Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(02-27-2020, 09:28 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Good opportunity to rethink our supply chain and maybe start moving it to places that don't actually hate us

Good luck with that!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Also, rumors are swirling that Israeli scientists are close to producing a vaccine. Apparently, they were working on a cure for a different illness and used a similar strain of coronavirus as a model to test their technology. Would be awesome if true.

(02-27-2020, 04:11 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(02-27-2020, 10:25 AM)TJBender Wrote: Fund the CDC first. You know, the organization tasked with curing this [BLEEP]? Yes, I think it's hilarious that this potential pandemic is being turned into political fodder by those on the right who just can't get their panties un-bunched about Americans not wanting their white picket fence.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/ap-fact-ch...oronavirus

FYI...I would say a large majority of the panic and political pandering was started and is still being perpetrated by the left political leadership and their sheep.

(02-27-2020, 04:46 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: You have left wing radicals ignoring health professionals and putting panic in people because they hate the president.

If there is a hell, these people are going to it. What a bizarre time in our country. Gotta wonder what would happen if we had a terrorist attack on US soil, God forbid.

To be fair, Rush (the Medal of Freedom winner and leader of rational thought) has been accusing the head of the CDC as a member of the deep state. 

"There's two sides to every schwartz"
I'll play you in ping pong. 

(02-28-2020, 09:03 AM)Last42min Wrote: Also, rumors are swirling that Israeli scientists are close to producing a vaccine. Apparently, they were working on a cure for a different illness and used a similar strain of coronavirus as a model to test their technology. Would be awesome if true.

Isn't something like that the opening of most zombie movies?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-28-2020, 12:01 AM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(02-27-2020, 10:09 AM)TJBender Wrote: This is not a border security/"build the wall" issue, and any attempt to make it a push for wall funding while the CDC staff and funding remain slashed--you know, the guys actually tasked with curing the damn thing--will make me piss myself laughing while I decide that maybe it's worth my time to vote in the Democratic primary after all.

The CDC funding does not "remain slashed." You are reading the lies of the Left. It's true that Trump asked for cuts, but he did not get them. The CDC funding increased in the last budget.

So not only did Trump try to cut the CDC funding, he failed at doing it.

(02-28-2020, 09:02 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(02-27-2020, 09:28 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Good opportunity to rethink our supply chain and maybe start moving it to places that don't actually hate us

Good luck with that!

Good luck for us that we have a President who thinks like StroudCrowd1. 
Trump is already contemplating using emergency powers to ramp up production of protective gear in the US.
3M and Honeywell could get federal dollars to kickstart domestic production.

So...Texas?

(02-28-2020, 09:04 AM)Gabe Wrote:
(02-27-2020, 04:11 PM)B2hibry Wrote: https://www.foxnews.com/media/ap-fact-ch...oronavirus

FYI...I would say a large majority of the panic and political pandering was started and is still being perpetrated by the left political leadership and their sheep.

(02-27-2020, 04:46 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: You have left wing radicals ignoring health professionals and putting panic in people because they hate the president.

If there is a hell, these people are going to it. What a bizarre time in our country. Gotta wonder what would happen if we had a terrorist attack on US soil, God forbid.

To be fair, Rush (the Medal of Freedom winner and leader of rational thought) has been accusing the head of the CDC as a member of the deep state. 

Two sides, indeed.

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2020/...nizing-it/

“…This is what I meant yesterday when I said, “The media is weaponizing this story against Donald Trump.” I did not say, as it has been reported, that the deep state created the virus to weaponize it against Trump — and yet that’s what BuzzFeed is reporting. BuzzFeed is reporting that I said the deep state created the virus to weaponize it against Trump. I got nowhere near saying that. I don’t believe that. I know this virus came from Wuhan, China. I do not…

I never associated the deep state with this at all. What I said was the media is taking the occasion of this virus and story to weaponize it and the reporting of it against Trump, much as they did the reporting of so-called Trump-Russia collusion. That is all I said. Now, BuzzFeed is lying through their teeth and purposely distorting this. Purposely. They know that’s not what I said, and then there was a guy at the press conference who asked the president about this.”

(02-28-2020, 09:03 AM)Last42min Wrote: Also, rumors are swirling that Israeli scientists are close to producing a vaccine. Apparently, they were working on a cure for a different illness and used a similar strain of coronavirus as a model to test their technology. Would be awesome if true.

I think they were actually working on a vaccine that would abolish the Palestinian population and came to realize that the same mixture also kills the Caronavirus.

(02-28-2020, 10:12 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(02-28-2020, 09:04 AM)Gabe Wrote: To be fair, Rush (the Medal of Freedom winner and leader of rational thought) has been accusing the head of the CDC as a member of the deep state. 

Two sides, indeed.

“…This is what I meant yesterday when I said, “The media is weaponizing this story against Donald Trump.” I did not say, as it has been reported, that the deep state created the virus to weaponize it against Trump — and yet that’s what BuzzFeed is reporting. BuzzFeed is reporting that I said the deep state created the virus to weaponize it against Trump. I got nowhere near saying that. I don’t believe that. I know this virus came from Wuhan, China. I do not…

I never associated the deep state with this at all. What I said was the media is taking the occasion of this virus and story to weaponize it and the reporting of it against Trump, much as they did the reporting of so-called Trump-Russia collusion. That is all I said. Now, BuzzFeed is lying through their teeth and purposely distorting this. Purposely. They know that’s not what I said, and then there was a guy at the press conference who asked the president about this.”

That's a decent walk-back from this:

"Dr. Nancy Messonnier of the Centers for Disease Control — which today warned it could be bad, it might be bad, don’t go to school and don’t go to work, stay home and teleconference — is the sister of the former deputy attorney general, Rod Rosenstein. Well... do what you want with it."

(02-28-2020, 10:12 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(02-28-2020, 09:04 AM)Gabe Wrote: To be fair, Rush (the Medal of Freedom winner and leader of rational thought) has been accusing the head of the CDC as a member of the deep state. 

Two sides, indeed.

Soooooo more fake news, eh?

This whole thing has gotten me to think long and hard about my investments and what would happen if a catastrophic bio-attack ever actually did take place. 

Been thinking about hiding my cash in cans in the desert like Cousin Eddie.

(02-28-2020, 10:22 AM)Gabe Wrote:
(02-28-2020, 10:12 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Two sides, indeed.

"Dr. Nancy Messonnier of the Centers for Disease Control — which today warned it could be bad, it might be bad, don’t go to school and don’t go to work, stay home and teleconference — is the sister of the former deputy attorney general, Rod Rosenstein. Well... do what you want with it."

Coronavirus bad. Healthy skepticism good. 

https://nypost.com/2020/02/27/cdc-direct...nevitable/

(02-28-2020, 10:37 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(02-28-2020, 10:22 AM)Gabe Wrote: That's a decent walk-back from this:

Coronavirus bad. Healthy skepticism good. 

You spelled Caronavirus wrong.

(02-28-2020, 10:39 AM)Gabe Wrote:
(02-28-2020, 10:37 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Coronavirus bad. Healthy skepticism good. 

You spelled Caronavirus wrong.

But goes good with Limevirus.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-28-2020, 10:39 AM)Gabe Wrote: You spelled Caronavirus wrong.

I sometimes fear for our future.

https://www.news4jax.com/features/2020/0...vey-shows/

(02-28-2020, 10:59 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(02-28-2020, 10:39 AM)Gabe Wrote: You spelled Caronavirus wrong.

I sometimes fear for our future.

https://www.news4jax.com/features/2020/0...vey-shows/

100% agree

(This post was last modified: 02-28-2020, 11:35 AM by MalabarJag.)

(02-28-2020, 09:35 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(02-28-2020, 12:01 AM)MalabarJag Wrote:
The CDC funding does not "remain slashed." You are reading the lies of the Left. It's true that Trump asked for cuts, but he did not get them. The CDC funding increased in the last budget.

So not only did Trump try to cut the CDC funding, he failed at doing it.

Short answer ... Yes.

Longer answer ... A president never gets everything he requests, especially (and unfortunately) as far as cuts are concerned.

(02-28-2020, 10:22 AM)Gabe Wrote:
(02-28-2020, 10:12 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Two sides, indeed.

I don't see the words "Deep State" in that quote. So the claim you originally made was a lie.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(02-28-2020, 09:00 AM)Last42min Wrote: Man, I got swine flu BAD. This is not to undermine your point, just thought id share. Pretty sure I came close to dying.

I also had the swine flu. In my case it was the mildest Cold/Flu disease I've ever had. When I get a cold it lasts two weeks at a minimum. My swine flu lasted two days.

This is a concern to me since many colds are caused by a coronavirus. If I come down with COVID-19 I expect a long miserable experience.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(02-28-2020, 11:33 AM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(02-28-2020, 09:35 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: So not only did Trump try to cut the CDC funding, he failed at doing it.

Short answer ... Yes.

Longer answer ... A president never gets everything he requests, especially (and unfortunately) as far as cuts are concerned.

(02-28-2020, 10:22 AM)Gabe Wrote: That's a decent walk-back from this:

I don't see the words "Deep State" in that quote. So the claim you originally made was a lie.
MBJ, I acknowledge that. Repeated what I heard before doing the research. Lazy on my part. 

Counter question: What does being Rod Rosenstien's sister have to do with her credibility?

(02-28-2020, 12:53 PM)Gabe Wrote:
(02-28-2020, 11:33 AM)MalabarJag Wrote: Short answer ... Yes.

MBJ, I acknowledge that. Repeated what I heard before doing the research. Lazy on my part. 

Counter question: What does being Rod Rosenstien's sister have to do with her credibility?

Because Rod Rosenstein isn't credible. Could be a DNA thing.