Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(01-01-2021, 04:06 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Well the true comes out, he died of a heart attack during surgery for a blood clot ... he also had covid

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

COVID related blood clot. Without COVID, he would not have died.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-01-2021, 08:46 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(01-01-2021, 08:42 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Ah, I see why I was confused about the Covid money. Congress overrode Trumps veto. I don't know why I thought he signed it. Too much going on to keep up with.

600 passed, 2000 didn't

Yeah with all the screeching from MSM and people complaining about it all the reality of what happened got lost in the noise. I was genuinely surprised to learn money was being deposited.

(01-01-2021, 09:20 PM)captivating Wrote:
(01-01-2021, 04:06 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Well the true comes out, he died of a heart attack during surgery for a blood clot ... he also had covid

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

COVID related blood clot. Without COVID, he would not have died.

Are you Nostradamus MD now?

(01-02-2021, 12:31 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(01-01-2021, 09:20 PM)captivating Wrote: COVID related blood clot. Without COVID, he would not have died.

Are you Nostradamus MD now?

Yes, yes I am.

3,644 people died from Covid yesterday.
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

(01-06-2021, 08:37 PM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote: 3,644 people died from Covid yesterday.

Honestly and tragically I think covid is the new flu. A super flu of sorts. It is mutating just as the regular cold and flu does which means it will not go away. Vaccines might protect against it somewhat same as regular flu shots may protect against the flu, but nothing is 100%. 

Unless I'm getting something mixed up I understand these vaccines are supposed to protect against all future versions but today I saw a headline that said the vaccine doesn't mean we can go back to pre-covid times. That being said, they must not have much confidence in the vaccines (yet), or it will not protect against future versions. I was not able to read the story behind the headline so I'm not sure who said it and the context in which it was written.

(01-06-2021, 10:09 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 08:37 PM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote: 3,644 people died from Covid yesterday.

Honestly and tragically I think covid is the new flu. A super flu of sorts. It is mutating just as the regular cold and flu does which means it will not go away. Vaccines might protect against it somewhat same as regular flu shots may protect against the flu, but nothing is 100%. 

Unless I'm getting something mixed up I understand these vaccines are supposed to protect against all future versions but today I saw a headline that said the vaccine doesn't mean we can go back to pre-covid times. That being said, they must not have much confidence in the vaccines (yet), or it will not protect against future versions. I was not able to read the story behind the headline so I'm not sure who said it and the context in which it was written.
The vaccine doesn't stop you from getting or spreading it, supposedly it stops you from getting symptoms .... so nothing changes unless you are one of the many people with reactions to it. Lock downs continues indefinitely.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

https://www.news4jax.com/news/florida/20...stigation/

Will you still get the vaccine?

(01-08-2021, 05:50 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: https://www.news4jax.com/news/florida/20...stigation/

Wasn't planning to in the first place. Sad times for his family.

(01-08-2021, 05:50 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: https://www.news4jax.com/news/florida/20...stigation/

My stance towards it remains the same. I will get the vaccine only after there is a significant amount of data out there on each company's variant, there's a long history of the vaccine not killing people outside of allergic reactions, and I'm able to choose which company's vaccine I am given. If it turns out that Moderna's vaccine has a significantly higher amount of side effect occurrences than another company's, I will wait to let anyone needle me until I can guarantee that I'm not going to be injected with Moderna's crap.

I've had bad reactions to flu shots before. There is no way in hell I'm taking my chances on a vaccine rushed into production and skipping large chunks of the trial process, with the political equivalent of a gun to the FDA commissioner's head to get it approved. Once I'm comfortable with the vaccine, I'll take the shot. Until then, no.

(01-09-2021, 01:08 AM)TJBender Wrote:

My stance towards it remains the same. I will get the vaccine only after there is a significant amount of data out there on each company's variant, there's a long history of the vaccine not killing people outside of allergic reactions, and I'm able to choose which company's vaccine I am given. If it turns out that Moderna's vaccine has a significantly higher amount of side effect occurrences than another company's, I will wait to let anyone needle me until I can guarantee that I'm not going to be injected with Moderna's crap.

I've had bad reactions to flu shots before. There is no way in hell I'm taking my chances on a vaccine rushed into production and skipping large chunks of the trial process, with the political equivalent of a gun to the FDA commissioner's head to get it approved. Once I'm comfortable with the vaccine, I'll take the shot. Until then, no.

For clarity's sake would you tell us which large chunks of the trial processed were skipped? I agree that your history necessitates caution, but the vast majority should be vaccinated asap.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-09-2021, 11:01 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-09-2021, 01:08 AM)TJBender Wrote: My stance towards it remains the same. I will get the vaccine only after there is a significant amount of data out there on each company's variant, there's a long history of the vaccine not killing people outside of allergic reactions, and I'm able to choose which company's vaccine I am given. If it turns out that Moderna's vaccine has a significantly higher amount of side effect occurrences than another company's, I will wait to let anyone needle me until I can guarantee that I'm not going to be injected with Moderna's crap.

For clarity's sake would you tell us which large chunks of the trial processed were skipped? I agree that your history necessitates caution, but the vast majority should be vaccinated asap.

This is TJs round about way of avoiding any praise for the Trump administration's success in getting a vaccine out in world record time.

There has to be something wrong with it. Things were skipped. TDS.

(01-09-2021, 11:01 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-09-2021, 01:08 AM)TJBender Wrote: My stance towards it remains the same. I will get the vaccine only after there is a significant amount of data out there on each company's variant, there's a long history of the vaccine not killing people outside of allergic reactions, and I'm able to choose which company's vaccine I am given. If it turns out that Moderna's vaccine has a significantly higher amount of side effect occurrences than another company's, I will wait to let anyone needle me until I can guarantee that I'm not going to be injected with Moderna's crap.

Common sense dictates that vaccines take years and years in clinical and human trials to be approved by the FDA. The Covid vaccine took less than a year. To think there will not be issues due to shortcuts is shortsighted.

(01-09-2021, 05:27 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(01-09-2021, 11:01 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: For clarity's sake would you tell us which large chunks of the trial processed were skipped? I agree that your history necessitates caution, but the vast majority should be vaccinated asap.

Common sense dictates that vaccines take years and years in clinical and human trials to be approved by the FDA. The Covid vaccine took less than a year. To think there will not be issues due to shortcuts is shortsighted.

Common sense is not medical science, and SARS vaccines have been in development since the last outbreak nearly 15 years ago.

So, again, which step specifically did they omit? No "feelings", or "common sense", I wanna know what you know that I don't.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-09-2021, 05:57 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-09-2021, 05:27 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Common sense dictates that vaccines take years and years in clinical and human trials to be approved by the FDA. The Covid vaccine took less than a year. To think there will not be issues due to shortcuts is shortsighted.

Common sense is not medical science, and SARS vaccines have been in development since the last outbreak nearly 15 years ago.

So, again, which step specifically did they omit? No "feelings", or "common sense", I wanna know what you know that I don't.

I don’t think it’s a case of her knowing something you don’t know. It’s more like we are so accustomed to being told it takes years and years to get this stuff tested then approved that even with some regulations being sped up, it seems like it was rushed. Look how many medications end up doing harm even after the years of testing they were put through. You’ve got to expect people to be a little skeptical.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(01-09-2021, 06:09 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(01-09-2021, 05:57 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Common sense is not medical science, and SARS vaccines have been in development since the last outbreak nearly 15 years ago.

I don’t think it’s a case of her knowing something you don’t know. It’s more like we are so accustomed to being told it takes years and years to get this stuff tested then approved that even with some regulations being sped up, it seems like it was rushed. Look how many medications end up doing harm even after the years of testing they were put through. You’ve got to expect people to be a little skeptical.

+100

So...no hard info, just gut feelings then.

(01-09-2021, 07:21 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: So...no hard info, just gut feelings then.

Sometimes you just have to go with your gut.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(01-09-2021, 07:21 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: So...no hard info, just gut feelings then.

You have internet. Do you're own research. What Bunnie and I both said it still true.

(01-09-2021, 08:00 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:

You have internet. Do you're own research. What Bunnie and I both said it still true.

I've done mine, and got my first dose last week. I'm curious about the folks who are refusing who seem unable to justify the decision with anything more than feelings. I've spoken to several dozen and still havent heard a legitimate, fact and science based reason, so you arent alone by any means.