Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ngakoue announces he wants to leave Jaguars

(03-02-2020, 10:55 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(03-02-2020, 10:49 AM)JaxHellcat#1 Wrote: With this being said I'd trade him to the Detroit Lions for Darius Slay. Slay is a under rated Pro Bowl Corner and is probably worth a first and second at least (maybe two number 1's), I'd offer the 20th pick and Ngakoue for Slay and a 4th. The Lions need a pass rusher and feel like they will be just short of getting Chase Young and we need a high caliber CB to replace Jalen, plus his cap number wouldn't be as high as Ngakoue. We can then start Allen and keep Campbell on the other end for at least this season. We might loose depth but gain someone way better than what we would get at #20 plus saves us cap money and we draft replacement depth.

Just my $0.02

He’s 29, though. What’s the productive lifespan of a CB?

Two more years, maybe. But you'd get only one year on his current deal with a 13 million cap hit.

Slay also isn't "under-rated." There is a ton of buzz about him in the free agent market from what I read. But he's at that age where he could begin regressing at any time. I think he'd be an upgrade for us in 2020, but is it worth it? Doubtful for a trade and a 13 mil payout. Drafting a corner early feels like a better fix. 

I think the Jags are best served getting something like a 2nd and 3rd rd pick for Ngakoue. Or maybe an early 2nd and a solid young player with a reasonable contract that helps a weak position group.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Lol. Ramsey and now ngakoue. Say goodbye to our best young defensive player Josh Allen in a couple of years.

(03-02-2020, 09:59 AM)Rockman1966 Wrote: Who is this FO is comparable to?  Some suggestions below:

1. The Gang That Couldn't Shooot Straight
2. The Three Stooges
3. The Bad News Bears
4. The Upside Downs
5. The Lickety Splits
6. The Keystone Kops
7. Reno 911
8. Police Academy (1,2,3,4,5.....)
9. Delta Tau Chi  (you know this, come on...)

You are free to add another bungling, inept group at your leisure.

[Image: gijoe5.jpg]

[Image: 450?cb=20121005024146]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(03-02-2020, 11:15 AM)Mikey Wrote: Eat a bag of rotting, cancerous sphincters, Yannick.

I usually don't wish ill on people, but giving an entire franchise and fanbase a public double-bird is one of those things I refuse to tolerate. May you never, ever win anything worthwhile. I hope the franchise you sign with remains inept for the duration of your contract, and you spend every day regretting the choice to leave.

May the pastures you imagine to be greener turn out to be covered in manure.
Or.... Maybe you should place blame on the organization? 

It was ARobs fault. It was Ramseys fault. It's Yans fault..... 

If you were a player, give me a reason as to why you would want to play for the Jags if you were about to hit the open market? You're also taking this personally. Like he is flipping YOU the double bird. It's a business.

(03-02-2020, 11:18 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-02-2020, 11:15 AM)Mikey Wrote: Eat a bag of rotting, cancerous sphincters, Yannick.

I usually don't wish ill on people, but giving an entire franchise and fanbase a public double-bird is one of those things I refuse to tolerate. May you never, ever win anything worthwhile. I hope the franchise you sign with remains inept for the duration of your contract, and you spend every day regretting the choice to leave.

May the pastures you imagine to be greener turn out to be covered in manure.
Or.... Maybe you should place blame on the organization? 

It was ARobs fault. It was Ramseys fault. It's Yans fault..... 

If you were a player, give me a reason as to why you would want to play for the Jags if you were about to hit the open market? You're also taking this personally. Like he is flipping YOU the double bird. It's a business.

Did the organization give ARob/Yan a fair offer? The Ramsey thing is something else entirely IMO.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(03-02-2020, 11:18 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(03-02-2020, 09:59 AM)Rockman1966 Wrote: Who is this FO is comparable to?  Some suggestions below:

1. The Gang That Couldn't Shooot Straight
2. The Three Stooges
3. The Bad News Bears
4. The Upside Downs
5. The Lickety Splits
6. The Keystone Kops
7. Reno 911
8. Police Academy (1,2,3,4,5.....)
9. Delta Tau Chi  (you know this, come on...)

You are free to add another bungling, inept group at your leisure.

[Image: gijoe5.jpg]

The London Cobras. Catchy.

(03-02-2020, 11:24 AM)TJBender Wrote:
(03-02-2020, 11:18 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [Image: gijoe5.jpg]

The London Cobras. Catchy.

London Arbcos is more like it...

I am confident we can find someone in the draft that stops the run as well as he does. Albert Haynesworth 2.0.

Trade him!!. Move into full tank mode for Trevor Lawrence. Now is the time to completely bottom out
[Image: Brunell_sig_zps13c33193.jpg]

This team will forever be a joke while it's run and owned by incompetent jokesters..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

This team sometimes.... Oh well, time to move on. Tag and trade him before or on the draft. I think we should at least be able to get a 2nd for him; possibly a late 1st. Especially with the trade we got for Ramsey.
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(03-02-2020, 11:32 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: This team will forever be a joke while it's run and owned by incompetent jokesters..

I couldn't disagree with you more.

(This post was last modified: 03-02-2020, 11:57 AM by Caldrac.)

This front office is owned and ran by a bunch of clowns disguised in suits and ties. They'll tag him and trade him just before, during or after the draft.

They're also more than likely looking to get away from Foles. Good luck with that contract. You would have to beg a team to take him off your hands by giving them a draft pick. No different than what the Browns did with Osweiler's contract a few years ago.

So you're essentially back filling holes now that this front office ran out of town due to poor leadership and management. Wonderful job Mr. Khan. Outstanding!

This defense went from being your biggest strength in 2017 to your biggest bane all within 2 years. Remarkably terrible to see unfold. Now you have to back fill with talent that's not proven at the NFL level that you already had proven on your roster. And you're limiting your offense a bit by having to invest early picks in said back fills.

Just [BLEEP] pathetic.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

You’d imagine they’d get at least a 2nd for him since by just letting him walk they’d net a 3rd in a comp pick. Shouldn’t be too hard to command. Send him to one of the needy teams in the NFC. Giants, Lions, Washington, Minnesota, Seattle, etc could all use him right now.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(03-02-2020, 11:54 AM)Caldrac Wrote: This front office is owned and ran by a bunch of clowns disguised in suits and ties. They'll tag him and trade him just before, during or after the draft.

They're also more than likely looking to get away from Foles. Good luck with that contract. You would have to beg a team to take him off your hands by giving them a draft pick. No different than what the Browns did with Osweiler's contract a few years ago.

So you're essentially back filling holes now that this front office ran out of town due to poor leadership and management. Wonderful job Mr. Khan. Outstanding!

If the Jags manage a tag and trade just before or during the draft, we should at least be able to maximize Yan's trade value.
And we're stuck with Foles...  The Osweiler trade saved the tinhorns at least $10mil in cap space.  Trading Foles would only free up $3mil.  I'm not sure that savings is worth even a 7th round pick to me.
And I can't help wonder if Yan would change his mind if the team offered him the $22mil a year he's looking for?

Tag and Trade. The jags have holes to fill but this isn't one that is immediate or devastating. I like his motor but let's not pretend there aren't holes in his game. For $22M, he better be All-Pro and he isn't there yet. I believe the sum of parts is ultimately better than an above-average piece.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Kind of a drag. You now have another hole to worry about where you're entering a draft with the 9th and 20th overall selections. You can't fix everything this year. But you're just creating more and more positions on this team now that need to be back filled but they should have been avoided with proper management in place.

Campbell will be 34 years old entering the regular season. What happens if he goes down or dips in production? Now you're just relying on Josh Allen. Which he should continue to develop. And hopefully Smoot and Bryan take that next step I guess. We're just setting ourselves back. There's too many holes to fill. We can't get it all filled this off season.

You're still gambling by trading these guys away on the off chance that a rookie can come in and give you instant value and impact on the football field.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

A team would give a 1 for Yannick. You guys are underestimating his value.

Sucks he doesn't want to be here anymore. I was hoping Coughlin's departure would help restore the relationship between the players and the front office. I don't mind Yannick doing what he wants to do. I think some people forget that this is a job, and a player should have the freedom to do what they want. However, I don't see how this isn't personal. If they are offering him the money, why isn't he staying? Only thing I can think is that he wants to be on a winning team or he wants to sign with a big market team.

(03-02-2020, 12:17 PM)Last42min Wrote: A team would give a 1 for Yannick. You guys are underestimating his value.

Sucks he doesn't want to be here anymore. I was hoping Coughlin's departure would help restore the relationship between the players and the front office. I don't mind Yannick doing what he wants to do. I think some people forget that this is a job, and a player should have the freedom to do what they want. However, I don't see how this isn't personal. If they are offering him the money, why isn't he staying? Only thing I can think is that he wants to be on a winning team or he wants to sign with a big market team.

The big market argument is huge. I think people discount this. He (and his agent who is in his ear constantly) stand to benefit greatly via endorsements by moving to a big market. 

The other consideration here is that Yan could still come to the table with the Jags and this is yet another negotiation strategy to drive his offer up.  Unlikely at this point but still very possible.

(03-02-2020, 12:17 PM)Last42min Wrote: A team would give a 1 for Yannick. You guys are underestimating his value.

It's piss poor management driven by out of touch ownership. I wouldn't want to play here neither at this point in time. 36 - 85 since Khan took this team over. That's a symptom of poor management and out of touch ownership.