Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(03-05-2020, 09:40 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I went to Epcot when I was dating my future wife.  It was February, not very crowded, and about 60 degrees.  It was a magical weekend.  

Since then, every time her younger relatives come to visit us from overseas, it's always in the summer, hot as hell, and we have to take them to Disney because it is required.  But it is miserably hot and crowded.  

If I were Jags, I would rent the cabin in the Smokies and blow off Disney.  Right now, I have no desire to ever go back to Disney.

Lol, I'm going to Gatlinburg tomorrow, EPCOT next Saturday.  Smile
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'm trying to sign a 1-year lease on the cabin that used to be occupied by Ted Kaczynski. That place in Lincoln Montana looked isolated enough to be safe. If that doesn't work I'll pursue the Ruby Ridge one in Idaho

(03-04-2020, 11:10 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-04-2020, 07:28 PM)Jags Wrote: I’m still not sure if we’re going or not.   The wife is freaked out since her job has taken precautions.  She sent me out today to get sanitizer, wipes, spray and soap.  Lol.  Happy wife happy life.  I came back with some hand soap, wipes and a new toy from Home Depot.  The sanitizing stuff was all gone.  But I found a Home Depot and with the money I saved not buying that stuff I bought a new router.  Silly wife. Thank you honey!

In all seriousness, I am slightly cautious about Disney.  We have a spot in Fort wilderness.  So we will stay in our camper/ trailer.  But we do have reservations at an Italian place for lunch or dinner at Magic Kingdom.  Those waiters/waitresses are straight up Italian.  Who knows if they took a vacation back home recently.  Couple that with asides from Vegas and NY, that’s probably the most visited places amongst foreigners

I truly would rather rent a cabin in the smokies.  Even though Disney is pretty damn cool.  We might lose a few dollars.  But I think my wife is leaning that way!!!!

The Italian restaurant in Epcot has real Italians. The one in magic kingdom is staffed with Americans.

Not when we went.  It was 100% authentic Italians in magic kingdom

Scratchy throat today. Wish me luck.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(03-05-2020, 01:43 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: Scratchy throat today. Wish me luck.

Good luck!

Elderberry syrup may help

It's the Wet Markets in China causing all of this. They keep wildlife animals and livestock animals all crammed on top of each other and they're mixing their fluids among each other. Pretty disgusting.

Chinese Democracy at it's finest as usual. Poor policies in the past caused famine and high volumes of death and so they allowed unchecked policies to unfold and it created a market for poor people to try and survive off the best of their abilities.

A lot of people are blaming the wealthy people of China now for this issue. It's been said that the "upper elite" class of China have a strong taste for unusual wildlife animals, etc. So they're being kept for breeding and feeding. Bats, snakes, etc.

Kind of funny really. I guess that's Natures way of saying to stop eating animals often associated with the Devil and dark magic. Not sure how they'll prevent this though. But it needs to be stopped.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(03-05-2020, 01:38 PM)Jags Wrote:
(03-04-2020, 11:10 PM)mikesez Wrote: The Italian restaurant in Epcot has real Italians. The one in magic kingdom is staffed with Americans.

Not when we went.  It was 100% authentic Italians in magic kingdom

Interesting.  I went to the one right by the entrance.  It's themed to be the place that gave lady and the tramp the spaghetti, so it's American.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 03-07-2020, 03:27 PM by MalabarJag.)

(03-07-2020, 10:07 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote:
(03-05-2020, 01:43 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: Scratchy throat today. Wish me luck.

Good luck!

Appears to be a false alarm. However I did take elderberry capsules and Airborne just in case.

(03-07-2020, 10:23 AM)Caldrac Wrote: It's the Wet Markets in China causing all of this. They keep wildlife animals and livestock animals all crammed on top of each other and they're mixing their fluids among each other. Pretty disgusting.

Chinese Democracy at it's finest as usual. Poor policies in the past caused famine and high volumes of death and so they allowed unchecked policies to unfold and it created a market for poor people to try and survive off the best of their abilities.

A lot of people are blaming the wealthy people of China now for this issue. It's been said that the "upper elite" class of China have a strong taste for unusual wildlife animals, etc. So they're being kept for breeding and feeding. Bats, snakes, etc.

Kind of funny really. I guess that's Natures way of saying to stop eating animals often associated with the Devil and dark magic. Not sure how they'll prevent this though. But it needs to be stopped.

From what I've read it's 50/50 that or from the biolab in Hunan. Not enough intel to be sure, and the Chinese government wouldn't admit to the 2nd possibility.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Is this the black swan. The annihilation of the human race.

(03-07-2020, 03:24 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(03-07-2020, 10:07 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Good luck!

Appears to be a false alarm. However I did take elderberry capsules and Airborne just in case.

(03-07-2020, 10:23 AM)Caldrac Wrote: It's the Wet Markets in China causing all of this. They keep wildlife animals and livestock animals all crammed on top of each other and they're mixing their fluids among each other. Pretty disgusting.

From what I've read it's 50/50 that or from the biolab in Hunan. Not enough intel to be sure, and the Chinese government wouldn't admit to the 2nd possibility.

My money would be on the Chinese CDC lab(Wuhan lab 300 yards from the market where they were doing sars and mers research). I never bought that the virus was a wild type. Too much weirdness with it.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-york-tele...oronavirus

"As New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo declares a state of emergency amid a spike in coronavirus cases, the state's attorney general, Letitia James, is going after a Chrisitan televangelist for "false advertising."

A guest of The Jim Bakker Show on Feb. 12, Sherrill Sellman, was asked if the "Silver Solution," sold for $125 on his website, would be effective against the coronavirus.

"Let's say it hasn't been tested on this strain of the coronavirus," Sellman, a naturopathic doctor, is quoted as saying, "but it's been tested on other trains of the coronavirus and has been able to eliminate it within 12 hours.""

Jim Bakker is hawking it. What could go wrong?

A guy I know works for Merck and says they be already been given the formula for the antidote. Super super expensive mind you , so lots of profit to be made

Yea I tend to believe this was a weaponized bio agent that got out on accident. Never heard of a virus that thrives in warmer climates? That’s crazy
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(03-07-2020, 10:09 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Yea I tend to believe this was a weaponized bio agent that got out on accident. Never heard of a virus that thrives in warmer climates? That’s crazy

It does? All reports I saw said the summer will severely limit the virus

(03-07-2020, 10:09 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Yea I tend to believe this was a weaponized bio agent that got out on accident. Never heard of a virus that thrives in warmer climates? That’s crazy

Maybe you've heard of Ebola? Encephalitis? Hepatitis? Rabies? Measles? Polio? Pretty much everything you get a shot for can do just fine in warm climates.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(03-07-2020, 07:01 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Is this the black swan.  The annihilation of the human race.

No, it's the black swan that brings on a recession.  That's my opinion.

(03-07-2020, 08:29 PM)JackCity Wrote: A guy I know works for Merck and says they be already been given the formula for the antidote. Super super expensive mind you , so lots of profit to be made

There's an antidote for a virus? 

Does your friend work in the accounting department?

(03-08-2020, 09:39 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(03-07-2020, 08:29 PM)JackCity Wrote: A guy I know works for Merck and says they be already been given the formula for the antidote. Super super expensive mind you , so lots of profit to be made

There's an antidote for a virus? 

Does your friend work in the accounting department?

More like Janitorial.

(03-08-2020, 09:11 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(03-07-2020, 07:01 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Is this the black swan.  The annihilation of the human race.

No, it's the black swan that brings on a recession.  That's my opinion.

Your opinion, or hope?

(03-08-2020, 12:11 AM)JackCity Wrote:

It does? All reports I saw said the summer will severely limit the virus

while a lot of viruses still spread in summer months, usually Coronaviruses do not. But usually Coronaviruses don't send people to the hospital or kill them. So we can hope that the summer will stop the spread of this virus, but we shouldn't count on it.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.