Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

Seriously? Not one taker from the left that is going to acknowledge the obvious breach of journalistic integrity with regard to Cuomo and DeSantis? Just need one person with integrity to fess up here.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-12-2021, 09:52 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Seriously? Not one taker from the left that is going to acknowledge the obvious breach of journalistic integrity with regard to Cuomo and DeSantis? Just need one person with integrity to fess up here.

Mike actively posting elsewhere. Clearly waiting on Don Lemon for his arguing points on this one.

(02-12-2021, 09:55 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(02-12-2021, 09:52 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Seriously? Not one taker from the left that is going to acknowledge the obvious breach of journalistic integrity with regard to Cuomo and DeSantis? Just need one person with integrity to fess up here.

Mike actively posting elsewhere. Clearly waiting on Don Lemon for his arguing points on this one.

whyareyousoobsessedwithme.gif

I don't disagree with anything that has been said. early on CNN especially was trying to sell Governor Cuomo as the hero of the pandemic. I know that his brother had something to do with that. Now it seems the mainstream media are trying to pretend that Governor Cuomo does not exist.  Governor Cuomo really crapped the bed.

That said, Florida could be doing better.  We are not exactly a shining star of transparency with regard to transmission in schools and nursing homes. I would not at all be surprised if similar revelations about Florida came out, that we were trying to block reporting of deaths in nursing homes.

We should have a mask mandate and we should be more unified in an effort to make sure social distancing is enforced at indoor bars and restaurants.  If the restaurant staffs in this state took the pandemic half as seriously as the school cafeteria workers we'd be a lot better off. Many states are doing worse than us on these efforts, true, but DeSantis has not at all been a cheerleader for this type of thing.

The thing DeSantis and Cuomo have in common is complacency with their own partisan power structure, meaning, they don't have to deal with the other party.  Thus causes them to just coast rather than putting effort into hard decisions.    Cuomo obviously has this worse than DeSantis.  His family has been in politics longer and his political campaigns have been easier.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

It's not about who could be doing better. Statistically, Cuomo has always been doing worse than DeSantis, yet one is maligned ruthlessly, and the other looks to have obstructed justice. I'm old enough to remember when that was considered an impeachable offence. I'm not even going to touch on the stupidity of your defense that "maybe DeSantis is guilty of something, too." It's been a strong rumor that NY has underreported it's deaths for at least 4 months now, and not a peep from the media. Just own it, and maybe learn from it. That our media is corrupt. It's an extension of the democratic party. It has no standard except ideology, and you use that broken system to help you make decisions, which would be fine, if you would actually acknowledge it's brokenness.

(02-13-2021, 11:46 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: It's not about who could be doing better. Statistically, Cuomo has always been doing worse than DeSantis, yet one is maligned ruthlessly, and the other looks to have obstructed justice. I'm old enough to remember when that was considered an impeachable offence. I'm not even going to touch on the stupidity of your defense that "maybe DeSantis is guilty of something, too." It's been a strong rumor that NY has underreported it's deaths for at least 4 months now, and not a peep from the media. Just own it, and maybe learn from it. That our media is corrupt. It's an extension of the democratic party. It has no standard except ideology, and you use that broken system to help you make decisions, which would be fine, if you would actually acknowledge it's brokenness.

Here's a peep...
https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/12/politics/...index.html

I mean yes the media is lazy, self serving, caters to their biases, and they have to pretend that each hour of each day has something equally urgent going on, meaning most of the time they're making something minor sound like a catastrophe.

I've said all that before.

(This post was last modified: 02-13-2021, 10:44 PM by mal234.)

At least a couple of my co-workers have had severe side effects to the second dose. Some of them got theirs this past week on Thursday and Friday. I am scheduled to get mines this upcoming Tuesday. A couple of them had to call out sick due to how severe the side effects were. Here is what one of them told me she experienced after she came back to work today:

She got her shot on Thursday(and she was working that day). By Thursday evening her arm was very sore and she felt pain in her neck. She said over that night and the next day she had severe chills and extremely painful body aches. She said that she felt like she was freezing all night/day long and that she put on a robe, three blankets and a heating pad and she still was freezing. She also mentioned that the aches in her neck/arm traveled all the way down her body and it was very painful. She also mentioned that she had a headache, difficulty sleeping and opposite arm soreness, where the arm she didn't get the shot in was hurting. Another co-worker also mentioned she got opposite arm soreness.

Her experience sounded very rough. Thankfully it didn't last longer than a couple of days, but those types of side effects are a bit concerning. I hope my other co-worker who missed work today due to severe side effects, ends up being okay. And I wonder what type of effects she had. I will ask her when she gets back to work.

Thanks for sharing Mal. My mom was scheduled to get her first one last week but had to cancel due to sinus infection. They definitely recommended she wait until she gets over the infection.

A nurse friend of mine said the second shot caused her to be bedridden for two days with chills, body aches, and severe headache. She's grateful for the vaccination though.

I would deal with that to get vaccinated - sometime in November at the rate they're going.

(This post was last modified: 02-13-2021, 11:41 PM by mal234.)

(02-13-2021, 11:16 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Thanks for sharing Mal. My mom was scheduled to get her first one last week but had to cancel due to sinus infection. They definitely recommended she wait until she gets over the infection.

You're welcome.

Yeah, I think it probably is best if your mom wait until she gets over her sinus infection. On another site I visit, there was another lady said she got her second shot the other day, and she felt like it was affecting her sinuses. She said she felt like there was some pain there after the second shot and mentioned that she had a weird taste in her mouth. The second dose does seem to be impacting a lot more people in negative ways.

My dad got his first shot last Saturday and he was okay. I am concerned about him taking his second shot. But I hope that ends up okay. One of my co-workers said her parents who are both seventy five took their second shot and outside of her mom having a slight headache ended up being fine. Hopefully at least some elderly people who take this shot (and people in general) will be okay and not have the more severe side effects.

I get my shot on Tuesday and I will post what happens. I hope it's not rough like some of my co-workers, but you can't be certain. I was checking in with some of my co-workers the other day after their second shot and a couple of them said they were fine. And the two that got sick seemed fine, until they weren't.

Both of the co-workers that got sick after the second shot, didn't start feeling the effects of it until several hours later. The one I talked to today and who got hers on Thursday was working with me on Thursday and she felt fine up until that evening. The other lady got her second shot on Friday and didn't start feeling bad until either that evening or the next day. It seems like some people are feeling the effects until several hours/almost a day later. So that is something people may have to look out for after they get their second shot. You may feel fine at first, but then several hours later it can hit you.

One of my co-workers who has been fine after the second shot mentioned staying hydrated with water. I think that staying hydrated, including on the day of the second shot could help.

Also, we all took the Pfizer vaccine.

(This post was last modified: 02-13-2021, 11:37 PM by mal234.)

(02-13-2021, 11:27 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: A nurse friend of mine said the second shot caused her to be bedridden for two days with chills, body aches, and severe headache. She's grateful for the vaccination though.

I would deal with that to get vaccinated - sometime in November at the rate they're going.

I read elsewhere where a lady said that someone she knew was throwing up for three days straight. And I have yet another co-worker who said her son had a severe reaction to it. I think she mentioned it had a negative effect on his heart rate.

People definitely need to be aware of the things that can happen, it could get rough. Also, the co-worker I was talking to today, husband is in the military. She said that here after this Wednesday February 17th, they will no longer be giving out "first doses", for the time being. It sounds like they are starting to run out of the vaccine and after that date will try and get the second doses out for people. Hopefully, they will end up getting the vaccine back in supply, but it might be a bit. I was telling her and another co-worker how people should have really considered taking the opportunity to get this vaccine while they can. 

I have co-workers who refused to take it though they were offered multiple times to get it for free and even get it on the clock, if they wanted to. Now if they are running out here, we really don't know when the "first doses" will be available again. But the ones that refused really don't want it, and I think they will try and steer clear of it even more, now that some people at work are having severe side effects.

I do believe we will eventually have enough vaccines for everyone (and probably a surplus due to companies working on multiple vaccines and not everyone wanting to take it). But right now it does look like there could be a bit of a shortage going on.

My mom got her second shot last week. A day of feeling a little crappy, but then she was fine. Dad got his first shot on Thursday. He was a little under the weather yesterday, but that’s not any indication of anything. He’s a little bit of a hypochondriac. Lol

My brother tested positive for Covid last week also. He feels crappy with flu like crud, but nothing serious so far....knock on wood.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

I'm now 11 days post 2nd dose. I've had no problems at all outside localized soreness at the injection site. Sadly I also do not have any observable new super powers to report. Guess I'll just have to stick with my uncanny wit, amazing charm, and otherworldly sexual prowess for now. And my cast iron liver as well.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-14-2021, 12:05 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I'm now 11 days post 2nd dose. I've had no problems at all outside localized soreness at the injection site. Sadly I also do not have any observable new super powers to report. Guess I'll just have to stick with my uncanny wit, amazing charm, and otherworldly sexual prowess for now. And my cast iron liver as well.

So what you’re saying is the second shot made you delusional too? Ninja
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

I have adverse reactions to vaccines in general so I stay away from all of them. Plus, I just don't trust it.

My husband is on a list because of his job but since NC, and my county in particular, is not a shining example of how to get this party started, we're not sure how long it will be before he and his co-workers get it. People from my county are being rerouted to other counties for the shot. He works in a county that seems to have more access so we'll see.

(02-14-2021, 12:07 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(02-14-2021, 12:05 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I'm now 11 days post 2nd dose. I've had no problems at all outside localized soreness at the injection site. Sadly I also do not have any observable new super powers to report. Guess I'll just have to stick with my uncanny wit, amazing charm, and otherworldly sexual prowess for now. And my cast iron liver as well.

So what you’re saying is the second shot made you delusional too? Ninja

[Image: tenor.gif]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 02-15-2021, 08:53 AM by mal234.)

I talked to my second co-worker yesterday who had to call out sick. She said that she initiall felt fine after the shot, (she took it on Friday morning) but by 2am Saturday morning she woke up feeling nauseous. She threw up and had severe body aches. She said she had to end up sleeping throughout the day.

I get mine tomorrow, I hope things okay, but I do wonder with the reports of people having more severe reactions. So far the people that I've talked to that had severe reactions didn't get them until several hours/about a day later. I am hearing/reading about more people with that type of experience. People are saying they initially feel fine after the second shot, then they feel like they've been hit by a truck. So if people get the second dose, you might want to try and see if you can have the next day off from work. So just you can possibly have time to recover.

(02-15-2021, 12:02 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: How long until Rob Schneider is cancelled?

Rob Schneider slams public schools' in-person coronavirus safety measures as a ‘new kind of child abuse’ | Fox News

The bigger question is, why isn't the actor who is best known for Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo cancelled already?

(02-15-2021, 12:58 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(02-15-2021, 12:02 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: How long until Rob Schneider is cancelled?

Rob Schneider slams public schools' in-person coronavirus safety measures as a ‘new kind of child abuse’ | Fox News

The bigger question is, why isn't the actor who is best known for Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo cancelled already?

I don't think that movie is what Schneider is best known for.

(02-15-2021, 08:51 AM)mal234 Wrote: I talked to my second co-worker yesterday who had to call out sick. She said that she initiall felt fine after the shot, (she took it on Friday morning) but by 2am Saturday morning she woke up feeling nauseous. She threw up and had severe body aches. She said she had to end up sleeping throughout the day.

I get mine tomorrow, I hope things okay, but I do wonder with the reports of people having more severe reactions. So far the people that I've talked to that had severe reactions didn't get them until several hours/about a day later. I am hearing/reading about more people with that type of experience. People are saying they initially feel fine after the second shot, then they feel like they've been hit by a truck. So if people get the second dose, you might want to try and see if you can have the next day off from work. So just you can possibly have time to recover.

I hope you have few, if any, side effects. I guess the payoff is some protection against the 'rona though I'm not sure it's even effective by the stories I keep reading. When my mom gets hers I'm going to stay with her for a few days in case she has these reactions. Thanks for sharing this info. It is helpful to know this. I'm going to tell my in-laws so they know what to look out for.