Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

It's pretty ridiculous that people stopped going to Chinatown just because Covid originated in China. Like the folks there had anything to do with the virus. They own shops in MANHATTAN. They're not scientists in WUHAN. I imagine people kept buying their stuff Made in China.

The same goes for people targeting Asians because of the virus. If you want to target those responsible I suggest you go to Wuhan and air your grievances. Idiots.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-10-2021, 10:31 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: It's pretty ridiculous that people stopped going to Chinatown just because Covid originated in China. Like the folks there had anything to do with the virus. They own shops in MANHATTAN. They're not scientists in WUHAN. I imagine people kept buying their stuff Made in China.  

The same goes for people targeting Asians because of the virus. If you want to target those responsible I suggest you go to Wuhan and air your grievances. Idiots.

Is this really a thing?
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(03-10-2021, 10:31 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: It's pretty ridiculous that people stopped going to Chinatown just because Covid originated in China. Like the folks there had anything to do with the virus. They own shops in MANHATTAN. They're not scientists in WUHAN. I imagine people kept buying their stuff Made in China.  

That's not what happened.
Restaurants are just closed for dine in, governor's orders.  
Cart service (Dim sum) was part of the experience there, doesn't translate to take out.
The neighborhood overall may be getting gentrified.  Chinatown was actually growing the last time I visited, but everything in manhattan is in flux.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2021, 09:30 PM by americus 2.0.)

(03-10-2021, 10:43 PM)copycat Wrote:

Is this really a thing?

Yes.

(03-10-2021, 11:05 PM)mikesez Wrote:

That's not what happened.
Restaurants are just closed for dine in, governor's orders.  
Cart service (Dim sum) was part of the experience there, doesn't translate to take out.
The neighborhood overall may be getting gentrified.  Chinatown was actually growing the last time I visited, but everything in manhattan is in flux.

Did you even read the article?

I'm scheduled for my first vaccine shot tomorrow. The old lady is dusting off my life insurance policy. She seems almost...giddy.

(This post was last modified: 03-22-2021, 10:22 AM by RicoTx.)

I'm fully vaccinated as of this past Saturday.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(03-22-2021, 10:22 AM)RicoTx Wrote: I'm fully vaccinated as of this past Saturday.

Do you get a little embossed medallion to hang around your neck?

(03-22-2021, 10:28 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(03-22-2021, 10:22 AM)RicoTx Wrote: I'm fully vaccinated as of this past Saturday.

Do you get a little embossed medallion to hang around your neck?

A tattoo.

(03-22-2021, 10:42 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(03-22-2021, 10:28 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Do you get a little embossed medallion to hang around your neck?

A tattoo.

Did you go with the right hand or the forehead?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(03-22-2021, 11:29 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(03-22-2021, 10:42 AM)RicoTx Wrote: A tattoo.

Under the left eye.  I was going for the banger look.

(03-22-2021, 10:17 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I'm scheduled for my first vaccine shot tomorrow. The old lady is dusting off my life insurance policy. She seems almost...giddy.

It's different for everyone but for me it was just a bit of a fever, that's it. No worries.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

No shot for me today. CVS couldn’t or wouldn’t verify my retired military ID as proof of medical insurance so they can receive compensation for administering the shot. They wasted an hour and a half of my time giving me the runaround.

(03-23-2021, 12:56 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: No shot for me today. CVS couldn’t or wouldn’t verify my retired military ID as proof of medical insurance so they can receive compensation for administering the shot. They wasted an hour and a half of my time giving me the runaround.

Check with the base (NAS Jacksonville).  I believe they were sticking people, including retirees at the old Officer's Club across from the golf course.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(03-23-2021, 01:49 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(03-23-2021, 12:56 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: No shot for me today. CVS couldn’t or wouldn’t verify my retired military ID as proof of medical insurance so they can receive compensation for administering the shot. They wasted an hour and a half of my time giving me the runaround.

Check with the base (NAS Jacksonville).  I believe they were sticking people, including retirees at the old Officer's Club across from the golf course.

I checked online Sunday and it says only active personnel. 

I’m scheduled at Walgreens tomorrow. A retiree buddy of mine had no issue with them.

Weird, I didn't have to show anything like that.

(This post was last modified: 03-23-2021, 06:01 PM by NewJagsCity.)

(03-22-2021, 11:29 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(03-22-2021, 10:42 AM)RicoTx Wrote: A tattoo.

Any reference equating the Mark of the Beast with the vaccine as a potential biometric merits an automatic +1
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

I didn't want the vaccine, but since it was offered to us free of charge my wife and I decided to get it for one reason.  There is already chatter in the news about a "vaccine passport" in order to travel.  My parents are elderly and God forbid something happens where we have to travel back to New Mexico.  My brother-in-law is also not in the best of health so perhaps we might have to go up to Maryland.  I can put up with the nonsense "wearing a mask" requirement, but I refuse to be tested in order to board a flight.

With that being said, here is our experience with it.  We received the Pfizer vaccine which comes in two doses.  The first one was really no big deal, my wife and I just had "discomfort" the day after in that it felt like a bruise around where we got stuck.  After the second shot my wife had no issues, but it pretty much knocked me on my [BLEEP].  I had a fever of about 100.2, body aches, a terrible headache and all I wanted to do was sleep.  This lasted about a day then I felt roughly 90% myself.  I had no fever, but still felt very tired and groggy.  That feeling would come and go over a period of about 2 weeks.  Needless to say I won't be getting any more injections of that [BLEEP].

Getting the vaccine or not is a personal choice just like wearing a mask or not should be.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(03-22-2021, 10:17 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I'm scheduled for my first vaccine shot tomorrow. The old lady is dusting off my life insurance policy. She seems almost...giddy.

Covid is so much more difficult to prove.  Besides, why blow up a perfectly good boat?  

Got my first today in Jax Beach.  Federal walk-up site, twenty minute wait in line, five more for paperwork and done.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(03-23-2021, 05:59 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(03-22-2021, 11:29 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Did you go with the right hand or the forehead?

Any reference equating the Mark of the Beast with the vaccine as a potential biometric merits an automatic +1

You have no idea how active that line of reasoning is in certain communities around here.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

It made me laugh.