Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(This post was last modified: 03-06-2021, 05:28 PM by Lucky2Last.)

It's not an opinion. You don't live in a bubble. Our actions affect others, and there is a time and a place for imposing self-restrictions. All of human morality is centered around this concept. You can not have a free society without personal responsibility and consideration for others. The blanket concept of "freedom" is not a blank check to do whatever you want. You are not free to stab a person or drive recklessly just because you can. If everyone thought like you, we'd be [BLEEP].

Should people with an STD be required to disclose that to someone else before having sex with them? I guess not for Winger Dinger. If you could get laid, that could be a real problem for some people. We have a duty to our fellow man unless you're just a selfish [BLEEP]. It's cool, you do you, bro.

Again, I think the jury is out on the effectiveness of masks. I think our continued use of them is an overreaction and potentially harmful. I just don't think "freedom" is a valid reason for not wearing one, especially not if it were effective at protecting others and if this disease were as deadly as advertised.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-06-2021, 05:26 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: It's not an opinion. You don't live in a bubble. Our actions affect others, and there is a time and a place for imposing self-restrictions. All of human morality is centered around this concept. You can not have a free society without personal responsibility and consideration for others. The blanket concept of "freedom" is not a blank check to do whatever you want. You are not free to stab a person or drive recklessly just because you can. If everyone thought like you, we'd be [BLEEP].

Should people with an STD be required to disclose that to someone else before having sex with them? I guess not for Winger Dinger. If you could get laid, that could be a real problem for some people. We have a duty to our fellow man unless you're just a selfish [BLEEP]. It's cool, you do you, bro.

Again, I think the jury is out on the effectiveness of masks. I think our continued use of them is an overreaction and potentially harmful. I just don't think "freedom" is a valid reason for not wearing one, especially not if it were effective at protecting others and if this disease were as deadly as advertised.

It is an opinion.. YOUR opinion.. And you're right, I don't live in a bubble. I live in the great State of Florida where we do not have a mandatory mask mandate. If my actions affect you, that's your problem to deal with it, not mine.

All of human morality? More like sheeple, and if you wish to baaaaah your dumb [BLEEP] down the road, by yourself, in a car with the windows rolled up, wearing your mask, feel free. Maybe you just better stay inside for the rest of your life, wear your mask and give yourself anal swabs, it might improve your personality. Freedom is what each individual deems it to be. It's my freedom because legally, I'm allowed to be maskless. That's what my governor has deem appropriate. Don't like the rules? Oh well, tough [BLEEP], they're still the rules regardless whether you like it or not. I won't wear a mask simply because it makes you and your ilk feel better at night.. And you're right, I'm not free to stab someone and recklessly drive, just because I can, that's against the law and I'm a law abiding citizen. Some stores and businesses have their own mask policy, and I respect those policies by not going inside. But that's as far as it goes for me. 

Sorry you have such a problem with it, snowflake..

[BLEEP] your feelings..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(03-06-2021, 05:58 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(03-06-2021, 05:26 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: It's not an opinion. You don't live in a bubble. Our actions affect others, and there is a time and a place for imposing self-restrictions. All of human morality is centered around this concept. You can not have a free society without personal responsibility and consideration for others. The blanket concept of "freedom" is not a blank check to do whatever you want. You are not free to stab a person or drive recklessly just because you can. If everyone thought like you, we'd be [BLEEP].

It is an opinion.. YOUR opinion.. And you're right, I don't live in a bubble. I live in the great State of Florida where we do not have a mandatory mask mandate. If my actions affect you, that's your problem to deal with it, not mine.

All of human morality? More like sheeple, and if you wish to baaaaah your dumb [BLEEP] down the road, by yourself, in a car with the windows rolled up, wearing your mask, feel free. Maybe you just better stay inside for the rest of your life, wear your mask and give yourself anal swabs, it might improve your personality. Freedom is what each individual deems it to be. It's my freedom because legally, I'm allowed to be maskless. That's what my governor has deem appropriate. Don't like the rules? Oh well, tough [BLEEP], they're still the rules regardless whether you like it or not. I won't wear a mask simply because it makes you and your ilk feel better at night.. And you're right, I'm not free to stab someone and recklessly drive, just because I can, that's against the law and I'm a law abiding citizen. Some stores and businesses have their own mask policy, and I respect those policies by not going inside. But that's as far as it goes for me. 

[BLEEP] your feelings..

Lay down with dogs, wake up with fleas, eh Lucky?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 03-06-2021, 06:33 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

If you ain't wearing 3 masks and some tighty whiteys on your head like Fraud Tony said, you ain't living right.

I can count on one hand the number of times that I have worn a mask since this whole China virus thing started.  I walked into a gun store today to purchase another to add to my collection, and there were a few customers that wore masks.  The majority of customers (including myself) as well as all of the staff in the store did not wear a mask.

I have been a part of large gatherings of family/friends both local and from out of state with none of us wearing masks.  We shook hands, hugged, ate and drank together.

In other words, I live my life in a normal way.

I applaud our Governor for not locking down businesses in our state.  There should be no restrictions what-so-ever.  If you don't want to go to a restaurant that is operating at full capacity... don't go.  Let people enjoy the freedom of making their own decisions.  We don't need "mother government" telling us what to do.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(03-06-2021, 05:58 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:

[BLEEP] your feelings..

Let's start with the basics. An opinion is something like, Winger Dinger might be the most [BLEEP] person on this board. And, while you're doing your best to make that a reality, it's not nearly as factual as what I previously stated. Freedom, in and of itself, is not a valid justification to do whatever you want, especially not when it affects other people. I can give you a million examples of why that is true, starting with the question you didn't answer above. If you want to focus on the legality of argument, sure, you can legally remain mask free. Legality has nothing to do with whether or not someone is an [BLEEP]. Just like liars can lie, trolls can troll. It doesn't make you any less of a douche. 

I have no problems with you going maskless at this point. I think the data is fairly clear that it doesn't do what most people think it does. My problem is that you are being a pompous blowhard. I know it's probably a waste of time to do an if/then with you, but IF wearing a mask could keep other people safe and you chose not to wear one, THEN you are being inconsiderate jackass. Period. And if you think one of those premises are incorrect, then you should address the one that is incorrect. There are many justifiable reasons to not wear a mask, and, instead of putting on your big boy thinking cap, you shake your first at the world and yell about "muh freedom." 

I know, I know, FREEDOM, blah blah blah, we get it. How dare I ask you to show any signs of intelligence on a messageboard. That's tyrannical. Before you go all William Wallace, spend a few minutes removing your face paint and just try to be less stupid. Seriously. You're an embarrassment to those of us who have to argue with the idiot leftists on this board. It's hard enough without people like you becoming a caricature of the right. Go ahead and be an [BLEEP] if you want. You do you. Just have the balls to admit what you really are.

It took me a while to wear a mask in public. Even though I’ll have a neck gaiter/ face shield on during work more often than not. I’m a germaphobe. So being told to... idk. But I will say I’ll wear one in a store. An actual mask that is. I do have old parents with underlying health issues I’d hate to infect. I’d probably get paid well if they were not here. But I’d rather have them here. That and the germaphobe in me doesn’t even want to get the common cold. So whether it helps or not, idk. I’d rather do it than find out I [BLEEP] a family member over. So I guess for me, it’s erring on the side of caution. More so for my loved ones. If I was single and parent less, I’d probably say screw it.

(03-06-2021, 07:58 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(03-06-2021, 05:58 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: It is an opinion.. YOUR opinion.. And you're right, I don't live in a bubble. I live in the great State of Florida where we do not have a mandatory mask mandate. If my actions affect you, that's your problem to deal with it, not mine.

[BLEEP] your feelings..

Let's start with the basics. An opinion is something like, Winger Dinger might be the most [BLEEP] person on this board. And, while you're doing your best to make that a reality, it's not nearly as factual as what I previously stated. Freedom, in and of itself, is not a valid justification to do whatever you want, especially not when it affects other people. I can give you a million examples of why that is true, starting with the question you didn't answer above. If you want to focus on the legality of argument, sure, you can legally remain mask free. Legality has nothing to do with whether or not someone is an [BLEEP]. Just like liars can lie, trolls can troll. It doesn't make you any less of a douche. 

I have no problems with you going maskless at this point. I think the data is fairly clear that it doesn't do what most people think it does. My problem is that you are being a pompous blowhard. I know it's probably a waste of time to do an if/then with you, but IF wearing a mask could keep other people safe and you chose not to wear one, THEN you are being inconsiderate jackass. Period. And if you think one of those premises are incorrect, then you should address the one that is incorrect. There are many justifiable reasons to not wear a mask, and, instead of putting on your big boy thinking cap, you shake your first at the world and yell about "muh freedom." 

I know, I know, FREEDOM, blah blah blah, we get it. How dare I ask you to show any signs of intelligence on a messageboard. That's tyrannical. Before you go all William Wallace, spend a few minutes removing your face paint and just try to be less stupid. Seriously. You're an embarrassment to those of us who have to argue with the idiot leftists on this board. It's hard enough without people like you becoming a caricature of the right. Go ahead and be an [BLEEP] if you want. You do you. Just have the balls to admit what you really are.

tl;dr and wouldn't even give you the satisfaction pretending that I did..

Haha, sure.

So it occurred to me today we are fast approaching our one year anniversary of 3 weeks to flatten the curve decree. What a crock of feces this ride it has been.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(03-07-2021, 09:21 PM)copycat Wrote: So it occurred to me today we are fast approaching our one year anniversary of  3 weeks to flatten the curve decree.  What a crock of feces this ride it has been.

It went from flatten the curve to flatten the middle class..

And HURRICANE wants the government to force everyone to wear masks.

(03-05-2021, 08:16 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-04-2021, 11:22 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: 108 illegal immigrants released by Border Patrol in Texas test positive for coronavirus, officials say | Fox News

...Migrant families who tested positive and spoke to that news organization at the bus station said they were waiting to travel to places such as Maryland and New Jersey. 

"On the way, we were wearing a mask all the time, gel, washing our hands," Eva Orellana, a 29-year-old from Honduras who came to the U.S. with her 3-year-old daughter, told Noticias Telemundo Investiga. 

She added that she was going to take a bus to North Carolina and had purchased tickets. 

"Really, I don't feel anything," she said. 

Miriam Izaguirre, a 35-year-old from Honduras who also tested positive, told Noticias Telemundo Investiga that she planned to travel by bus to Houston...

Obviously a person who has tested positive for coronavirus shouldn't be getting on a bus for 10-14 days, regardless of their immigration status. But do you really want police enforcing quarantines again?

Enforcing a quarantine on known positive tested people who are here illegally is very different than enforcing quarantine on the entire country. Don't be obtuse.

(03-06-2021, 08:07 PM)Jags Wrote: It took me a while to wear a mask in public.  Even though I’ll have a neck gaiter/ face shield on during work more often than not.  I’m a germaphobe.  So being told to... idk.  But I will say I’ll wear one in a store. An actual mask that is.   I do have old parents with underlying health issues I’d hate to infect.  I’d probably get paid well if they were not here.  But I’d rather have them here. That and the germaphobe in me doesn’t even want to get the common cold.  So whether it helps or not, idk.  I’d rather do it than find out I [BLEEP] a family member over.  So I guess for me, it’s erring on the side of caution.  More so for my loved ones.  If I was single and parent less, I’d probably say screw it.

This is me. Add to the high risk parentals and in-laws my husband who has nasty asthma and takes six months to get over a regular chest cold. I shudder to think of what Covid would do to him. If I was single I'd likely go mask free everywhere. As it is, my mom and husband and in-laws are pretty important to me so I wear the mask in stores and especially doctors offices.

(03-07-2021, 11:52 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(03-05-2021, 08:16 AM)mikesez Wrote: Obviously a person who has tested positive for coronavirus shouldn't be getting on a bus for 10-14 days, regardless of their immigration status. But do you really want police enforcing quarantines again?

Enforcing a quarantine on known positive tested people who are here illegally is very different than enforcing quarantine on the entire country. Don't be obtuse.

There's a difference of scale, yes.  But both are pretty impractical.  What are you going to do, post a cop outside their door? If you pick them off, the officer might catch Covid.  If you put them in jail, more officers and inmates might catch it.  It's not as simple as you want it to be.

I'm just in awe of how bad your arguments are sometimes. Like, it's almost impressive. It reminds me of watching a really, really bad movie. At first, I'm almost offended at how bad it is, but then I think to myself, is it this bad on purpose? I mean, the person who made this HAS to know how bad it is, right? So I just keep watching and the badness becomes comical. I even encourage my friends to watch. Like... bro, check this one out, you'll love it. Mikesez is a cult classic.

(03-07-2021, 09:21 PM)copycat Wrote: So it occurred to me today we are fast approaching our one year anniversary of  3 weeks to flatten the curve decree.  What a crock of feces this ride it has been.

I recall original estimates of approximately three months, not three weeks.  The rate of infection did level off after 4-5 months, but increased dramatically again in the fall.  Fortunately, we now have multiple vaccines available and the overall situation should steadily improve.

Crock of feces is a relative term.   How much worse would the effects of the virus have been without masks and/or shutdowns?  That's the big unknown, which will be debated by historians and economists forever.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(03-08-2021, 07:57 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-07-2021, 11:52 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Enforcing a quarantine on known positive tested people who are here illegally is very different than enforcing quarantine on the entire country. Don't be obtuse.

There's a difference of scale, yes.  But both are pretty impractical.  What are you going to do, post a cop outside their door? If you pick them off, the officer might catch Covid.  If you put them in jail, more officers and inmates might catch it.  It's not as simple as you want it to be.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fdirect.rhapsody.com%2Fi...f=1&nofb=1]

The bottom line here is that the Government has learned how to control it's citizens when it needs to. There has been zero punishment for the root cause of this thing. In fact, they are giving the Wuhan lab additional funding.

This was only a test run, and it worked much better than expected.

(03-08-2021, 08:49 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I'm just in awe of how bad your arguments are sometimes. Like, it's almost impressive. It reminds me of watching a really, really bad movie. At first, I'm almost offended at how bad it is, but then I think to myself, is it this bad on purpose? I mean, the person who made this HAS to know how bad it is, right? So I just keep watching and the badness becomes comical. I even encourage my friends to watch. Like... bro, check this one out, you'll love it. Mikesez is a cult classic.

You're outraged that these infected people plan to take a bus from Brownsville to Houston, but you'd be more than happy to force them onto a bus from Brownsville to Matamoros.  Biology and epidemiology isn't driving that decision making process, and yet you pretend otherwise.