Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2020 OT who is your fave

[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)][b]2020 NFL Draft Rankings: Offensive Linemen[/b][/color]
  • Jedrick Wills, OT, Alabama (JR, 6'5", 320 pounds) ...
  • Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia (JR, 6'5", 320 pounds) ...
  • Mekhi Becton, OT, Louisville (JR, 6'7", 369 pounds) ...
  • Tristan Wirfs, OT/OG, Iowa (JR, 6'5", 322 pounds) ...
  • Josh Jones, OT, Houston (SR, 6'5", 311 poounds)...
So who is the best in this group?  How would you rank them.  Will any last to the second round.  Should we be drafting one?

Mine is Thomas, Wills, and Becton at this moment.

Wirfs is interesting as a potential og too.

I think jones will be there in the second or third.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It's a good group of tackles this year for sure.

Personally I have them:
1. Wills
2. Thomas
3. Wirfs
4. Becton

But they are all very good prospects. There's a bit of a gap to Jones then but I think he definitely still goes first round.

I also thank Niang will potentially be in the first round conversation, along with Jackson from USC.

Ben Bartch is another name to watch, he could shoot up draft boards.

I'd love to see them take a tackle early if the draft falls that way, but I suspect they want to give Robinson another year to prove himself.

(This post was last modified: 02-27-2020, 07:37 AM by Andy G.)

Becton - he's BIG, vioent and he moves pretty well too.

But ideally someone who has experience of playing LT and isn't projected to be better as a guard in the NFL.

And I expect it all depends on who goes in the top 10. If two or three OTs go, then others will go earlier than expected. But if we see a few QBs, WRs and DTs go early, then someone like Jones might be available on day 2.

(02-27-2020, 07:35 AM)Andy G Wrote: Becton - he's BIG, vioent and he moves pretty well too.

But ideally someone who has experience of playing LT and isn't projected to be better as a guard in the NFL.

And I expect it all depends on who goes in the top 10. If two or three OTs go, then others will go earlier than expected.  But if we see a few QBs, WRs and DTs go early, then someone like Jones might be available on day 2.

Becton probably has the highest ceiling of them all, dudes that big and that athletic are rare.

The only thing that worries me about him is his pass rep win percentage, against largely lower standard opposition.

But I won't argue against how anyone has those top 4 ranked, they are all great prospects.

(02-26-2020, 11:42 PM)surfon Wrote: [color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)][b]2020 NFL Draft Rankings: Offensive Linemen[/b][/color]
  • Jedrick Wills, OT, Alabama (JR, 6'5", 320 pounds) ...
  • Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia (JR, 6'5", 320 pounds) ...
  • Mekhi Becton, OT, Louisville (JR, 6'7", 369 pounds) ...
  • Tristan Wirfs, OT/OG, Iowa (JR, 6'5", 322 pounds) ...
  • Josh Jones, OT, Houston (SR, 6'5", 311 poounds)...
So who is the best in this group?  How would you rank them.  Will any last to the second round.  Should we be drafting one?

Mine is Thomas, Wills, and Becton at this moment.

Wirfs is interesting as a potential og too.

I think jones will be there in the second or third.

Personal preference:

at LT: Thomas, Jones, Becton - Becton's weight scares me, I don't care how agile he is today, how is that going to hold up over several seasons, does the weight impair his play? Ideal value is on Jones at 20 or later. Much like taking Bryan two years ago and Allen last year, it allows us flexibility to either renew Cam, or move on with a replacement already on the roster.

at RT: Wills, Wirfs - Wills strikes me as an RT, or a lot of what we have in Cam. A road-grader in a LT's body.

at OG: Wirfs, Wirfs, Wirfs: Depending on who goes 1-8, Wirfs could be in play at 9, or a slide back a few spots. Dave made a point of calling our line one of our strengths, and I can't help but think that's a screen to try and mask some interest we have in these guys.

Each of these guys has the potential to be very good. Due to the depth of talent, the Jaguars should wait until pick 20 and then select the best available. I expect Wills, Thomas and Becton to all be gone, so it would come down to either Jones or Wirfs. Wirfs would be an immediate starter at guard while Jones would compete with Robinson at left tackle.

(02-27-2020, 08:04 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Each of these guys has the potential to be very good. Due to the depth of talent, the Jaguars should wait until pick 20 and then select the best available. I expect Wills, Thomas and Becton to all be gone, so it would come down to either Jones or Wirfs. Wirfs would be an immediate starter at guard while Jones would compete with Robinson at left tackle.

I think it's 50/50 at best that any of the 5 are there at 20.

(02-27-2020, 08:04 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Each of these guys has the potential to be very good. Due to the depth of talent, the Jaguars should wait until pick 20 and then select the best available. I expect Wills, Thomas and Becton to all be gone, so it would come down to either Jones or Wirfs. Wirfs would be an immediate starter at guard while Jones would compete with Robinson at left tackle.

Wirfs won't be there

Becton to me has all those special traits you look for in a top LT. Keep him disciplined with weight management and that kid is going to be a beast. Can’t go wrong with any of them, but if I had my top pick it’s Becton.

(02-27-2020, 09:12 PM)JackCity Wrote:

Wirfs won't be there

I really think it's a possibility none of them will be there, if they are as good as we think they are.

I mean honestly, how many teams can't use good OL guys right now?
There's about 3 or 4 QBs going in the first 19 picks probably. And then Young, OKudah, Brown, Kinlaw, Simmons and probably 2-3 WRs. That leaves 8-9 other picks and 5 top tier OL guys.
In Bucky Brooks' latest mock he has 4 of these 5 guys going in the first 11 picks. He doesn't have Jones as a first rounder (Austin Jackson goes 29)

If the Jags feel the need to get one of the stud OL players, they'll probably need to do it before pick 20.

I tend to think they may just grab an interior lineman in rounds 2-3 and stand pat at OT for this coming season.

(02-27-2020, 09:05 PM)Upper Wrote:

I think it's 50/50 at best that any of the 5 are there at 20.

Jones would likely be the only one to fall that deep, and I agree on those odds he's there.

It's funny how every year people always think this guy or that guy wont be there lol. Every year it happens lol. Got Jawan Taylor in the 2nd when a lot of talking heads said we were going to take him in the 1st. Dillard went 22. We got Josh Allen at 7. I'd say it's better than a 50/50 chance one of the top 5 tackles will be there at 20

So, which OTs will still be there at 20?

I’m guessing Jones and Jackson probably.

But I can see Thomas, Wirfs, Wills and Becton all going before we get our second pick.

(02-29-2020, 01:39 PM)Andy G Wrote: So, which OTs will still be there at 20?

But I can see Thomas, Wirfs, Wills and Becton all going before we get our second pick.

None of Indy, Den, Dal, and Atl will draft an OT.  Which all pick between our 2 picks.  Cle., NYJ, and Mia could all use one.  I could easily see Cle. taking Kinlaw if there and I think the Jets take Jeudy or Lamb.  I think one of the top 4 tackles will be there when Miami picks at 18 and I would give up our 4th round pick if we could trade up and land our future LT.

(02-29-2020, 01:52 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-29-2020, 01:39 PM)Andy G Wrote: So, which OTs will still be there at 20?

None of Indy, Den, Dal, and Atl will draft an OT.  Which all pick between our 2 picks.  Cle., NYJ, and Mia could all use one.  I could easily see Cle. taking Kinlaw if there and I think the Jets take Jeudy or Lamb.  I think one of the top 4 tackles will be there when Miami picks at 18 and I would give up our 4th round pick if we could trade up and land our future LT.
I could easily see Denver (Bolles sucks), Atlanta and Dallas taking a tackle. Cleveland is all but assured of taking a tackle considering Robinson is done. Jets have an atrocious OLine.

Post combine and basically I have the top 4 basically with the same grade. All could be elite LTs, you could make a legitimate argument for each one being the best...

(This post was last modified: 02-29-2020, 03:35 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(02-29-2020, 03:03 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-29-2020, 01:52 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: None of Indy, Den, Dal, and Atl will draft an OT.  Which all pick between our 2 picks.  Cle., NYJ, and Mia could all use one.  I could easily see Cle. taking Kinlaw if there and I think the Jets take Jeudy or Lamb.  I think one of the top 4 tackles will be there when Miami picks at 18 and I would give up our 4th round pick if we could trade up and land our future LT.
I could easily see Denver (Bolles sucks), Atlanta and Dallas taking a tackle. Cleveland is all but assured of taking a tackle considering Robinson is done. Jets have an atrocious OLine.
Bolles had a slow start to his career but is pretty decent now.  What makes you think Dallas or Atlanta will take a tackle?  Dallas has Smith and Collins and Atlanta has Matthews and McGary who they just drafted in the 1st last year. Another typical Cleawood post where he doesn't know what hes talking about. Neither of those 3 will take a tackle.  I could see Cleavend taking Brown or Kinlaw if they feel they are the BAP and then going tackle in the 2nd, they need help on that anterior dline as well just like we do.

How about the Lions, Giants and Cardinals?

If the Lions decide against Brown and Okudah, then OT might make sense.

The other two teams could definitely be looking for Oline improvement.

But I think (as always) it depends on when the first OT is taken if one goes early then there could be a run on them. If none are selected in the top five or six then they will slip down.

Based on what Doug and Dave said about the offensive line the other day, I am getting the distinct feeling it may not be as big a priority with them as it is with us.

(02-29-2020, 06:36 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Based on what Doug and Dave said about the offensive line the other day, I am getting the distinct feeling it may not be as big a priority with them as it is with us.

I'll take some credit for calling this one a few weeks ago. As I said, they probably view the best chance of having the line performing at a high level this year is continuity, giving them another year to mesh together. Like I said, rookie OL does not suggest a team going deep into the postseason.

For the record, once again, I do not approve of this approach.