Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

Idiots

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

This is the America some of you want.

More insane police overreach in Melbourne. Guy put in handcuffs for being a few hundred metres from his home. Police say “he has no valid reason to be there” & “wasn’t wearing a face mask”. He says he was getting lunch & having a cigarette.
https://t.co/7iQvVDkUcg

(09-27-2021, 10:42 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: This is the America some of you want.

More insane police overreach in Melbourne. Guy put in handcuffs for being a few hundred metres from his home. Police say “he has no valid reason to be there” & “wasn’t wearing a face mask”. He says he was getting lunch & having a cigarette.

I don't think there's a single one of us here that want any such thing. Even the resident morons like Mikesez aren't endorsing such government overreach.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-27-2021, 12:45 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

I don't think there's a single one of us here that want any such thing. Even the resident morons like Mikesez aren't endorsing such government overreach.

At least not out loud…
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(09-27-2021, 01:17 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(09-27-2021, 12:45 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I don't think there's a single one of us here that want any such thing. Even the resident morons like Mikesez aren't endorsing such government overreach.

At least not out loud…

C'mon now, I don't think that's fair.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

What are you talking about, dude? You are firing 4% of your workforce because you can. Why is our government going to do better?

(09-27-2021, 02:31 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: What are you talking about, dude? You are firing 4% of your workforce because you can. Why is our government going to do better?

No, we're firing them because they refuse to take standard precautions to protect our patients and workforce. The same as we would if they refused to wear gloves in a procedure or take the flu shot. I know you don't understand or accept the need, but that's how healthcare works.

I would never advocate that the government arrest people for not taking the vaccine or any of the other things the Aussies are doing. I do advocate that private businesses set their own rules about how to handle it.

It's not a need. It's garbage science. You're not protecting your patients. You're marketing. Do you test all your workers every other day?

(09-27-2021, 02:38 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-27-2021, 02:31 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: What are you talking about, dude? You are firing 4% of your workforce because you can. Why is our government going to do better?

No, we're firing them because they refuse to take standard precautions to protect our patients and workforce. The same as we would if they refused to wear gloves in a procedure or take the flu shot. I know you don't understand or accept the need, but that's how healthcare works.

I would never advocate that the government arrest people for not taking the vaccine or any of the other things the Aussies are doing. I do advocate that private businesses set their own rules about how to handle it.

But you're not protecting anyone.

They can still shed the virus. The vaccine doesn't stop the virus, just the symptoms. A VERY important distinction.

(09-27-2021, 02:54 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(09-27-2021, 02:38 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: No, we're firing them because they refuse to take standard precautions to protect our patients and workforce. The same as we would if they refused to wear gloves in a procedure or take the flu shot. I know you don't understand or accept the need, but that's how healthcare works.

But you're not protecting anyone.

They can still shed the virus. The vaccine doesn't stop the virus, just the symptoms. A VERY important distinction.

This is still incorrect even though you keep saying it. They only do that if they have a breakthrough case which are still exceedingly rare. They are rare because the vaccine works.

(09-27-2021, 02:50 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: It's not a need. It's garbage science. You're not protecting your patients. You're marketing. Do you test all your workers every other day?

It's your opinion, but healthcare practice is not based on your opinion. At some point that's they way it is and that is where we are.

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2021, 03:11 PM by Lucky2Last. Edited 1 time in total.)

It's not my opinion. The vaccinated do shed the virus. Even if a breakthrough case is rare (which it isn't THAT rare), you aren't testing vaccinated. You don't care about your patients. You care about covering your [BLEEP], and you'll justify [BLEEP] on people to do so. Just like the government, except you're not getting ridiculously rich from it. It's not a far fall from where we are now to arresting people for being a couple hundred feet from their house. If it will save one person, the ends justify the means, no?

This is the closest you'll probably get to Mikesez. You believe in the system, and you're stubbornly doubling down, even though the data doesn't support your position.

(09-27-2021, 03:11 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: It's not my opinion. The vaccinated do shed the virus. Even if a breakthrough case is rare (which it isn't THAT rare), you aren't testing vaccinated. You don't care about your patients. You care about covering your [BLEEP], and you'll justify [BLEEP] on people to do so. Just like the government, except you're not getting ridiculously rich from it. It's not a far fall from where we are now to arresting people for being a couple hundred feet from their house. If it will save one person, the ends justify the means, no?

This is the closest you'll probably get to Mikesez. You believe in the system, and you're stubbornly doubling down, even though the data doesn't support your position.

Yeah sure, we don't care. What an absurdity.

(09-27-2021, 03:11 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: It's not my opinion. The vaccinated do shed the virus. Even if a breakthrough case is rare (which it isn't THAT rare), you aren't testing vaccinated. You don't care about your patients. You care about covering your [BLEEP], and you'll justify [BLEEP] on people to do so. Just like the government, except you're not getting ridiculously rich from it. It's not a far fall from where we are now to arresting people for being a couple hundred feet from their house. If it will save one person, the ends justify the means, no?

This is the closest you'll probably get to Mikesez.
You believe in the system, and you're stubbornly doubling down, even though the data doesn't support your position.
And this is the closest you'll get to Ronster so what's your point? lol

I know you don't want to fire those people. I'm not saying you're heartless. Cops don't want to arrest protesters in Australia. You're just doing your job, right?

The point is that hospitals care more about their bottom line than you do about your employees. If you REALLY cared first and foremost about the patients, you would be testing everyone every other day. That's what the science suggest. Is it too hard? Is it too expensive. Doesn't really matter to me; I just know it's not being done, and it would be if the point was to protect patients at all costs. You know this, which is why you don't really debate this anymore. It's really about marketing. You wouldn't let a surgeon perform a surgery without washing their hands because you would be held negligible, and the public wouldn't want to visit your practice anymore. Makes sense. Except this isn't the same thing at all. You guys don't want to have to explain to an uninformed public and hyper partisan media why you didn't require the vaccine. You're too chicken. Meanwhile, your patients can be repeatedly exposed to covid by your vaccinated employees. Brilliant.

Where my wife works, the vaccinated do not need to be tested. They do not need to inform work when a family member gets Covid. They don't need to quarantine or test themselves during that time period. That's absurd. The vaccinated do have breakthroughs, probably at a higher rate than reported because we DON'T TEST THE VACCINATED. There's a bunch of asymptomatic carriers of the virus that get to go completely unchecked.

(09-27-2021, 03:36 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:

This is the closest you'll probably get to Mikesez.
You believe in the system, and you're stubbornly doubling down, even though the data doesn't support your position.
And this is the closest you'll get to Ronster so what's your point? lol

Post any data Cleatwood. I dare you. I've not posted one piece of information from a right-wing site. Every single thing I've posted here is an actual study from a legitimate site. When I've questioned a study, it's about methodology flaws or bias. I've watched hundreds of hours of videos on this virus and spent about as much time reading papers. If you cared to look back in this thread, you will find I have been right about everything I've posted here, with the exception of ADE (jury's still out, and I hope the scientists did their job). I'm beginning to feel optimistic about the future of this vaccine, but I still feel like we're another year or two out before we can give it the degree of confidence Big Pharma had when it first came out. If you want, you can quibble if Big Pharma just really cares about us little guys, but you'd be a fool to take that position. 

FSG is wrong for firing those employees. Period. I call him out for it, because someone needs to. This is one of the few issues that I feel strongly about.

(09-27-2021, 03:46 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(09-27-2021, 03:36 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: And this is the closest you'll get to Ronster so what's your point? lol

Post any data Cleatwood. I dare you. I've not posted one piece of information from a right-wing site. Every single thing I've posted here is an actual study from a legitimate site. When I've questioned a study, it's about methodology flaws or bias. I've watched hundreds of hours of videos on this virus and spent about as much time reading papers. If you cared to look back in this thread, you will find I have been right about everything I've posted here, with the exception of ADE (jury's still out, and I hope the scientists did their job). I'm beginning to feel optimistic about the future of this vaccine, but I still feel like we're another year or two out before we can give it the degree of confidence Big Pharma had when it first came out. If you want, you can quibble if Big Pharma just really cares about us little guys, but you'd be a fool to take that position. 

FSG is wrong for firing those employees. Period. I call him out for it, because someone needs to. This is one of the few issues that I feel strongly about.

No, it's best for the reasons stated. There is no right to the job and if you refuse the requirements then you don't work there. A tiny minority has an issue with this and they can make their choice, that's their right. My job is to provide every employee a safe environment, and that includes vaccination.

(09-27-2021, 06:11 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-27-2021, 03:46 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Post any data Cleatwood. I dare you. I've not posted one piece of information from a right-wing site. Every single thing I've posted here is an actual study from a legitimate site. When I've questioned a study, it's about methodology flaws or bias. I've watched hundreds of hours of videos on this virus and spent about as much time reading papers. If you cared to look back in this thread, you will find I have been right about everything I've posted here, with the exception of ADE (jury's still out, and I hope the scientists did their job). I'm beginning to feel optimistic about the future of this vaccine, but I still feel like we're another year or two out before we can give it the degree of confidence Big Pharma had when it first came out. If you want, you can quibble if Big Pharma just really cares about us little guys, but you'd be a fool to take that position. 

No, it's best for the reasons stated. There is no right to the job and if you refuse the requirements then you don't work there. A tiny minority has an issue with this and they can make their choice, that's their right. My job is to provide every employee a safe environment, and that includes vaccination.

I must (somewhat) agree with FSG on this.  While I don't agree with "mandates", if getting the vaccine is a job requirement that's it.

I'm probably going to have to let one of my best employees go because he refuses to take the vaccine.  Him, his wife and their children have all had and recovered from the China virus so they have "natural immunity".  In my opinion, and I am most certainly not a medical professional, there is no reason for them to take the vaccine.

However, regardless of my opinion, rules are rules.  I hate to let the guy go, and I certainly respect his point-of-view, but rules are rules.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(09-27-2021, 03:46 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(09-27-2021, 03:36 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: And this is the closest you'll get to Ronster so what's your point? lol

No one “needs” to call him out because it doesn’t concern you. You just like to try and “educate” people when they don’t ask for it (like your neighbor).

His place of employment doesn’t concern you.

lastonealive will be along to defend this. (checks watch) Any minute now. You just wait.

I assume we are doing well if healthcare workers are being fired and replaced with national guard members.