Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Drinkin' Teal Kool-Aid

It has been such a Jaguar depressing time period as of late, I thought I'd drink some teal Kool-Aid, jump on the Duval Express Section 103 happy train for a moment and prognosticate some of the pleasant surprises of the coming year to look out for, for a few of the guys currently wearing teal...

Chris Conley and Dede Westbrook are each in a contract final year this season, and one will rise as Chark did this past year.  My dollar's on Chris Conley. He came from a run heavy Georgia offense in college and needed time to develop in the NFL.  He is 6'3", burns at a 4.35 pace, and is highly explosive with a 45" vertical and 139" broad jump.  He took a step forward last season with 47 catches and 775 yards, with a 16.5 yards per catch average.  I believe he'll be a gem for this team next season.  (sip more Kool-Aid)

Last year, most believed Dawuane Smoot would not make the 53 man roster, after a disappointing first 2 seasons.  The former 3rd round draft pick surprised most by putting on some weight (to about 6'2 265) and muscle and contributed with 6 sacks.  He had 0 sacks in his first 2 seasons.  Like the gents above, he is entering his final season in his contract.  It would not surprise me to see Smoot shine, in an effort to cash in on next season's free agency or earn the starting spot opposite Josh Allen at strongside DE.  Don't sleep on Smoot.  (sip more Kool-Aid)

Lastly, although a draft pick last year, most seem to be writing off Josh Oliver as the move TE.  Josh was the 5th pick of the 3rd round last year, illustrating how the scout's felt fairly highly of his potential.  He ran a solid 4.6 40, measured 6'5 and 249 pounds, and showed good hands and route running in college.  He was developing good rapport with the QBs in camp, and looked to be a solid move TE with upside.  Unfortunately, he suffered a hamstring injury that caused him to miss the first 6 games of the season. He returned, without the QB rapport or 100% health he had been taking advantage of in camp, and only started 1 game (played in 4).  He sustained a back injury in week 11, and was placed on IR.  With the off season to fully heal, and a part year of NFL experience, I foresee Josh being a surprise story.  It seems most have completely written off the Jag's investment in him...after watching him in camp, I have not.  (oops...ran out of Kool-Aid).

Please feel free to add your own....

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'll have a sip of that kool aide. lets put some liquor in it.

Short and simple. Minshew!!
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

I am drinking the teal Kool Aide and wearing the teal shades.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Minshew will bring this team it’s first Super Bowl title. Book it.

(03-06-2020, 11:09 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: Minshew will bring this team it’s first Super Bowl title. Book it.

He will be traded long before that. Cant have any good players on this team, thats crazy talk.

(03-06-2020, 11:59 PM)TearExtractor Wrote:
(03-06-2020, 11:09 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: Minshew will bring this team it’s first Super Bowl title. Book it.

He will be traded long before that. Cant have any good players on this team, thats crazy talk.

The city will burn if Minshew gets traded.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(03-07-2020, 12:09 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(03-06-2020, 11:59 PM)TearExtractor Wrote: He will be traded long before that. Cant have any good players on this team, thats crazy talk.

The city will burn if Minshew gets traded.

Lol for the average qb. That would be our city.

I, like everyone else, really want to like the guy. But it is what it is, so far the guy is average at best.

(03-06-2020, 10:58 PM)Dimson Wrote: I am drinking the teal Kool Aide and wearing the teal shades.

It's potent stuff!  One sip and you start thinking about a winning season.........a full glass and you're hallucinating about playoffs!
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

This has Jonestown written all over it..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(03-07-2020, 02:06 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: This has Jonestown written all over it..

+1111111111111111111111

(03-07-2020, 12:38 AM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(03-07-2020, 12:09 AM)Dimson Wrote: The city will burn if Minshew gets traded.

I, like everyone else, really want to like the guy. But it is what it is, so far the guy is average at best.

Average is a huge step up from the garbage we've experienced over the past decade.  If Minshew can be average at his rookie salary for the next 2 years, that gives the Jags to dig out from their salary cap woes, use free agency and the draft to rebuild the defense, and be competitive.  

Of course, that's purely the kool-aid talking at this point.  Everyone knows it's a lost season and that DC and DM will be here in 2021 for another double-digit loss season. 

Time to look forward to 2022!!

This team will be lucky to win 4 games next year. Who is going to stop the pass? Whoever they get won't be as good as what they had. BOOK IT

(03-07-2020, 12:38 AM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(03-07-2020, 12:09 AM)Dimson Wrote: The city will burn if Minshew gets traded.

Sure, pretty common for any rookie to get 21 TD's just 6 ints over 3000 yards and 6 wins in their first year... especially with a garbage HC, O-line and defense.

I guess the Cards and Giants will have to look at drafting another QB in the first round this year since they only have average or below average QBs too.

(03-07-2020, 02:06 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: This has Jonestown written all over it..
It tastes soooo much better than the crappy grog everyone's doling out in the other forums.

I'll take an extra glass and raise it to the pending return of touchdown machine James O'Shaughnessy.

(03-07-2020, 08:34 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(03-07-2020, 12:38 AM)JagsorDie Wrote: Lol for the average qb. That would be our city.

Sure, pretty common for any rookie to get 21 TD's just 6 ints over 3000 yards and 6 wins in their first year... especially with a garbage HC, O-line and defense.

I guess the Cards and Giants will have to look at drafting another QB in the first round this year since they only have average or below average QBs too.

Exactly. I understand the pessimism surrounding this team but I’m not a Jags fan. Minshew brought me to this team. I’d like to think an average player wouldn’t do that.  I obviously want to see more but the guy has shown to have a lot of potential. The film says he is very good and very smart as a rookie.

(03-07-2020, 08:53 AM)anonymous2112 Wrote:
It tastes soooo much better than the crappy grog everyone's doling out in the other forums.

I'll take an extra glass and raise it to the pending return of touchdown machine James O'Shaughnessy.

I don’t want to temper the sweet, sweet kool-aid, but O’Shaughnessy blew out his ACL according to local radio. I’d not have high hopes about his return to “glory.”

Regarding other prognostications here:

Conley’s  ceiling is probably not much higher than what we saw last year.

Westbrook could definitely surge if Gruden makes him the Z receiver deep threat he was built to be. Stop making him run F and Y routes all the time. Total waste of talent. 

If Oliver is healthy he will produce. 

Minshew will start most of the games if not all, and eclipse his 2019 numbers.

(This post was last modified: 03-07-2020, 10:30 AM by homebiscuit.)

(tosses back glass and then slams it down while demonstratively grimacing)

Fournette will have an 1100 yard, 15 TD season.

(stumbles outside to vomit)

(03-06-2020, 09:53 PM)ATLjag Wrote: It has been such a Jaguar depressing time period as of late, I thought I'd drink some teal Kool-Aid, jump on the Duval Express Section 103 happy train for a moment and prognosticate some of the pleasant surprises of the coming year to look out for, for a few of the guys currently wearing teal...

Chris Conley and Dede Westbrook are each in a contract final year this season, and one will rise as Chark did this past year.  My dollar's on Chris Conley. He came from a run heavy Georgia offense in college and needed time to develop in the NFL.  He is 6'3", burns at a 4.35 pace, and is highly explosive with a 45" vertical and 139" broad jump.  He took a step forward last season with 47 catches and 775 yards, with a 16.5 yards per catch average.  I believe he'll be a gem for this team next season.  (sip more Kool-Aid)

Last year, most believed Dawuane Smoot would not make the 53 man roster, after a disappointing first 2 seasons.  The former 3rd round draft pick surprised most by putting on some weight (to about 6'2 265) and muscle and contributed with 6 sacks.  He had 0 sacks in his first 2 seasons.  Like the gents above, he is entering his final season in his contract.  It would not surprise me to see Smoot shine, in an effort to cash in on next season's free agency or earn the starting spot opposite Josh Allen at strongside DE.  Don't sleep on Smoot.  (sip more Kool-Aid)

Lastly, although a draft pick last year, most seem to be writing off Josh Oliver as the move TE.  Josh was the 5th pick of the 3rd round last year, illustrating how the scout's felt fairly highly of his potential.  He ran a solid 4.6 40, measured 6'5 and 249 pounds, and showed good hands and route running in college.  He was developing good rapport with the QBs in camp, and looked to be a solid move TE with upside.  Unfortunately, he suffered a hamstring injury that caused him to miss the first 6 games of the season. He returned, without the QB rapport or 100% health he had been taking advantage of in camp, and only started 1 game (played in 4).  He sustained a back injury in week 11, and was placed on IR.  With the off season to fully heal, and a part year of NFL experience, I foresee Josh being a surprise story.  It seems most have completely written off the Jag's investment in him...after watching him in camp, I have not.  (oops...ran out of Kool-Aid).

In summary, our Teal Kool-Aid consists of the following:
1) Either Conley or Westbrook will rise
2) Former 3rd round pick Smoot may not be a bust after all.
3) Unproven Josh Oliver is coming off an injury and may be an asset this year.

The teal kool-aid sure does lack a lot of flavor.

(03-07-2020, 10:53 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(03-06-2020, 09:53 PM)ATLjag Wrote: It has been such a Jaguar depressing time period as of late, I thought I'd drink some teal Kool-Aid, jump on the Duval Express Section 103 happy train for a moment and prognosticate some of the pleasant surprises of the coming year to look out for, for a few of the guys currently wearing teal...

In summary, our Teal Kool-Aid consists of the following:
1) Either Conley or Westbrook will rise
2) Former 3rd round pick Smoot may not be a bust after all.
3) Unproven Josh Oliver is coming off an injury and may be an asset this year.

The teal kool-aid sure does lack a lot of flavor.

Don't leave out the promise of our 10 draft picks.  We get Derrick Brown or Javon Kinlaw at #9, and stop the run, then we get an offensive tackle at #20 and improve our pass protection and running game.  Minshew takes a big step up from his rookie season, and we're all set!  Playoffs!

So, I think it's decided that I am entirely doubtful of our chances of success this year.

That said, I do like an adult beverage now and again, and the other night after a few jars that may or may not have contained said Teal Kool Aid, I put a couple of bets on.

Minshew MVP at 225/1 and Jags to win the Superbowl at 100/1.

Total winnings would be over 2000 bucks.

Book it.