Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Vikings Part Ways With Xavier Rhodes

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...ier-rhodes
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

They released Linval Joseph as well

Interesting moves. But I guess both players had recently dipped in production and the value wasn't there anymore contract wise. The moves make sense on paper. I wouldn't mind either player coming in though for maybe a year on a "prove it" type of basis.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I am all for Rhodes if he comes cheap.

After the way we did Ramsey and Bouye, it would be hard for me to come to Jax if I was Rhodes.

(03-14-2020, 06:14 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: After the way we did Ramsey and Bouye, it would be hard for me to come to Jax if I was Rhodes.

Fair point. Depends on the deal offered though.

How did we do Ramsey and Bouye? I would say however we "did" them, Rhodes got done worse.
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

(03-14-2020, 06:14 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: After the way we did Ramsey and Bouye, it would be hard for me to come to Jax if I was Rhodes.

Bouye got paid handsomely and we fired the guy that pissed off Ramsey.

Lots of big names in the secondary just flat released lately. I still don't see how we got a pick for Bouye.

(03-15-2020, 11:28 AM)RealJagsFan Wrote: Lots of big names in the secondary just flat released lately. I still don't see how we got a pick for Bouye.

Yeah, its looking even better with all of the other released players.

Anyone think Rhodes might move to safety, and sign cheap?

Now we're talking. Still don't think he'd sign here.

(03-13-2020, 03:41 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: They released Linval Joseph as well

Even though Linval Joseph is the older of the two and is coming off a season in which he wasn't quite at the level he's been at,  I think he's a better option for teams with needs at both CB and DT than Xavier Rhodes is.  The drop off with Rhodes looks more noticeable. Also, Joseph is a highly respected player by his coaches and teammates.  Rhodes was part of arguments with coaches and teammates after he made a costly mental mistake for the Vikings.

Sign Rhodes and Chris Harris if he gets released

(03-13-2020, 03:41 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: They released Linval Joseph as well

Linval Joseph is signing with the LA Chargers.  

This is a good contract for a player over 31, who recently got released.  Yet,  it's reflective of the total package, including very good intangibles,  that Linval Joseph brings to the table.  Much like some, if not most Jaguars fans are happy that Jurrell Casey is out of the AFC South,  I'm happy that Linval Joseph is out of the NFC North.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...-chargers/