Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(06-15-2022, 04:57 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Oh the irony of it all.......

Dr. Fauci tests positive for COVID-19, experiencing 'mild symptoms'

Dr. Anthony Fauci is experiencing 'mild symptoms' after contracting COVID-19

Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, tested positive for COVID-19, according to a statement on Wednesday from the National Institutes of Health.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/facui-tests-p...d-symptoms

He has mild symptoms probably because he got vaccinated.  That's one of the benefits of vaccination.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-16-2022, 07:26 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(06-15-2022, 04:57 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Oh the irony of it all.......

Dr. Fauci tests positive for COVID-19, experiencing 'mild symptoms'

Dr. Anthony Fauci is experiencing 'mild symptoms' after contracting COVID-19

Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, tested positive for COVID-19, according to a statement on Wednesday from the National Institutes of Health.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/facui-tests-p...d-symptoms

He has mild symptoms probably because he got vaccinated.  That's one of the benefits of vaccination.

Which was my experience. Ironically, I’m getting ready to test my wife for COVID with an at-home kit. She’s called in sick today (a rarity for her) and is feeling some moderate to strong symptoms like body and head aches along with some congestion.

I just went through it. My whole family caught it. It definitely felt abnormal as far as sicknesses go, but none of us got seriously sick. Day or two of fever and the runs, followed by a few days of on and off sweats, then about two weeks of being tired.

My FIL had it last week. He was laid out for 4 days and is just now getting his strength back.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I had body aches and slight congestion for a couple of days, which was alleviated by DayQuil and 400mg of ibuprofen, and a small cough for the next two. By the fifth day I was almost back to normal.

With all the people I have been around, and crowded places I have gone to, in the last few months, it's a miracle I haven't caught it (knock on wood). I am thoroughly vaccinated, so maybe that is contributing some resistance to it.

Covid is coming back in my area. My MIL, mom and several families we know have tested positive in the last 48 hours. My mom is having mild symptoms but my MIL is feeling quite bad. Me and hubby are staying away from church this weekend and won't be spending Father's Day with our respective dads. 

I've said from the beginning of this crap- Covid is the new flu.

Pretty odd that it’s making a resurgence when the weather is warm and more people are outside.

(06-17-2022, 02:12 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Covid is coming back in my area. My MIL, mom and several families we know have tested positive in the last 48 hours. My mom is having mild symptoms but my MIL is feeling quite bad. Me and hubby are staying away from church this weekend and won't be spending Father's Day with our respective dads. 

I've said from the beginning of this crap- Covid is the new flu.

Run over to Tennessee and get some otc meds that will really help.

(06-17-2022, 02:19 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Pretty odd that it’s making a resurgence when the weather is warm and more people are outside.

People are traveling, sinus infections from being outside, etc.

(06-17-2022, 02:19 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Pretty odd that it’s making a resurgence when the weather is warm and more people are outside.

My impression is that people are returning to pre-Covid behavior.  Social distancing is out, masks are rarely seen, and Covid is still around, so naturally, we have a resurgence.

Enjoy that reduced sperm count.

https://mobile.twitter.com/disclosetv/st...6247777282

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

Lower sperm count isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Fresh hell. A woman came to church last Sunday knowing she had the 'rona and that's why people are getting it. She actually called my in-laws crying and apologizing for what she did. My mom and stepdad sit in the row in front of her and that's how my mom got it. I hope she called my mom and apologized to her too. 

What is wrong with people?! I would never do that.

(This post was last modified: 06-20-2022, 02:29 AM by NewJagsCity. Edited 5 times in total.)

(06-19-2022, 02:45 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Enjoy that reduced sperm count.

It screwed up my daughters breast feeding output for our then 2 month old grandson. Practically dried her up. She was fine before then. This has been reported quite a lot by nursing mothers. She was another of those providers (Nurse Pract) who was compelled to take the jab or lose her job. She didnt get her normal output back till 2 months later.  My spouse (Physician Asst) just ignored her companys mandate and they never called her on it. They didn't want to obey the gov mandate and just didn't push it. Only required weekly testing. They dropped that weekly testing back in Feb 2022 as they saw that the vaccine really wasn't preventing transmission.  Medical providers and hospitals could have and did indeed push back against this. Only the weak [BLEEP] companies that were so afraid of lawsuits just caved to the gov. The book on this vaccine isn't finished yet. We aren't going to know the whole picture until we are down the road a few years. I just hope that if it can be proven that this vaccine caused some of the issues being observed today, that pharma, hospitals, medical providers and goverment get thier assets sued off and that individual people pay for it by losing THIER jobs. That's my hope, but realistically, I know it will never happen.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(06-20-2022, 02:23 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(06-19-2022, 02:45 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Enjoy that reduced sperm count.

It screwed up my daughters breast feeding output for our then 2 month old grandson. Practically dried her up. She was fine before then. This has been reported quite a lot by nursing mothers. She was another of those providers (Nurse Pract) who was compelled to take the jab or lose her job. She didnt get her normal output back till 2 months later.  My spouse (Physician Asst) just ignored her companys mandate and they never called her on it. They didn't want to obey the gov mandate and just didn't push it. Only required weekly testing. They dropped that weekly testing back in Feb 2022 as they saw that the vaccine really wasn't preventing transmission.  Medical providers and hospitals could have and did indeed push back against this. Only the weak [BLEEP] companies that were so afraid of lawsuits just caved to the gov. The book on this vaccine isn't finished yet. We aren't going to know the whole picture until we are down the road a few years. I just hope that if it can be proven that this vaccine caused some of the issues being observed today, that pharma, hospitals, medical providers and goverment get thier assets sued off and that individual people pay for it by losing THIER jobs. That's my hope, but realistically, I know it will never happen.
Unfortunately there is a reason that none of the vaccines are FDA approved. Pfizer has come out and finally admitted they will never manufacture the approved vaccine. Everything else is EUA only.

You can't sue anyone as they freely took it. They only thing you could possibly do is sue the companies for fraud or a larger conspiracy with the FDA, CDC, etc.

When you hide from liability you know it's not on the up and up.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

(06-19-2022, 08:26 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Fresh hell. A woman came to church last Sunday knowing she had the 'rona and that's why people are getting it. She actually called my in-laws crying and apologizing for what she did. My mom and stepdad sit in the row in front of her and that's how my mom got it. I hope she called my mom and apologized to her too. 

People are [BLEEP] holes. Plain and simple [BLEEP] holes.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(06-20-2022, 04:04 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(06-20-2022, 02:23 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: It screwed up my daughters breast feeding output for our then 2 month old grandson. Practically dried her up. She was fine before then. This has been reported quite a lot by nursing mothers. She was another of those providers (Nurse Pract) who was compelled to take the jab or lose her job. She didnt get her normal output back till 2 months later.  My spouse (Physician Asst) just ignored her companys mandate and they never called her on it. They didn't want to obey the gov mandate and just didn't push it. Only required weekly testing. They dropped that weekly testing back in Feb 2022 as they saw that the vaccine really wasn't preventing transmission.  Medical providers and hospitals could have and did indeed push back against this. Only the weak [BLEEP] companies that were so afraid of lawsuits just caved to the gov. The book on this vaccine isn't finished yet. We aren't going to know the whole picture until we are down the road a few years. I just hope that if it can be proven that this vaccine caused some of the issues being observed today, that pharma, hospitals, medical providers and goverment get thier assets sued off and that individual people pay for it by losing THIER jobs. That's my hope, but realistically, I know it will never happen.
Unfortunately there is a reason that none of the vaccines are FDA approved. Pfizer has come out and finally admitted they will never manufacture the approved vaccine. Everything else is EUA only.

You can't sue anyone as they freely took it. They only thing you could possibly do is sue the companies for fraud or a larger conspiracy with the FDA, CDC, etc.

When you hide from liability you know it's not on the up and up the Country is full of litigious fruitcakes who will sue for every real or perceived grievance they have against your company so you take steps to mitigate them.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

FTFY.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-22-2022, 01:25 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(06-19-2022, 08:26 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Fresh hell. A woman came to church last Sunday knowing she had the 'rona and that's why people are getting it. She actually called my in-laws crying and apologizing for what she did. My mom and stepdad sit in the row in front of her and that's how my mom got it. I hope she called my mom and apologized to her too. 

People are [BLEEP] holes. Plain and simple [BLEEP] holes.

Chemical Warfare

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

I agree.  I personally, throughout the “pandemic” knew no one with it.  I never got it.  2020 and 2021 I never had it and knew very few with it.  Fast forward to 2022 and my whole family, everyone I know and seemingly half or more of my clients have all gotten it.  To the lamen, you’d think this was the pandemic.  Not 2020.  All I have to say… it is curious to say the least.

It doesn't help when they know they have it and go out and about anyway. My stepdad has it now but that's not surprising given my mom just had it.

I wonder if employers are still making people stay home for X amount of days if they test positive. My husband's employer still makes them take their temperature and record it every time they go to work. If they have symptoms they're required to test for Covid and if they test positive they're staying home for 5 days and they have to test negative before they return. That's local government for you.