Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(08-18-2022, 03:43 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Well, you're wrong again, I guess.

It didn't kill millions of young, healthy people, and anyone in that category doesn't need to feel "lucky" to be alive. 93% of all Covid deaths occurred in people over the age of 55, and a VAST majority of people under that age had serious comorbidities, but you know that. What you don't know is the degree to which the vaccine is effective in the healthy population because that data hasn't been given to us. But continue to preach. Maybe you can bring this heathen into the fold.

Leading cause of death in 45-54 year olds in 2021. 

"For those aged 35-44, COVID-19 increased from the fifth leading cause of death in 2020 to the second in 2021. It also became the fourth leading cause of death for 25- to 34-year-olds and 15- to 24-year-olds in 2021." - JAMA Internal Medicine, July 2022 Edition.

Now, I'm sure you'll have to tear apart why the doctors are wrong and you aren't, because you just can't help yourself, but that's beside the point. You caught something that could've really messed you up and I'm glad it didn't. It's weird that you are compelled to argue that with me.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It didn't kill millions of young, healthy people, and anyone in that category doesn't need to feel "lucky" to be alive. 93% of all Covid deaths occurred in people over the age of 55, and a VAST majority of people under that age had serious comorbidities, but you know that. What you don't know is the degree to which the vaccine is effective in the healthy population because that data hasn't been given to us. But continue to preach. Maybe you can bring this heathen into the fold.
Maybe you should ask to meet him in person like you did Mike….

You start dying the moment you are conceived. True story.

The first time I heard that I had to think about it for a long time because it made no sense.

(This post was last modified: 08-18-2022, 06:07 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-18-2022, 05:07 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: You start dying the moment you are conceived. True story.

The first time I heard that I had to think about it for a long time because it made no sense.

This is your life, and it’s ending one minute at a time.  
[Image: edward-norton-fight-club.gif]

(This post was last modified: 08-18-2022, 06:53 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-18-2022, 05:07 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: You start dying the moment you are conceived. True story.

True, but it's also true that you grow and improve until age 18-20. You then peak and start the long, slow descent to death, the devolution. Assuming you aren't engaging in self-destructive behaviour prior to that. Can't fight the 2nd law of thermodynamics.

https://fs.blog/entropy/
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(08-18-2022, 06:52 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(08-18-2022, 05:07 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: You start dying the moment you are conceived. True story.

True, but it's also true that you grow and improve until age 18-20. You then peak and start the long, slow descent to death, the devolution. Assuming you aren't engaging in self-destructive behaviour prior to that. Can't fight the 2nd law of thermodynamics.

I turned 50 this year and am too familiar with the downhill. It sucks.

(This post was last modified: 08-18-2022, 08:43 PM by mikesez. Edited 2 times in total.)

(08-18-2022, 06:52 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:

It's even more depressing than that.
There are many mismatches between when our minds and bodies peak as males and females.
If we go by hormones, 16 year old males should be impregnating 30 year old females. 
But if we go by stability of personality and brain maturity level, no one should have sex until age 25.  
Of course society would never accept either arrangement.
By age 25 the ability to learn and form lasting memories begins to decline.  It is never lost, but it gets harder.
The distance someone can jump is a good measure of their strength to weight ratio.  Even though girls aren't done growing at age 12, this is typically where their jumping distance is the furthest.  So by this measurement, a girl is already declining at age 13.  Meanwhile a boy's jumping distance continues to increase until age 18.
But now for good news.
Even though learning gets slower, it's not until very old age that you begin to forget things faster than you can learn them.  The accumulation of knowledge is real.  And just because a memory of a day might not be very meaningful for you when you are older, it could be very meaningful for a young person that you share part of that day with.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(08-18-2022, 04:48 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

Leading cause of death in 45-54 year olds in 2021. 

"For those aged 35-44, COVID-19 increased from the fifth leading cause of death in 2020 to the second in 2021. It also became the fourth leading cause of death for 25- to 34-year-olds and 15- to 24-year-olds in 2021." - JAMA Internal Medicine, July 2022 Edition.

Now, I'm sure you'll have to tear apart why the doctors are wrong and you aren't, because you just can't help yourself, but that's beside the point. You caught something that could've really messed you up and I'm glad it didn't. It's weird that you are compelled to argue that with me.

Misleading statistics. You had to use that data because the obvious and most compelling data isn't available. Wonder why? Driving can really mess you up, too. You're don't credit seatbelts every time you make it home alive. 

And I would happily meet FSG. I'm sure we'd get along fine.

The treatment protocol probably killed more people than it saved

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

(08-18-2022, 09:23 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(08-18-2022, 04:48 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Leading cause of death in 45-54 year olds in 2021. 

Misleading statistics. You had to use that data because the obvious and most compelling data isn't available. Wonder why? Driving can really mess you up, too. You're don't credit seatbelts every time you make it home alive. 

And I would happily meet FSG. I'm sure we'd get along fine.

Lol, of course.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 08-19-2022, 08:40 AM by Lucky2Last. Edited 2 times in total.)

...says the guy who can't provide any real data. None of those statistics give us any information that is useful. We know the first wave of Covid and Omicron killed people across all age groups. Am I suggesting otherwise?

What we don't know is the degree that the vaccine actually helped healthy, young adults. Stop pretending like I'm some kind of conspiracy theorist and just admit you can't give that data because it doesn't exist. Which is why you are reduced to snark. It should be easy to show me. It's a simple request.

(08-19-2022, 08:37 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: ...says the guy who can't provide any real data. None of those statistics give us any information that is useful. We know the first wave of Covid and Omicron killed people across all age groups. Am I suggesting otherwise?

What we don't know is the degree that the vaccine actually helped healthy, young adults. Stop pretending like I'm some kind of conspiracy theorist and just admit you can't give that data because it doesn't exist. Which is why you are reduced to snark. It should be easy to show me. It's a simple request.

Not one thing you're saying has anything to do with what I said. You're so intent on discrediting the government, Big Pharm, and health care in general that you fail to see my point. I have not said one thing about the vaccine, the unvaccinated, treatments, or anything else. I merely said that as a person who contracted it and came through it ok you might consider that you are fortunate because many others did not. For some reason you've turned that into another pissing contest about your platform just so you can say "It wasn't gonna kill me anyway." Then when I say, well, it sure killed a bunch of other people like you so you gotta start with this "SHOW ME THE NUMBERS" crap. Then I show you JAMA and it's "THAT'S NOT REAL DATA!!!" and I am just not trying to be in an endless competition with you.

(This post was last modified: 08-19-2022, 09:13 AM by KingIngram052787.)

File this under things we didn't already know, but at least they're admitting it (after wasting billions of federal dollars):

CDC director announces shake-up, citing COVID mistakes
https://apnews.com/article/covid-science...f7f5f0d30d

(08-19-2022, 09:13 AM)KingIngram052787 Wrote: File this under things we didn't already know, but at least they're admitting it (after wasting billions of federal dollars):

Good deal. Unfortunately they’re also using this shakeup as the reason for pushing the Monkeypox virus to the public while (intentionally?) failing to emphasize that 93% of infections are among men who engaged in gay sex.

(08-19-2022, 09:37 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(08-19-2022, 09:13 AM)KingIngram052787 Wrote: File this under things we didn't already know, but at least they're admitting it (after wasting billions of federal dollars):

Good deal. Unfortunately they’re also using this shakeup as the reason for pushing the Monkeypox virus to the public while (intentionally?) failing to emphasize that 93% of infections are among men who engaged in gay sex.

Yes, they love to tap dance around that little factoid.

(08-19-2022, 08:55 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-19-2022, 08:37 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: ...says the guy who can't provide any real data. None of those statistics give us any information that is useful. We know the first wave of Covid and Omicron killed people across all age groups. Am I suggesting otherwise?

Not one thing you're saying has anything to do with what I said. You're so intent on discrediting the government, Big Pharm, and health care in general that you fail to see my point. I have not said one thing about the vaccine, the unvaccinated, treatments, or anything else. I merely said that as a person who contracted it and came through it ok you might consider that you are fortunate because many others did not. For some reason you've turned that into another pissing contest about your platform just so you can say "It wasn't gonna kill me anyway." Then when I say, well, it sure killed a bunch of other people like you so you gotta start with this "SHOW ME THE NUMBERS" crap. Then I show you JAMA and it's "THAT'S NOT REAL DATA!!!" and I am just not trying to be in an endless competition with you.

I didn't say it's not real data. I said it was misleading data, especially as it pertains to our discussion. More appropriately, it's meaningless data. It doesn't address anything we are talking about except to show that certain people die from this disease. I AM NOT SUGGESTING OTHERWISE. However, I don't fall into a high-risk group, and neither do most living humans. As far as I know, HB doesn't fall into that category, either. 

Do young, healthy people die? Sure, but it's really, really rare... at least .02%, and that's with bad data. Young people with comorbidities die at a higher rate, especially those who are overweight with other complications. The vaccine probably helps with that. Old people die, especially ones with comorbidities. The vaccine probably helps with that. How much does the vaccine help young, healthy people with no comorbidities? You can't tell me. You don't know. We SHOULD know, but we don't. They haven't collected that data, or, if they have, they haven't released it. 

Also, stop pretending like your comment was based in genuine existentialism. It wasn't. It's a snarky comment that is trying to suggest that I'm lucky. I'm not. The statistics don't even come close to suggesting that a young, healthy person should be afraid of Covid. Do you thank your lucky stars every time you make it home from shooting your firearm or going hunting? Would you give someone the time of day if they suggested you should reflect on your good fortune for making it home alive? What if you asked for statistics to show why you should be concerned about getting shot at a gun range, and they posted data showing the total number of gun suicides. Lol. That's you. 

You have seen first-hand the devastating affects this has had on an at-risk population, and you've seen a few young, healthy people thrown in the mix, and your brain can't disassociate. You are emotionally involved. That's all. Sorry you've had to endure that, but you should be with me, demanding actual good data from our government, not just drinking the Kool-Aid because you've had to watch a lot of people at the hospital die. 

I am not in competition with you, btw. I just think you aren't rational in this area, and I'm not going to back down to your rhetoric.

(This post was last modified: 08-19-2022, 09:58 AM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-19-2022, 09:37 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:

All coincidence. Homo sex never hurt or killed anyone. It's perfectly normal. Even a 5 year old can do it.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Also, let me throw an olive branch: Maybe the comment wasn't snarky. Maybe you genuinely believe I am lucky. I'm not, and that's my point. You don't get lucky when your success rate is over 99%.

She’s so full of [BLEEP], before the vax it was the same, some got it worse than others. It was the treatments that killed people and now the vax. American medicine is a joke now. Medical schools are a joke now.

Let’s take a look at the government’s propaganda mouthpiece’s before and after videos. These clowns think everyone is as stupid as they are.

https://youtu.be/_7ChXpwHdOY

https://youtu.be/4Km0g6qpui8
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

In memory of those who 'died suddenly' in the United States, August 8

Comedian Teddy Ray; TV actress Denise Dowse; John Engen, 5-term major of Missoula, MT; poet John Longenbach; three student football players; three Amazon workers; and all too many more

https://markcrispinmiller.substack.com/p...ddenly-4f6
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"