Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ngakoue announces he wants to leave Jaguars

The Jags org and front office is just recovering from the Coughlin era. They can't afford to have an elephant in the room of Yannick sitting out, it's a PR nightmare for a team that's been a PR nightmare for two seasons in a row.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Hiring Coughlin was the single most detrimental decision that has impacted our team in the worst way...

Marrone and his buffoons should have been gone as well but it was Coughlin and his remaining stench that has (and is) ruining this franchise.

I think they should franchise him immediately and use the non-exclusive franchise tag. Let his agent know that if he signs with another team (which means two #1s) we won't match the offer and he is free. That increases the odds that a team picking very low (like KC) might sign him.

Is this all about the Benjamins for Yan? I don’t think so. He thinks the grass is greener elsewhere. So what’s the point in tagging him? Trade for value and cut him loose because what’s the point in paying big bucks for an unhappy player who won’t give the production?

(This post was last modified: 03-02-2020, 09:55 AM by Cleatwood.)

This sucks.

Doubt they work out a long term deal. So many teams are doing whatever it takes to find young and productive pass rushers. The Jags actually land one and they botched it at every turn. I don't blame Yan for wanting out one bit. There isn't a single thing this franchise has done to prove to him that they want to to win or that they want to pay him what he's worth. It's been an absolute disaster.

Glad we gave money to scrubs like Foles, Lee, Norwell and Bortles but passed on Yan, ARob and Ramsey.

(This post was last modified: 03-02-2020, 09:59 AM by iHaunting Raven.)

(03-02-2020, 09:49 AM)newporttom Wrote: I think they should franchise him immediately and use the non-exclusive franchise tag.  Let his agent know that if he signs with another team (which means two #1s) we won't match the offer and he is free.  That increases the odds that a team picking very low (like KC) might sign him.

Hahahahahahaha you are funny.

No big loss. Most we get is a 2nd and a 4th.
They offered him a fair contract last year but he thinks he is worth more, he is wrong. Learn to stop the run and become an elite pass rusher then you can ask for big bucks, Yan.

The only one that wants to really be here is our backup QB Nick Foles, who makes $22M per year. lol

#JagsLife

Who is this FO is comparable to?  Some suggestions below:

1. The Gang That Couldn't Shooot Straight
2. The Three Stooges
3. The Bad News Bears
4. The Upside Downs
5. The Lickety Splits
6. The Keystone Kops
7. Reno 911
8. Police Academy (1,2,3,4,5.....)
9. Delta Tau Chi  (you know this, come on...)

You are free to add another bungling, inept group at your leisure.

(03-02-2020, 09:53 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(03-02-2020, 09:49 AM)newporttom Wrote: I think they should franchise him immediately and use the non-exclusive franchise tag.  Let his agent know that if he signs with another team (which means two #1s) we won't match the offer and he is free.  That increases the odds that a team picking very low (like KC) might sign him.

Hahahahahahaha you are funny.

No big loss. Most we get is a 2nd and a 4th.
They offered him a fair contract last year but he thinks he is worth more, he is wrong. Learn to stop the run and become an elite pass rusher then you can ask for big bucks, Yan.
He's going to get paid whether you think he's worth it or not. He's 100% worth it but even if you think he's not, watch his contract.

(This post was last modified: 03-02-2020, 10:03 AM by fredalwaysajag.)

He'll be a Billmafia

I'll take that 22nd pick
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

(03-02-2020, 08:32 AM)irontrooper83 Wrote: https://twitter.com/YannickNgakoue/statu...2591161345

Just now on Twitter.

Good thing we kept the coach that all of our players love on board to make sure that no one else tries to force their way off of the sinking ship.

Oh. Well, [BLEEP].

(03-02-2020, 09:59 AM)Rockman1966 Wrote: Who is this FO is comparable to?  Some suggestions below:

1. The Gang That Couldn't Shooot Straight
2. The Three Stooges
3. The Bad News Bears
4. The Upside Downs
5. The Lickety Splits
6. The Keystone Kops
7. Reno 911
8. Police Academy (1,2,3,4,5.....)
9. Delta Tau Chi  (you know this, come on...)

You are free to add another bungling, inept group at your leisure.

How about a flaming hot pile of [BLEEP]?

Man, this is bad news but we have to salvage something from this nightmare... I hope we can somehow get at least a late 1st round draft pick.

It'll be interesting to see Josh Allen's production without Yan on the other side. Either way, defensive line is a BIG NEED at this point.

The Good. The Bad and The Ugly.
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Caldwell is something else. Caldwell picks mostly bums and the few good players he drafts, the team can't retain them. This team is such a joke.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Hey, remember that year we got Ramsey, Miles Jack, and Ngakoue all in the same draft? Our defense is unstopp...oh yeah...#becausejaguars

Kahn and Cauldwell looking like Beavis and Butthead.

With this being said I'd trade him to the Detroit Lions for Darius Slay. Slay is a under rated Pro Bowl Corner and is probably worth a first and second at least (maybe two number 1's), I'd offer the 20th pick and Ngakoue for Slay and a 4th. The Lions need a pass rusher and feel like they will be just short of getting Chase Young and we need a high caliber CB to replace Jalen, plus his cap number wouldn't be as high as Ngakoue. We can then start Allen and keep Campbell on the other end for at least this season. We might loose depth but gain someone way better than what we would get at #20 plus saves us cap money and we draft replacement depth.

Just my $0.02

(03-02-2020, 10:49 AM)JaxHellcat#1 Wrote: With this being said I'd trade him to the Detroit Lions for Darius Slay. Slay is a under rated Pro Bowl Corner and is probably worth a first and second at least (maybe two number 1's), I'd offer the 20th pick and Ngakoue for Slay and a 4th. The Lions need a pass rusher and feel like they will be just short of getting Chase Young and we need a high caliber CB to replace Jalen, plus his cap number wouldn't be as high as Ngakoue. We can then start Allen and keep Campbell on the other end for at least this season. We might loose depth but gain someone way better than what we would get at #20 plus saves us cap money and we draft replacement depth.

Just my $0.02

He’s 29, though. What’s the productive lifespan of a CB?

(03-02-2020, 09:52 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Is this all about the Benjamins for Yan? I don’t think so. He thinks the grass is greener elsewhere. So what’s the point in tagging him? Trade for value and cut him loose because what’s the point in paying big bucks for an unhappy player who won’t give the production?

Yan knows he is getting a whole lot of benjamins no matter what. He doesn't have to settle for playing for the biggest joke franchise in the league while doing that.

So once Yan leaves, the Jags have needs at every single position.

Fantasy Football has never been more enticing than it is now.

Eat a bag of rotting, cancerous sphincters, Yannick.

I usually don't wish ill on people, but giving an entire franchise and fanbase a public double-bird is one of those things I refuse to tolerate. May you never, ever win anything worthwhile. I hope the franchise you sign with remains inept for the duration of your contract, and you spend every day regretting the choice to leave.

May the pastures you imagine to be greener turn out to be covered in manure.