Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(This post was last modified: 02-02-2021, 10:25 AM by Lucky2Last.)

It's so obvious which party is breaking our system. Regardless if it was enough to sway the election, Democrats broke almost every rule in some way or another with regards to this election. If this exact same thing happened in reverse, these concerns would be plastered on every news outlet for months on end and there would be riots in every major city in America that completely dwarfed anything that happened at the Capitol. You know what? I would totally understand, too. I would be arguing the exact same things that you guys are (that it shouldn't be overturned in the courts), but the difference is that I would acknowledge the inconsistences and be sympathetic towards calls for election reform. You don't even have the decency to understand WHY people may be frustrated under these circumstances. Your apathy is inexcusable.

I have laid out extensive details that suggest there was fraud. There was ballot harvesting, selective ballot curing, failure to purge voter roles, discrimination between registered parties, and drastically reduced rejection of suspect ballots. In those same 4 cities, you see a concerted effort, to limit republican observers during counting, which miraculously concluded with a significantly increased voter turnout compared to other blue counties, highly unlikely batches of votes in favor of Biden, and the some of the lowest rates of rejected ballots in history. The voting rejection rate in those counties should not drop from 3% to .3% between elections. Observers should never be silenced and kicked out for questioning ballots. Observers should be able to accurately see the ballot. There should be no reason for either party to discriminate based on registered party affiliation.

The authorities have done a piss poor job of explaining the inconsistencies and the courts refuse to hear the case on standing, which basically means the courts didn't believe Trump could show it cost him the election. That's a virtually impossible standard. I'm cool with that, by the way. Courts should not be easily able to override an the voice of millions of people What I'm not cool with, is the obvious and extensive ways that democrats broke or bent the rules to gain an advantage in 4 democratic strongholds in 4 key swing states. What I said would happen is EXACTLY what's happening: Not only are we going to ignore the instances that seem out of place and downplay their significance, we are going to move forward without a care in the world towards reforming our system. It's a joke that you can even take the democrats voting platform seriously, and speaks volumes to your priorities.

This will be my last post on this topic in this thread, because we are WAY off the COVID discussion. These posts should really be moved to election thread.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 02-02-2021, 11:10 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(02-02-2021, 10:23 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: It's so obvious which party is breaking our system. Regardless if it was enough to sway the election, Democrats broke almost every rule in some way or another with regards to this election. If this exact same thing happened in reverse

2016 --- what they heck do you think was going on with the spread of misinformation on facebook, twitter, and other outlets.

[Image: 65d6ad889bdf1a2671825baa0b754d3a41-02-te...e.w700.jpg]

Someone took Biden’s advice on learning how to code.

(02-02-2021, 01:15 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(02-01-2021, 04:26 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Perfectly refutable, and denying it because your guy won just creates further distrust in the system.

(02-01-2021, 04:46 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I literally just made a post addressing this. Barr said there wasn't evidence to prove the fraud was extensive enough to overturn the election. The courts threw it out on standing, which is basically the same thing. Trump never got to present evidence in the courts, so the fact you guys keep saying there wasn't evidence is patently false. The debate that you want to have is whether or not he can PROVE it would have changed the election, and he can't. You win that one. However, there is evidence of fraud. There is evidence of shenanigans. It just isn't enough to do anything with it. This should lend itself to the debate that would prevent this resentment in the future, which is how do we have secure and transparent elections. Which party doesn't want to address that?

Yawn

There is a limited amount of fraud in every election.

Pressed time and again, there has been zero evidence that fraud in this election was enough to affect results in any state. 

These are facts. Not opinion.
 They've been agreed upon unilaterally by lawmakers. 
  The insistence that there is some underlying "steal" is pure and absolute fiction.

Did you not see where L2L said this? I bolded both of your statements. And others have said it as well. Beating that particular dead horse is not a solid argument for your case when most of us already agree there was likely not enough evidence to make a difference.

(02-02-2021, 02:58 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(02-02-2021, 01:15 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Yawn

Pressed time and again, there has been zero evidence that fraud in this election was enough to affect results in any state. 

The insistence that there is some underlying "steal" is pure and absolute fiction.

Did you not see where L2L said this? I bolded both of your statements. And others have said it as well. Beating that particular dead horse is not a solid argument for your case when most of us already agree there was likely not enough evidence to make a difference.

Give him a minute.. He's probably looking for this..
[Image: tQhNzNrMoQZtqN9TD_9BEtYmciDpdoFWqgJ5A0dS...K-ulI4nzqa]
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(02-02-2021, 02:58 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(02-02-2021, 01:15 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Yawn

I'm aware. 

I'm also aware that at least two other posters in this thread refuse to acknowledge that information as factual, thus my inclusion of it. 

Regardless, the horse is beaten and the thread was derailed. I'll let it return to topic. 

on topic: 

I've had a few friends and family members test positive over the past month and all have emerged healthy after a week of mild to moderate symptoms. 

I had symptoms for 4 days but tested negative twice. Fine now. 

Hope you all are staying healthy as well as your loved ones.

I now know 2 different people that have died within a day of their second Covid vaccine. One family friend and a former co-worker. I don't know of a single person that died from Covid. Just to clarify, I am not suggesting people don't die from Covid. I know they do. I am just sharing my anecdotal experience. I don't feel comfortable taking this vaccine, and I don't trust big pharma enough to be documenting this properly. Truthfully, considering the millions of vaccines administered, it is still highly unlikely that anyone has serious affects from the vaccine, but it bothers me that we don't apply the same standard to the virus itself.

(02-02-2021, 09:52 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I now know 2 different people that have died within a day of their second Covid vaccine. One family friend and a former co-worker. I don't know of a single person that died from Covid. Just to clarify, I am not suggesting people don't die from Covid. I know they do. I am just sharing my anecdotal experience. I don't feel comfortable taking this vaccine, and I don't trust big pharma enough to be documenting this properly. Truthfully, considering the millions of vaccines administered, it is still highly unlikely that anyone has serious affects from the vaccine, but it bothers me that we don't apply the same standard to the virus itself.

Sorry for the loss of your friends.  

I know several people who have been vaccinated with no ill effects, but cases like these still raise concerns.  Do you know which vaccine either of them received?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-beds...s-55881753

COVID takes a true hero

(02-02-2021, 11:42 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(02-02-2021, 09:52 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I now know 2 different people that have died within a day of their second Covid vaccine. One family friend and a former co-worker. I don't know of a single person that died from Covid. Just to clarify, I am not suggesting people don't die from Covid. I know they do. I am just sharing my anecdotal experience. I don't feel comfortable taking this vaccine, and I don't trust big pharma enough to be documenting this properly. Truthfully, considering the millions of vaccines administered, it is still highly unlikely that anyone has serious affects from the vaccine, but it bothers me that we don't apply the same standard to the virus itself.

Sorry for the loss of your friends.  

I know several people who have been vaccinated with no ill effects, but cases like these still raise concerns.  Do you know which vaccine either of them received?

I have no idea which vaccine they received. One was in Texas, and a former colleague texted me to let me know she passed. The other lived right up the road. He worked for my dad, who is the director of a major retirement community. All of the workers there were vaccinated and almost all of the seniors as well. I don't want it to seem like I am saying the vaccination is a major threat. I'm not. I am simply saying that I feel like this whole virus is a lesson in overreaction and double standards. Big Tech, Big Pharma, and Big 'Ole Wall Street have somehow ended up with a lot of money through this ordeal, and I feel like, at the very least, these people dying within a day of taking the vaccine should be counted as a virus death, since that was the standard for Covid. Actually, I take that back. I would rather use the most scientific approach possible, but, either way, I want the same standard to be used across the board. I just grow more and more frustrated at the political and financial exploitation of Covid.

(02-03-2021, 08:56 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(02-02-2021, 11:42 PM)Sneakers Wrote: Sorry for the loss of your friends.  

I have no idea which vaccine they received. One was in Texas, and a former colleague texted me to let me know she passed. The other lived right up the road. He worked for my dad, who is the director of a major retirement community. All of the workers there were vaccinated and almost all of the seniors as well. I don't want it to seem like I am saying the vaccination is a major threat. I'm not. I am simply saying that I feel like this whole virus is a lesson in overreaction and double standards. Big Tech, Big Pharma, and Big 'Ole Wall Street have somehow ended up with a lot of money through this ordeal, and I feel like, at the very least, these people dying within a day of taking the vaccine should be counted as a virus death, since that was the standard for Covid. Actually, I take that back. I would rather use the most scientific approach possible, but, either way, I want the same standard to be used across the board. I just grow more and more frustrated at the political and financial exploitation of Covid.

Are you certain the vaccine was a contributing factor to their deaths?

(02-02-2021, 09:55 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(02-02-2021, 09:17 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Four USSC Justices disagreed with that assessment. Had the 5th been seated in time to be part of the case then this would've been a whole different narrative.

Two of the "cases" of voter fraud that made their way to the supreme court were immediately dismissed as baseless. 
To which case are you referring?

Both the Penn and NC cases were a 4-4 tie. Had Barrett sat for them it's likely 5-4 in favor of Trump in both.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-03-2021, 09:24 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-02-2021, 09:55 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Two of the "cases" of voter fraud that made their way to the supreme court were immediately dismissed as baseless. 
To which case are you referring?

Both the Penn and NC cases were a 4-4 tie. Had Barrett sat for them it's likely 5-4 in favor of Trump in both.

Those were not voter fraud cases.  Those were cases brought before the election about whether ballots could be accepted after election day.  In both cases, even if the Supreme Court had ruled against accepting ballots after election day, there were not enough of those to affect the outcome of the election.

(This post was last modified: 02-03-2021, 10:43 AM by Lucky2Last.)

(02-03-2021, 09:01 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(02-03-2021, 08:56 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I have no idea which vaccine they received. One was in Texas, and a former colleague texted me to let me know she passed. The other lived right up the road. He worked for my dad, who is the director of a major retirement community. All of the workers there were vaccinated and almost all of the seniors as well. I don't want it to seem like I am saying the vaccination is a major threat. I'm not. I am simply saying that I feel like this whole virus is a lesson in overreaction and double standards. Big Tech, Big Pharma, and Big 'Ole Wall Street have somehow ended up with a lot of money through this ordeal, and I feel like, at the very least, these people dying within a day of taking the vaccine should be counted as a virus death, since that was the standard for Covid. Actually, I take that back. I would rather use the most scientific approach possible, but, either way, I want the same standard to be used across the board. I just grow more and more frustrated at the political and financial exploitation of Covid.

Are you certain the vaccine was a contributing factor to their deaths?

Absolutely not. Both people had previous conditions, and both people died within 6 hours of getting the second shot. Both were in their 50's. The shot may or may not have been the straw that broke the camel's back, so to speak. The point I am making, is that our government did not bother to make that distinction with regards to Covid, even though MOST deaths were by people much older and were likely going to die soon, anyways. I just don't like the double standard. We put out a vaccine and say, "Look how good we're doing," but we aren't holding the vaccine to the same standard as Covid itself.

If we held the virus to the same standard as the vaccine, would we even take the vaccine?

(02-03-2021, 03:16 AM)captivating Wrote: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-beds...s-55881753

COVID takes a true hero

Yep.. it was COVID... nevermind he was 100 and already had pneumonia.

(02-03-2021, 10:46 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(02-03-2021, 03:16 AM)captivating Wrote: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-beds...s-55881753

COVID takes a true hero

Yep.. it was COVID... nevermind he was 100 and already had pneumonia.

Regardless, the man was a WW2 vet and actually did something positive (raised a ton of money) during their first lockdown over there.

(02-03-2021, 06:31 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(02-03-2021, 10:46 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Yep.. it was COVID... nevermind he was 100 and already had pneumonia.

Regardless, the man was a WW2 vet and actually did something positive (raised a ton of money) during their first lockdown over there.

I'm not refuting his "hero" status.

I'm refuting that COVID took him when Pneumonia was going to... he was 100 years frickin old!

Got my second shot today, no sign of mutant super powers as of yet.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-03-2021, 07:41 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Got my second shot today, no sign of mutant super powers as of yet.

Too bad.  What power were you hoping for?  Flying would be cool, although x-ray vision could be enjoyable in certain situations.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(02-04-2021, 01:32 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(02-03-2021, 07:41 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Got my second shot today, no sign of mutant super powers as of yet.

Too bad.  What power were you hoping for?  Flying would be cool, although x-ray vision could be enjoyable in certain situations.

Is suddenly growing a third testicle considered a “super power”?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???