Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(02-27-2020, 04:46 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: You have left wing radicals ignoring health professionals and putting panic in people because they hate the president.

If there is a hell, these people are going to it. What a bizarre time in our country. Gotta wonder what would happen if we had a terrorist attack on US soil, God forbid.

They would complain either way. If Trump closed the borders, like is needed to stop it, then they would complain he is using it to stop illegal immigration and is going overboard.

Since he didn't do that, they now blame him for not doing anything.

The CDC can't do anything. They are only effective in isolated areas where they can control the spread. Leftist states are going to be devastated if this becomes an outbreak in the US. All those homeless people living in filth will spread it around in no time. Then the dems will blame Trump for the outbreak when all the leftists failed policies put all the homeless there.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I don't know why they're complaining, they need a billion deaths to make their Utopia dreams come true. They should be cheering this free alternative to the gulags.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

The CDC is facilitating the spread of the virus via their testing policy. Only 466 Americans have been tested because the criteria for testing is you must have travelled from an infected country or been in contact with an infected patient. If you just come in off the street with symptoms, you will not be tested for COVID-19. Also, the first batch of testing kits was faulty, so none of those critical early tests were reliable.

Yea sounds like the CDC has botched this at the start but is quickly making amends. The first round of test kits were flawed but it sounds like the main purpose of them worked. Could accurately test for coronoavirus but they also came with a control test to rule out non-coronavirus but that portion had a flaw. Also sounds like the FDA and CDC have approved for the high complexity APHL public health labs to start conducting their own testing. These labs are nation wide and will be able to exponentially increase the available testing. Sounds like these will start going live within the next week. I work for a healthcare system and we have our own reference lab that can do this. Havent heard if we'll start testing though.

I have to think once this widespread testing goes into effect, we'll see the number of cases in America jump dramatically compared to the 60 or so cases they've announced so far. With how easily this spreads, it has to be in many places already.

Still so many unanswered questions. All the numbers coming out of China are probably bogus. The fatality rate outside of China doesnt appear to be quite as scary especially since nobody really knows how many people are infected. The denominator is probably much higher than we know. Does seem like the majority of deaths are coming from the elderly or people with respiratory issues.

(02-29-2020, 03:06 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(02-27-2020, 04:46 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: You have left wing radicals ignoring health professionals and putting panic in people because they hate the president.

If there is a hell, these people are going to it. What a bizarre time in our country. Gotta wonder what would happen if we had a terrorist attack on US soil, God forbid.

They would complain either way. If Trump closed the borders, like is needed to stop it, then they would complain he is using it to stop illegal immigration and is going overboard.

The CDC can't do anything. They are only effective in isolated areas where they can control the spread. Leftist states are going to be devastated if this becomes an outbreak in the US. All those homeless people living in filth will spread it around in no time. Then the dems will blame Trump for the outbreak when all the leftists failed policies put all the homeless there.

[Image: Screen-Shot-2020-02-28-at-23.27.45.png]

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(02-29-2020, 10:42 AM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(02-29-2020, 03:06 AM)p_rushing Wrote: They would complain either way. If Trump closed the borders, like is needed to stop it, then they would complain he is using it to stop illegal immigration and is going overboard.

[Image: Screen-Shot-2020-02-28-at-23.27.45.png]

If true, not surprising at all. I wouldn't put it past the dems, at this point, to hold a political fundraising rally at the funeral of the first person to die of coronavirus in the States.

(02-29-2020, 12:00 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(02-29-2020, 10:42 AM)MalabarJag Wrote: [Image: Screen-Shot-2020-02-28-at-23.27.45.png]

If true, not surprising at all. I wouldn't put it past the dems, at this point, to hold a political fundraising rally at the funeral of the first person to die of coronavirus in the States.

Well they have their chance now. A woman died today. Washington state, i think. She was 50 years old and IIRC she had no known contact with anyone who had recently traveled.

(02-29-2020, 11:14 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(02-29-2020, 12:00 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: If true, not surprising at all. I wouldn't put it past the dems, at this point, to hold a political fundraising rally at the funeral of the first person to die of coronavirus in the States.

Well they have their chance now. A woman died today. Washington state, i think. She was 50 years old and IIRC she had no known contact with anyone who had recently traveled.

A man. Apparently he had lots of heath problems before contracting COVID-19.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(02-29-2020, 11:35 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(02-29-2020, 11:14 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Well they have their chance now. A woman died today. Washington state, i think. She was 50 years old and IIRC she had no known contact with anyone who had recently traveled.

A man who was "a great woman," according to the President.

(03-01-2020, 08:34 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(02-29-2020, 11:35 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: A man. Apparently he had lots of heath problems before contracting COVID-19.

Perhaps they celebrated their fluid intersectionality and weren't slaves to the fascist cis-gendered normative social construct.

(03-01-2020, 08:34 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(02-29-2020, 11:35 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: A man. Apparently he had lots of heath problems before contracting COVID-19.

The CDC admitted they gave Trump misinformation about the victim's gender. Of course that also brings into question the veracity of the pre-existing health problems, and whether she he was "great."

The CDC seems to be bungling every part of this they touch. Is this #TheResistance trying to kill millions to make Trump look bad?

(03-01-2020, 12:56 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: The CDC seems to be bungling every part of this they touch.  Is this #TheResistance trying to kill millions to make Trump look bad?

I wouldnt put anything past them at this point.

(02-29-2020, 11:35 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(02-29-2020, 11:14 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Well they have their chance now. A woman died today. Washington state, i think. She was 50 years old and IIRC she had no known contact with anyone who had recently traveled.

Yes you are right, I read the original statement that said it was a woman.

It's in Tampa.

CDC released a patient in San Antonio, then had to return them to isolation after a pending test was positive. The Mayor called them out directly for exposing the public after the person was back out in the world spreading it.

The CDC really doesn't know what they are doing and this isn't a funding issue. It is a competency issue.

(This post was last modified: 03-02-2020, 08:12 PM by Jags.)

Asking for some advice here.  

I am supposed to be going to Disney for a week in 2 weeks.  Usually a great time.  But considering it’s the most visited place in the US (including out of country visitors) I’m kinda concerned.  I thought ther was a ban on coming in to the country.  Should we take this trip?  I don’t want to risk anything over a stupid vacation.

https://www.news4jax.com/health/2020/03/...ronavirus/
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(This post was last modified: 03-02-2020, 08:37 PM by homebiscuit.)

(03-02-2020, 08:12 PM)Jags Wrote: Asking for some advice here.  

I am supposed to be going to Disney for a week in 2 weeks.  Usually a great time.  But considering it’s the most visited place in the US (including out of country visitors) I’m kinda concerned.  I thought ther was a ban on coming in to the country.  Should we take this trip?  I don’t want to risk anything over a stupid vacation.

Wash your hands as frequently as possible, don't touch your face, and keep plenty of hand sanitizer on you. I think you'll be alright. Plus you'll be outside most of the time where the virus doesn't live long.

(03-02-2020, 08:20 PM)Jagwired Wrote: https://www.news4jax.com/health/2020/03/...ronavirus/

(cough, cough *wet sneeze*) 

I wonder who it is?

(03-02-2020, 08:35 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(03-02-2020, 08:12 PM)Jags Wrote: Asking for some advice here.  

Wash your hands as frequently as possible, don't touch your face, and keep plenty of hand sanitizer on you. I think you'll be alright. Plus you'll be outside most of the time where the virus doesn't live long.

(03-02-2020, 08:20 PM)Jagwired Wrote: https://www.news4jax.com/health/2020/03/...ronavirus/

(cough, cough *wet sneeze*) 

I wonder who it is?

Thanks for the advise as well as the old Alka Seltzer reference.