Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2020 OT who is your fave

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2020, 06:09 AM by Caldrac.)

(03-13-2020, 10:14 PM)surfon Wrote:
(03-01-2020, 04:12 AM)Andy G Wrote: A different question - if your top two favourite OTs are gone by the time we pick at nine, do you think the group is close enough in talent to pick the third- best there?

For me that would mean Becton and Wirfs have gone. And in that scenario I’m not sure I’d be quite as excited about picking Thomas, even though he’d probably be a solid player.

And I think seeing two or more OTs going in the top-eight probably means some good players will be on the board at other positions.

Or do you feel the top-four OTs are all worth taking at nine?

I like Wills, Wirfs, Becton, and Thomas enough to take at 9 in that order now.  Being that either okudah or brown did not fall I would pick one yes.

I like Thomas. My only concern is that I didn't get to see enough out of him in pass protection at Georgia. No fault of his own. It's just the way the Bulldogs play football on offense. Fromm didn't do him any favors neither with his inconsistencies last year from the pocket. 

I just think he'll end up being another Eugene Monroe. Not terrible. But not elite. And I don't know if he's someone I would want with the 9th overall pick. I would take Kinlaw before I took Thomas. I would even consider taking the best WR prospect on the board over Thomas with that selection. 

I think we could get a decent LT like Austin Jackson out of USC with the 20th pick or Prince Tega Wanogho in RD2. I'll throw this out there too. Since I do watch a lot of Georgia games. I wouldn't be opposed to them taking Isaiah Wilson out of Georgia in RD2 or RD3 to play RT. And then allow Robinson and Taylor to duke it out over the LT position during training camp. Loser takes RT back or RG depending on where Wilson is at as a rookie in this scenario.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-29-2020, 08:47 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

If Brown, Okudah, and Simmons is off the board when we pick and Dave decides to go OT instead of taking Kinlaw, Im starting to think Andrew Thomas will be the pick. It just makes to much sense imo if you look back on the history of the type of player he likes early. He likes players with multiple years of success at bigger colleges. Thomas was highly recruited out of High School and made Freshman All American playing in the SEC, made First team All American in 2018 and unanimous All American this past year all playing in the best conference going against the best comp and he done it all at LT. When you look at his combine numbers he had better numbers than Ronnie Stanley in pretty much every category, 20 yard, 3 cone etc. who has turned into an All Pro tackle and went 6th overall. I do like Becton and his size but the more you look at Thomas I think he might be the best prospect if Dave wants a LT. Between Wills, Wirfs, Becton, and Thomas, Thomas might be the safest pick if he wants an upgrade at LT this year and also offers a high ceiling in the future. Thomas will be able to help in the run game as well as the pass game and here is a good article on Thomas and his versatility. He aslo has a better vert, 3 cone, and 20 yard than David Bakhtiari

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2020-nfl-...as-georgia

There are really no holes to poke in Wirfs, Wills, or Thomas. All 3 performed against top competition, all 3 tested great, and all 3 can run block. Any of them at 9 would be great.

Becton has the unicorn upside with his size and athleticism, but he hasn't actually been that good so far and Louisville had those weird blocking sets that didn't give him much experience at traditional pass blocking that he'll be doing in the NFL. I get why people are enamored with him but he'd clearly be the last of the big 4 to me.

Jones is still who I want at 20 assuming Henderson and Ruggs are gone. He is a lot like Dillard last year, who I would have been happy taking at 7 had Allen and Oliver gone where they should have. I would probably rank Jones over Becton personally. Slightly less downside but a lot less risk.

(03-29-2020, 10:57 AM)Upper Wrote: There are really no holes to poke in Wirfs, Wills, or Thomas. All 3 performed against top competition, all 3 tested great, and all 3 can run block. Any of them at 9 would be great.

Becton has the unicorn upside with his size and athleticism, but he hasn't actually been that good so far and Louisville had those weird blocking sets that didn't give him much experience at traditional pass blocking that he'll be doing in the NFL. I get why people are enamored with him but he'd clearly be the last of the big 4 to me.

Jones is still who I want at 20 assuming Henderson and Ruggs are gone. He is a lot like Dillard last year, who I would have been happy taking at 7 had Allen and Oliver gone where they should have. I would probably rank Jones over Becton personally. Slightly less downside but a lot less risk.

Wirfs and Wills are a much bigger question marks at LT than Thomas.  If you are playing with you job on the line like Dave and Doug might be, Thomas is the safest pick if the want to upgrade the LT spot imo.

Its funny how you bash Taylor who we got in the 2nd but you would of taken Dillard at 7 lol

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/e...ard-sunday

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/e...n-to-worry

(This post was last modified: 03-29-2020, 11:21 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(03-29-2020, 10:57 AM)Upper Wrote: There are really no holes to poke in Wirfs, Wills, or Thomas. All 3 performed against top competition, all 3 tested great, and all 3 can run block. Any of them at 9 would be great.

If you are Dave and need an upgrade this year at LT, you would have more faith in Wills at LT than you would in Thomas?  They are looking to win this year and the future. I think Wills could potentially be a good LT but its a much riskier pick imo and Dave cant get tricky if he wants to keep his job

(This post was last modified: 03-29-2020, 11:49 AM by Upper.)

(03-29-2020, 11:05 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Its funny how you bash Taylor who we got in the 2nd but you would of taken Dillard at 7 lol

Dillard was quite good at LT when Peters got hurt and then struggled getting thrown into RT due to Johnson's injury, what is hard to grasp there? The rule of thumb is it takes about 3 months of reps to switch sides if you don't have any experience with it. If Dillard spent the whole offseason practicing RT he would have been quite good there too.

(02-29-2020, 01:52 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-29-2020, 01:39 PM)Andy G Wrote: So, which OTs will still be there at 20?

I’m guessing Jones and Jackson probably.

But I can see Thomas, Wirfs, Wills and Becton all going before we get our second pick.

None of Indy, Den, Dal, and Atl will draft an OT.  Which all pick between our 2 picks.  Cle., NYJ, and Mia could all use one.  I could easily see Cle. taking Kinlaw if there and I think the Jets take Jeudy or Lamb.  I think one of the top 4 tackles will be there when Miami picks at 18 and I would give up our 4th round pick if we could trade up and land our future LT.

Indy can't because they traded their first pick. But they would probably interested in drafting Castonzo's replacement because he almost retired. No need to move up from #20 for anyone. We'll get a good player, whether that's Henderson, a tackle, or one of the top receivers. They're all relatively the same value to me at that spot. None are generational talents worth sacrificing picks for.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(This post was last modified: 03-29-2020, 11:56 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(03-29-2020, 11:49 AM)Upper Wrote:
(03-29-2020, 11:05 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Its funny how you bash Taylor who we got in the 2nd but you would of taken Dillard at 7 lol

Dillard was quite good at LT when Peters got hurt and then struggled getting thrown into RT due to Johnson's injury, what is hard to grasp there? The rule of thumb is it takes about 3 months of reps to switch sides if you don't have any experience with it. If Dillard spent the whole offseason practicing RT he would have been quite good there too.

lol

(03-29-2020, 11:51 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(02-29-2020, 01:52 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: None of Indy, Den, Dal, and Atl will draft an OT.  Which all pick between our 2 picks.  Cle., NYJ, and Mia could all use one.  I could easily see Cle. taking Kinlaw if there and I think the Jets take Jeudy or Lamb.  I think one of the top 4 tackles will be there when Miami picks at 18 and I would give up our 4th round pick if we could trade up and land our future LT.

Indy can't because they traded their first pick. But they would probably interested in drafting Castonzo's replacement because he almost retired. No need to move up from #20 for anyone. We'll get a good player, whether that's Henderson, a tackle, or one of the top receivers. They're all relatively the same value to me at that spot. None are generational talents worth sacrificing picks for.

A very good chance the top 3 WRs, top 4 OTs, and Henderson will be gone when we pick.  If we dont take an OT at 9 and one is there in the mid teens or at least before Mia picks, Im trying to make the move up.  Because all those guys killed the combine and is now likely they wont be there when we pick at 20.  They arent all the same value to me im sure not all the same to most of the GMs either

I think if we're not picking an OT at nine, then we want to be thinking about trading up to the early teens (too expensive?) or looking at the next tier of OTs.

So who do you want from players like Jones, Jackson, Cleveland?

Or are we better off looking at guards and centers at that point?

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2020, 07:21 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(04-21-2020, 05:01 AM)Andy G Wrote: I think if we're not picking an OT at nine, then we want to be thinking about trading up to the early teens (too expensive?) or looking at the next tier of OTs.

So who do you want from players like Jones, Jackson, Cleveland?

Or are we better off looking at guards and centers at that point?

Take Wirfs or Thomas at 9 and hope Kinlaw is there at 13.  Trade up for Kinlaw, rumors 49ers want to trade back

Trade pick 20 an Yan to move up to 11 with the Jets. Jets need an edge rusher

I am really starting to think if Okudah is gone, I would go Thomas/ Wirfs/ Brown. At 9 one of those 4 is likely to be there and represent a good to elite player for many years. Not interested in the upside picks this year like Simmons or Becton. If those 4 are gone, immediately go into trade back mode. If all 4 are gone someone will come up for a QB that is falling or the last chance to grab an OT before several needy teams are on the clock.

I am big on Thomas and Wirfs.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

D Harvey breaks down 2020 O-Line prospects according to the typical Jaguars standards and traits:

https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2020/4/21/...thresholds

This is a good read, because the Jags under Caldwell have adhered very closely to only drafting linemen who meet particular measurables.

(04-21-2020, 12:35 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: D Harvey breaks down 2020 O-Line prospects according to the typical Jaguars standards and traits:

This is a good read, because the Jags under Caldwell have adhered very closely to only drafting linemen who meet particular measurables.

I would move Wirfs to guard and he will be one of the best guards in the league.

(04-21-2020, 12:52 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(04-21-2020, 12:35 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: D Harvey breaks down 2020 O-Line prospects according to the typical Jaguars standards and traits:

I would move Wirfs to guard and he will be one of the best guards in the league.

Why not let him play tackle first where he can also be one of the best in the league

(04-21-2020, 01:20 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(04-21-2020, 12:52 PM)Dimson Wrote: I would move Wirfs to guard and he will be one of the best guards in the league.

Why not let him play tackle first where he can also be one of the best in the league

I mean he could play tackle, but his skill set just screams pulling guard.

(04-21-2020, 12:52 PM)Dimson Wrote:

Agree, id give Cam his last chance at LT, see how each are doing and go from there

(04-21-2020, 05:22 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(04-21-2020, 01:20 PM)JackCity Wrote: Why not let him play tackle first where he can also be one of the best in the league

I mean he could play tackle, but his skill set just screams pulling guard.

He's a stud LTs skillset and actual experience being elite on the outside though. Much easier to project him to tackle than guard, even if he can be a great guard too, + its more valuable

Stink for Sewell in 2020!

(04-21-2020, 06:50 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Stink for Sewell in 2020!
He’s so good.

Unlikely but possible scenario? Jags and Rams have the 2 worst records in the NFL and Jags nab Sewell and Lawerence.