Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(04-12-2023, 09:32 PM)StrayaJag Wrote:
(04-12-2023, 09:00 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: What is your thing with puberty blockers? Honest question.

Maybe his balls only dropped in his mid 20s

I was actually the first in my friend group to get the voice change but thanks for playing...
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-12-2023, 04:45 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: FL Surgeon General duped people with his anti-vaccine take. Of course I'm sure this won't dissuade any one at this point, but it's good to get the truth out.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/health/202...blems-men/

Matt Hitchings, an infectious disease epidemiologist and professor of biostatistics at the University of Florida, said it seems that sections of the analysis were omitted because they did not fit the narrative the surgeon general[b] [/b]wanted to push. “This is a grave violation of research integrity,” Hitchings said. “(The vaccine) has done a lot to advance the health of people of Florida and he’s encouraging people to mistrust it.”

So, before I tackle this article, how many "facts" need to be wrong or questionable before you dismiss it?

(04-12-2023, 10:31 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(04-12-2023, 04:45 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: FL Surgeon General duped people with his anti-vaccine take. Of course I'm sure this won't dissuade any one at this point, but it's good to get the truth out.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/health/202...blems-men/

Matt Hitchings, an infectious disease epidemiologist and professor of biostatistics at the University of Florida, said it seems that sections of the analysis were omitted because they did not fit the narrative the surgeon general[b] [/b]wanted to push. “This is a grave violation of research integrity,” Hitchings said. “(The vaccine) has done a lot to advance the health of people of Florida and he’s encouraging people to mistrust it.”

So, before I tackle this article, how many "facts" need to be wrong or questionable before you dismiss it?

Have fun! For the record, since you haven't read the article before you think you have to disprove it, the content is about the government omitting data from the final that was both in the draft and contradicted their conclusions. It's research fraud as the other researchers overwhelmingly and stridently agree.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 04-13-2023, 02:55 PM by Lucky2Last.)

There's a long track record of the media and CDC being dishonest and accusing people of doing the exact same thing they do, so I don't need to read it to suspect that there's something misleading. I never said I wasn't going to believe it. I just want to know that if I take the time to examine all the facts, to what degree are you willing to hold the same standard to our state-sponsored media?

I only ask because it takes a lot of time out of my day to really dissect these studies. It's not worth it if you're just going to make an appeal to authority argument after I point out the discrepancies. After sorting through the basics last night, it does seem pretty clear he omitted data, but that's what I have to examine more closely. Remember, the whole reason most of us think the risk is less is because they only quote one vaccine shot, when the minimum is 2 doses, in which case, even according to the CDC's studies, that makes the risk higher for men under 40 (when you factor in 2 doses, not one). Even still, I'm unfamiliar with any death statistics, and I can bet you money you can't look at it based on age and sex alone, you know... since the CDC moved to age-adjusted metrics, which doesn't make any freaking sense.

[Image: Fvhd0T5XsAAvdJm?format=jpg&name=medium]
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

https://jacksonville-fl.newsmemory.com/?...72_134ab90

I read this and wondered why she wasn’t being labeled as a “science denier”, the de rigueur mark ascribed by the biased media to anyone who questions government COVID dogma. Then I realized, it’s because she’s black.

We just livin with it now

It's what we could have and should have done from the start, with the exception of the elderly, immunocompromised, and seriously obese.

The problem has always been that nobody knows for sure how corona could hit. I have a friend who is a teacher, and she got it just a couple of weeks ago as it hit her hard making her miss work. I thought it was mostly over, so i was surprised. She is better now thankfully.

(05-12-2023, 04:43 AM)Jag88 Wrote: The problem has always been that nobody knows for sure how corona could hit.  I have a friend who is a teacher, and she got it just a couple of weeks ago as it hit her hard making her miss work.  I thought it was mostly over, so i was surprised.  She is better now thankfully.

My parents lost a good friend and his girlfriend two weeks ago. They died within 3 days of each other from Covid driven pneumonia. They had a joint funeral, something I've not seen before.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(05-12-2023, 04:43 AM)Jag88 Wrote: The problem has always been that nobody knows for sure how corona could hit.  I have a friend who is a teacher, and she got it just a couple of weeks ago as it hit her hard making her miss work.  I thought it was mostly over, so i was surprised.  She is better now thankfully.

The 'rona hit one of the professional road cycling teams a few weeks ago. Three of them had to miss the Giro d'Italia (think Tour de France but in Italy) that started a week ago and goes for another 2 weeks.

A rider in one of the teams currently at the Giro tested positive yesterday and had to drop out. Hopefully it doesn't cause a ripple effect. 

It's very much still around. I said two years ago it's the new flu as in it's not going away.

Sure is interesting

[Image: Fwg5-9ZagAAt4oC?format=jpg&name=medium]
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(05-19-2023, 07:20 PM)Ronster Wrote: Sure is interesting

Wow, still digging up untruths all these months later are we? Don't you ever get tired of posting outright lies?

(05-19-2023, 09:02 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(05-19-2023, 07:20 PM)Ronster Wrote: Sure is interesting

Wow, still digging up untruths all these months later are we? Don't you ever get tired of posting outright lies?

What do you make of this:https://davidzweig.substack.com/p/the-most-important-test-youve-never
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

US government has granted vaccine mandates exceptions to 165 thousand employees 

https://www.ft.com/content/cf85ae7e-4786...be7958dc3a

(This post was last modified: 05-20-2023, 05:34 AM by Ronster. Edited 1 time in total.)

“A video of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi saying she could not "require" vaccination for members of Congress has resurfaced online following President Joe Biden's announcement of a vaccine mandate for businesses with more than 100 employees.”

https://www.newsweek.com/video-nancy-pel...es-1627730

(05-19-2023, 10:53 PM)copycat Wrote:
(05-19-2023, 09:02 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Wow, still digging up untruths all these months later are we? Don't you ever get tired of posting outright lies?

What do you make of this:https://davidzweig.substack.com/p/the-most-important-test-youve-never

Interesting read, I hope they are able to build on this for future clinical application.

(05-20-2023, 05:32 AM)Ronster Wrote: “A video of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi saying she could not "require" vaccination for members of Congress has resurfaced online following President Joe Biden's announcement of a vaccine mandate for businesses with more than 100 employees.”

Pelosi was correct, Congress is not subject to the Executive, are not her employees, and the law is very clear that they may not be hindered from carrying out their duties. Why do you hate the Constitution?

(05-20-2023, 06:35 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(05-19-2023, 10:53 PM)copycat Wrote: What do you make of this:https://davidzweig.substack.com/p/the-most-important-test-youve-never

Interesting read, I hope they are able to build on this for future clinical application.

(05-20-2023, 05:32 AM)Ronster Wrote: “A video of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi saying she could not "require" vaccination for members of Congress has resurfaced online following President Joe Biden's announcement of a vaccine mandate for businesses with more than 100 employees.”

Pelosi was correct, Congress is not subject to the Executive, are not her employees, and the law is very clear that they may not be hindered from carrying out their duties. Why do you hate the Constitution?

But I thought the vaccine is safe and that only people that want other people to die didn’t get it. Those same people that were exempt sure did their damnedest to compel the rest of to take the poison. LOL, I can’t believe that you are still defending this whole charade. Well I guess you have to at this point.  

Mostly peaceful poison eh?

(05-20-2023, 12:00 PM)Ronster Wrote:
(05-20-2023, 06:35 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Interesting read, I hope they are able to build on this for future clinical application.

But I thought the vaccine is safe and that only people that want other people to die didn’t get it. Those same people that were exempt sure did their damnedest to compel the rest of to take the poison. LOL, I can’t believe that you are still defending this whole charade. Well I guess you have to at this point.  

Mostly peaceful poison eh?

Lol, the Exexutive was not exempt because they work for Biden. Your meme lied to you. Geez dude, maybe take a civics class so you can learn how all this works? It's weird how years go by and you learn nothing. You've had plenty of chances.