mean, it's unfortunate for that guy, but who is to say he wouldn't have died from COVID-19 had he worn a mask?

It's weird, I thought the story was that we are wearing masks as source control to protect other people from us? I guess the story changed again.

Wearing a mask does offer some protection for the wearer.  More than that, if we all wear masks, then it offers all of us protection from each other.

I still don't get why some people are resisting the idea of wearing a mask.  Is it anti-big-government or something?

How about this idea- if we all wear masks, we get the virus under control, the economy rebounds, and Trump gets re-elected.  Would that make people want to wear a mask?

(This post was last modified: 07-17-2020, 03:53 PM by captivating.)

N95 masks don't need to be fitted unless your spasticity prevents you from looping some elastic cord around your head and adjusting a nose piece.  But, given what I read, you probably would struggle with this.  

Shame there aren't more self righteous douchenozzles . The country wouldn't be in the mess that it's in.

No loss.  The world is in a net better place.

If people want to play Russian roulette, they don't deserve sympathy when they kill themselves.

This as$hat has likely murdered others by passing on the virus because he didn't want to buy into the damn hype.

(This post was last modified: 07-17-2020, 03:54 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

(07-17-2020, 03:48 PM)captivating Wrote:
(07-17-2020, 09:31 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: N95s must be fit tested for them to protect the wearer, you don't just pick one up of the shelf and put it on. They also do not filter the exhale, they are only designed to filter inhales so they don't protect other people from the wearer. In short, they aren't useful because they aren't being used correctly and they can actually make the situation worse because the give a false sense of security. They also turn otherwise normal people into condescending self righteous douchenozzles.

N95 masks don't need to be fitted unless your spasticity prevents you from looping some elastic cord around your head and adjusting a nose piece.  But, given what I read, you probably would struggle with this.  

Shame China wasn't honest about the origins of this virus there aren't more self righteous douchenozzles . The country wouldn't be in the mess that it's in.

Fixed this for you Holmes.

(07-17-2020, 09:31 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: N95s must be fit tested for them to protect the wearer, you don't just pick one up of the shelf and put it on. They also do not filter the exhale, they are only designed to filter inhales so they don't protect other people from the wearer. In short, they aren't useful because they aren't being used correctly and they can actually make the situation worse because the give a false sense of security. They also turn otherwise normal people into condescending self righteous douchenozzles.

Shame there aren't more self righteous douchenozzles . The country wouldn't be in the mess that it's in.

If people want to play Russian roulette, they don't deserve sympathy when they kill themselves.

This as$hat has likely murdered others by passing on the virus because he didn't want to buy into the damn hype.

The world is a net better place with an Army veteran dead? You must have had a good time burning ants with a magnify glass when you were a little demon kid.

(07-17-2020, 03:53 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(07-17-2020, 03:48 PM)captivating Wrote: N95 masks don't need to be fitted unless your spasticity prevents you from looping some elastic cord around your head and adjusting a nose piece.  But, given what I read, you probably would struggle with this.  

Shame China wasn't honest about the origins of this virus there aren't more self righteous douchenozzles . The country wouldn't be in the mess that it's in.

Fixed this for you Holmes.
The USA has no one to blame but themselves. 

We had enough advanced notice of the virus, but we politicised it rather than acting.  And morons who are more worried about "their rights" and the "economy" wouldn't do what was needed to suppress the virus spread.

You cant blame China for the USA sh!tting the bed and then rolling around in it.

At least the "COVID is no worse than the flu" narrative has ended.

I have a good friend who has said basically the same thing and he has a job that brings him into contact with a lot of people on the daily. His wife is the same. They refuse to wear a mask. I'm hoping they don't get the 'rona because they have two young kids to raise.

(07-17-2020, 04:16 PM)captivating Wrote: At least the "COVID is no worse than the flu" narrative has ended.

Lol, no it hasn't, it's still the same truth it was months ago.

(07-17-2020, 04:33 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:

I have a good friend who has said basically the same thing and he has a job that brings him into contact with a lot of people on the daily. His wife is the same. They refuse to wear a mask. I'm hoping they don't get the 'rona because they have two young kids to raise.

Don't buy the hype. They'll be fine, really. 14 million cases, 13.5 million people are fine.

It's good of you to outright deny the advice of the Mayo Clinic, those jackholes clearly know less than you about epidemiology. It helps us to ignore the rest of your vitriol.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

More great news coming out this week as major media outlets including NPR and the major newspapers are laying off their propagandists in the face of collapsing viewership. Turns out when you fear monger about a virus to shut down the economy then shutting down the economy costs you and your advertisers your customer base. Who [BLEEP] knew? Ah, the schadenfreude of watching The Shutdown Tribe eat themselves...truly enjoyable.

(07-18-2020, 08:14 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: More great news coming out this week as major media outlets including NPR and the major newspapers are laying off their propagandists in the face of collapsing viewership. Turns out when you fear monger about a virus to shut down the economy then shutting down the economy costs you and your advertisers your customer base. Who [BLEEP] knew? Ah, the schadenfreude of watching The Shutdown Tribe eat themselves...truly enjoyable.

Cant  imagine "journalist hack" is high on  the resume skill seeking ladder in the real world.

The irony here is these people will probably end up being hired by  conservative small business who feel sorry for them.

(07-18-2020, 08:14 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: More great news coming out this week as major media outlets including NPR and the major newspapers are laying off their propagandists in the face of collapsing viewership. Turns out when you fear monger about a virus to shut down the economy then shutting down the economy costs you and your advertisers your customer base. Who [BLEEP] knew? Ah, the schadenfreude of watching The Shutdown Tribe eat themselves...truly enjoyable.

Trump chose to shut things down. After all, he said he saved tons of lives with the shutdown

Saw where a motorcycle wreck victim had cause of death as COVID-19.

We are literally living in a meme.

(07-18-2020, 02:28 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Saw where a motorcycle wreck victim had cause of death as COVID-19.

[Image: 23-BF372-D-CF10-4-EEA-80-BD-F7-D544-DF1-E4-A.jpg]
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(07-18-2020, 02:46 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(07-18-2020, 02:28 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Saw where a motorcycle wreck victim had cause of death as COVID-19.

[Image: 23-BF372-D-CF10-4-EEA-80-BD-F7-D544-DF1-E4-A.jpg]

Don't worry, the resident medical experts will be along to tell you how Covid was REALLY the underlying cause, not the fact that the guy was lying under his smashed bike.

How does ridiculousness keep being used as proof? Look, you can't claim fake news when it is convenient ... Not that that has stopped anyone around here.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/50766...oronavirus

Finally dawns on Chuck Woolery that COVID is real.