Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(03-05-2023, 10:23 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-04-2023, 03:46 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Can you post proof of that reason for suppression, please?

I remember reading it back before the lock downs even started.
I also remember reading from our government, at the time, that it did not matter if it was a lab leak or natural, that our reaction to the pandemic would be the same regardless.  And that rings true to me.  No one is saying the Chinese scientists meant to do it.  China was affected more than any other country almost.  They didn't mean to.  It was either man's accident or nature's accident.  
I guess some of you think it wasnt an accident.  If you think a guy like Fauci could use Chinese virus experts as stooges in a scheme to infect the world just to hurt Trump and the Republican party, and that not only China and the US but 200 other uninvolved and uninterested countries would temporarily rearrange their entire economies around it, well, I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on Apollo 11 next.

Nice run on sentence. *fistbump*

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Nice run-on, untrue sentence. I love how these guys are constantly gaslit.

(03-06-2023, 12:20 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Nice run-on, untrue sentence. I love how these guys are constantly gaslit.

Sorry it was so long.  Which part was false?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

I had no issues saying it might be an intentional act of biowarfare.
I had no issues saying it might have been a man-made accident.
I had no issues saying it might've been a naturally occurring viral mutation.

I do think the public response to an announcement of an act of bio-war would've changed the public response to the mitigation efforts though. Of course there's some nuts out there who legitimately think that China, Fauci, Gates, Pfizer, the Dems, Trump, Biden, and the US Federal Government are all colluding to wipe out mankind, but those really are few and far between. Most people would do what they could to help out if it was framed differently.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

The question everyone should be asking is why Fauci would even care about that.

(03-09-2023, 01:30 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: The question everyone should be asking is why Fauci would even care about that.

I think every skeptical mind knows why.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(This post was last modified: 03-18-2023, 12:17 PM by WingerDinger.)

https://twitter.com/mtaibbi/status/16367...Ezqaw&s=19

The lastest Twitter Files..

https://twitter.com/iheartmindy/status/1...eGHAg&s=19
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(03-15-2023, 09:06 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: https://twitter.com/SpeakerMcCarthy/stat...OZsnw&s=19

Someone refresh my memory of how our government works.  Does the Speaker of the House sign legislation?

(03-18-2023, 03:25 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(03-15-2023, 09:06 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: https://twitter.com/SpeakerMcCarthy/stat...OZsnw&s=19

Someone refresh my memory of how our government works.  Does the Speaker of the House sign legislation?

I don't know.. Best to keep your mask on though, just in case..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Lol. The amount of lies in that video from the "experts"...

COVID vaccine fatigue: Study explores why many are refusing booster shots
COVID burnout may be very real as declining vaccinations reflect a lack of trust, researchers found

As the world continues to move toward a post-pandemic life — and as the World Health Organization (WHO) recently predicted that COVID-19 will end in 2023 as a public health emergency — Americans may have reached a state of "vaccine fatigue," data suggests.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/covid-vac...ster-shots
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

FL Surgeon General duped people with his anti-vaccine take. Of course I'm sure this won't dissuade any one at this point, but it's good to get the truth out.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/health/202...blems-men/

Matt Hitchings, an infectious disease epidemiologist and professor of biostatistics at the University of Florida, said it seems that sections of the analysis were omitted because they did not fit the narrative the surgeon general[b] [/b]wanted to push. “This is a grave violation of research integrity,” Hitchings said. “(The vaccine) has done a lot to advance the health of people of Florida and he’s encouraging people to mistrust it.”
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 04-12-2023, 08:42 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 3 times in total.)

(04-12-2023, 04:45 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: FL Surgeon General duped people with his anti-vaccine take. Of course I'm sure this won't dissuade any one at this point, but it's good to get the truth out.

Matt Hitchings, an infectious disease epidemiologist and professor of biostatistics at the University of Florida, said it seems that sections of the analysis were omitted because they did not fit the narrative the surgeon general[b] [/b]wanted to push. “This is a grave violation of research integrity,” Hitchings said. “(The vaccine) has done a lot to advance the health of people of Florida and he’s encouraging people to mistrust it.”

It's good that this is coming out. It shows that data of all kinds was wrongly suppressed, both by government and pharma, to fit whatever narrative either side was pushing. That said, IMHO, it was still wrong to mandate vaccines and hold people's jobs as hostage if they didn't comply. Please understand that this is not directed at you, or anyone else that had to comply with orders coming down from above. We've all done things in the work force that we might not have liked or agreed with, but had to do in order to keep being employed. My distaste is directed at the government and health officials who enacted the policy.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(04-12-2023, 08:30 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(04-12-2023, 04:45 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: FL Surgeon General duped people with his anti-vaccine take. Of course I'm sure this won't dissuade any one at this point, but it's good to get the truth out.

It's good that this is coming out.  It shows that data of all kinds was wrongly suppressed, both by government and pharma, to fit whatever narrative either side was pushing.  That said, IMHO, it was still wrong to mandate vaccines and hold people's jobs as hostage if they didn't comply.  Please understand that this is not directed at you, or anyone else that had to comply with orders coming down from above.  We've all done things in the work force that we might not have liked or agreed with, but had to do in order to keep being employed.  My distaste is directed at the government and health officials who enacted the policy.

It was right to mandate that front line workers such as police and fire, doctors and nurses, get the vax.  But hospital organizations applied it to their accountants and librarians too.  No matter what the right thing to do is, someone somewhere will push it too far.  
My bigger concern is if some of these DOH shenanigans are going to take some of the bloom off of the DeSantis for President rose.  DeSantis definitely orchestrated this one, along with the emergency orders banning puberty blockers that DOH put out.

(04-12-2023, 08:49 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-12-2023, 08:30 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: It's good that this is coming out.  It shows that data of all kinds was wrongly suppressed, both by government and pharma, to fit whatever narrative either side was pushing.  That said, IMHO, it was still wrong to mandate vaccines and hold people's jobs as hostage if they didn't comply.  Please understand that this is not directed at you, or anyone else that had to comply with orders coming down from above.  We've all done things in the work force that we might not have liked or agreed with, but had to do in order to keep being employed.  My distaste is directed at the government and health officials who enacted the policy.

It was right to mandate that front line workers such as police and fire, doctors and nurses, get the vax.  But hospital organizations applied it to their accountants and librarians too.  No matter what the right thing to do is, someone somewhere will push it too far.  
My bigger concern is if some of these DOH shenanigans are going to take some of the bloom off of the DeSantis for President rose.  DeSantis definitely orchestrated this one, along with the emergency orders banning puberty blockers that DOH put out.

What is your thing with puberty blockers? Honest question.

(This post was last modified: 04-12-2023, 09:43 PM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-12-2023, 09:00 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(04-12-2023, 08:49 PM)mikesez Wrote: It was right to mandate that front line workers such as police and fire, doctors and nurses, get the vax.  But hospital organizations applied it to their accountants and librarians too.  No matter what the right thing to do is, someone somewhere will push it too far.  

Part of it is my worldview, as stated, that things usually get pushed too far once society gets moving on an issue.  I look for that in each issue, "what is the one way that each side would push this too far if they could?" On the transgender issue, for the left, there are many answers.  Talking to kids about it at all when they don't have questions.  Letting kids who are not old enough to get a tattoo endure puberty outside of their biological gender is the most obvious case of the left pushing things too far.  

A good liberal knows that parents are an undue influence when it comes to 16 year old girls deciding if they want to get married.  Yet they turn a blind eye to parents taking their 12 year old kids to the doctor's office asking to help their kid who has a vagina get a deep voice and facial hair to be like the other boys.  

For the right, it's maybe refusing to answer a kid's honest and age appropriate questions about any of this at all, or perhaps it's banning puberty blockers.  

Conservatism means keeping things the same.  Last year, any doctor could prescribe puberty blockers and hormones to any person in any state.  Today no one is conservative on this issue.  You either want more doctors and more people involved in this, or you want no one at all involved in it.  Any movement on any issue, I instinctively suspect as an overreaction.

(04-12-2023, 09:00 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(04-12-2023, 08:49 PM)mikesez Wrote: It was right to mandate that front line workers such as police and fire, doctors and nurses, get the vax.  But hospital organizations applied it to their accountants and librarians too.  No matter what the right thing to do is, someone somewhere will push it too far.  

Maybe his balls only dropped in his mid 20s